It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas School District Preparing to Bring the Paddle Back

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Parents yeah. A good smack or clip round the ear a good thing.

But not for teachers.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it makes you feel better. Not every kid is your kid and not every kid reacts the same way to what worked for you and your kid.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure it makes you feel better. Not every kid is your kid and not every kid reacts the same way to what worked for you and your kid.

I tend to agree with the other member.

I've been around many kids and parents, and I've found the most important aspect of keeping kids in line boils down to the way you talk to them and treat them, just like dealing with adults.

Spanking them or beating them only serves to instill fear of the pain. It does not instill love, respect and the desire to make the parents proud of whom they are. I think it also shows the child that their parent(s) is weak.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123

Yeah, kids arent like those from past paddled generations.

The teacher doing the slapping might want to be armed or fit enough to fight back.

I see alot of meetings in parking lots after the discipline is given.

edit on 7 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: the owlbear

Aren't you the sicko!

Nope.

I prefer to discipline my children the way I see fit.
Catholic Church hid so much as an organization that even included penetration and worse.
Now, giving administration in schools the power to beat, with a weapon, which would be a felony if two adults did the same act to each other...
What message does that send?

I was hit with a board by my alcoholic principal for something that happened off school grounds...but the next day he felt he needed to "give me a light one or two"....
He had no authority to do such. Just wanted to hit kids. And drink what was in his desk.

My parents tried to say something to the matter, but they were "poor" and couldn't hire a lawyer.
My parents told me I did nothing wrong. But I wanted to watch that asshole that felt the need to hit me burn...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123
Texas School District Preparing to Bring the Paddle Back

What a highly devolved state! Congrats!
Look at how beating and torturing each other throughout history has made the world into such a Stepford Wives Nice Peaceful planet!
I know, let's continue, maybe the results, after 300,000 years of abject failure, will be different!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: FHomerK

Yea, that society doesn't exist anymore. You'd be hard pressed to find a school where a majority of the parents spank their kids let alone, allow another to do so.

The reason it worked then is because everyone else was on board (
) with similar ideals and standards.

Are you attempting to point out some sort of flakeyness in my posts?

Never had to hit my kids physically to discipline them.
I'm lucky, I know. But I treated each child as a human with a developing mind. Girl and a boy. But never did they make me want to hit them the way I was hit and embarrassed.
My father in front of my Cub Scout troop said he was going to build retard cages for my brother and myself and let us out once a day to take a #. He wasn't a drunk, just angry.
Life sucks sometimes. But you don't need to give your correction to a possible masochist. Hell, the Catholic's are probably cheering by now.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Not every kid needs paddled and paddling on some kids just doesn't work. Myself, I was pretty hard headed, although I wasn't caught and paddled for half the stuff I should have been, the ones I got, I more than deserved. My neighborhood was pretty close in my very young days. Knew the whole block very well