It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks for setting the field back 10 years Tom Delonge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Get off the guys back---turns out he probably meant 60 years, or even 60 months

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
So wtf was Tom Defrauds 60 day announcement?!
Anybody???? (For reference it was made March 12)
Anyone at all????

IMO, people who are interested in these topics, UFO'S, cryptozoology, paranormal activity, etc.... Will not have a copy of people, or US Weekly on their coffee table.
Now, when a celebrity makes that crossover, 'WE' take notice.
A lot of us hope someone from that lifestyle, will give us that juicy info we dont get down here on the bottom rung. Am I right?
Instead of that, everyone who believed the "UFO researcher of the year" just bought a subscription to US Weekly.
We been duped. Same ol trick, different magician.
HEY!!! HEY!!! EVERYBODY!!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!!!
Nope. No Aliens here. Just a new issue of US weekly

Do what you wish, my back is turned.

I'll tell you what happened. Tom was banking on Hillary getting elected as much as anyone else was. He no longer has the sources and leverage for the promises he made and made to him. In other words he was betting on the wrong team and putting all his eggs in that basket. His team lost and his eggs broke.

I just realized this as I was reading your post.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Elementalist

Its annoying when people pretend, PRETEND, they have even the slightest clue of the secrets of the universe.

Stop pretending you have. Just like Tom Defraude..

I would love to believe in aliens, but at some point we actually need something alien as proof, don't we? All we got is UFOs after 6000 years... It has all been a human construct. Have you ever wonder why space ships started out as simple fly saucers and today they are complex after what 70 years? The complexity of this tells us that the human imagination has grown as our society has evolved it to where it is today.

I wanted to believe all my life and I'm still waiting, but I have accepted the truth that there just isn't anything truly alien in this story.

No.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Spot the difference?

Punk in the 1970s

A punk in the 21st century

Here is what Peter Levenda (author of Sekret Machines: Gods) had to say about the TDL project

....we in the United States now have some of the worst-educated high school and college students in the industrialized world, especially when it comes to STEM subjects. Our people do not have the intellectual tools with which to comprehend the scope of the Phenomenon since they are so poorly educated in science, math and technology. They don’t have the language or the context necessary to interpret the data. That puts us at a very pronounced disadvantage when it comes to debating scientists, engineers and government agents on the subject of UAP.

Tom, to his credit, has recognized this vulnerability. He realizes that he has some degree of credibility with young people, and wants to use that cultural capital to encourage the young to apply themselves energetically to the study of STEM subjects because an understanding of the Phenomenon is at least partially based on an understanding of science and technology and especially on thinking logically and scientifically. He also recognizes that the military, the intelligence community, and the government in general are not the enemy when it comes to the Phenomenon. They may be as much in the dark – but in a different way – as the rest of us. It is only by cooperating with those who have additional information and insight that we can come to a deeper understanding of the Phenomenon.

See :Links

So it's all down to the lack of education in America since 1990s. Luckily Tom is investing his own cultural capital to benefit a generation of intellectually challenged Americans. Then and only then will they be able to understand the Phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

What exactly do you mean by 6000 years?

6000 years is about the length of time for humans to have written language and in all that time aliens have just been human interpretations as to if they are here and what they are. Even today all this lack of actual aliens is explained away with "government cover up" and such. Aliens would truly be alien and there is too much humanization of all this.

Says the 2D flatlander about the possibility of a 3D world.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If Tom is Swordfish, there may be problems ahead and he may be at risk.

There's so much happening right now and last night yet hardly any mention on the net and hardly anything here.

I may be reading all this wrong and I don't know the full story nor do I claim to here but from what I'm finding on the internet, Toms life could be in jeopardy and not through ET disclosure.

I've started a thread in Rats in anyone's interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 28-7-2017 by studio500 because: added link

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm really not sure he has set it back at all, honestly. Making that statement operates on the premise that the field has made progress to move back from, and TDL seems to be yet another in a long line of similar people.

I think people may be looking at it all a bit wrong though. Taken in the vein of entertainment, and nothing else, I think there is still some things to look forward to. I've found the current offerings entertaining, even if they aren't exactly world class.

Seen in the light of launching a franchise like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings, I'm still looking forward to what comes next. But, ever since his AMA here, I haven't really expected anything "important" to come from it. There have been way, way too many red flags that just can't be ignored. I think the best case scenario is that TDL jumped into a game that he thought he understood completely and in that assumption, he is easy to manipulate.

Beyond all that, I am finding the drama surrounding the situation to be entertaining as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Thanks, I'll look into this! Thanks again

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

No.

No what? Your in depth post has me confused...lol

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Says the 2D flatlander about the possibility of a 3D world.

Got anything more than insults. It's got to be men in black world, ok.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I sincerely doubt what I saw was a "human construct," but I'm not claiming "aliens" either. I don't know what it was.

I'm saying that UFOs being an alien species(s) is a human created phenomenon. As you said we just do not know...

I've posted about it before, so here's the quick version: perfect circle, red/amber color "light" with no glare (muted like sunrise behind thick clouds), going in a straight line from South to North, daytime sighting, underneath a cover of rain clouds (no rain at the time or lightning), about the speed of a fast helicopter, size of my thumbnail-ish from my POV, then after it passed me (a block or so west of my position), it sped up instantly creating a streak for about six inches my POV, then "poof" it just disappeared, not into the distance, but as if it were simply "gone" or fully cloaked.

Would you say this UFO was large enough to be a ship of aliens, or was it smaller, being more machine only like?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
He (Tom) did exactly what he was told to do.

If he set this back ten years...... There's your sign.

He was out to capture millennials nothing more. A duesh in Mason aprons.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

6,000 is a low, low "guestimate" See: "Ancient Indian literature" which was ancient 6,000 years ago. You'll also find those writings describing "Flying Machines"

You pick the date, lets say 6000, 10,000, 100,000 the results are the same in all of this since all of it whether 6000 years or 100,000 years actually has zero anything truly alien in any of it. Human interpretation is just that, you can't just make an alien happen on that alone. As I said before, if you see a bunny in the clouds it doesn't make it a real bunny and that is about where we sit since the dawn of man. I only used 6000 years as a common start for when writing began and nothing more.

edit on 28-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexDJ

Do people expect that Gov would come clean about the UFO issue? sorry folks thats a can of worms that probably would be closed for a long time, sometimes they open up a bit and some worm come outs and they close it, plain and simply and you may say why? why?..... there are more harm than good right now if that would happen. We are still fighthing who has the bigger God yours or mine? now you open up another can of worms...see what i mean..

So every Government in the world is on board with this? Or does the US hold the one alien information key, sounds rather convenient that aliens came to us first if that is the case. Why would any Government have any control over whether aliens come out into the norm or not. 7 billion people on the planet, almost instant communications between all of us now and still aliens is the big secret under Government controlled.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Bring back Isaac Koi.

The old tried and true: "I wish I could star this post more than once", or some paraphrased version.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
He (Tom) did exactly what he was told to do.

If he set this back ten years...... There's your sign.

He was out to capture millennials nothing more. A duesh in Mason aprons.

2007 is not too bad, or is it? What has been achieved in this field in the last 10 years that wasn't known lets say in the 70s?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The sad part, is that some people did actually expect Delonge to make an announcement.

It was never going to happen. People need to wake up and see it for what it is.

I've been awake, please explain what it is we need to "see it for what it is"? Your post lacks enough substance to differentiate between what could be inferred from your actual text (e.g. the inference your post could be making is Tom duped gullible people and never had any meaningful announcement) and what your actual inference could be (e.g. you're inferring that people "wake up...see it for what it is", which is there's nothing to disclose and Tom is looking to make/gain money/fame [whatever you meant I'm quite certain you meant to wake up and see it for the money and fame he is motivated by]). Yes, the inferences are similar, but there is a distinction and difference namely, there's absolutely nothing to disclose, or TDL is simply in it for more fortune and more fame.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
On July 23rd (6 days ago) on his Facebook page, he posted:

He seems impatient like he wants to announce it NOW, but something/someone(?) perhaps keeps making him postpone it? Lol @ the first comment.
edit on 29-7-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

lol @ Grant Cameron. Give him his dues he's an opportunist. The minute the TDL thing came around it gave him the perfect excuse to cobble together another sub-par book on the UFO subject (i'm currently reading the typo laden kindle edition, which doesn't even seem to have been proof read.) I was actually surprised at how much credence he puts into people like Steven Greer, John Lear, George Adamski etc etc, you know all the fringe lunatics. Just another 'UFOlogist' with a book to sell which makes him no better or worse than his target TDL.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

There is no proof for minds made up, though you have never been off this tiny rock.

So you are suggesting you been off the planet then and have real physical alien proof. My mind is not made up, I'm waiting patiently, but I can understand the insurmountable obstacles that seemly are still there, otherwise we would have that proof.

Lots of people have already had their proof that some UFO's are alien spacecraft. People who have seen craft with non human creatures walking around. Proof to them, just not to everyone else who didn't get to see them.. Gosh that's not fair is it?
The ones who have seen them here don't care that everyone else didn't get to see them. Perhaps that is why those who have never seen any proof are so frustrated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join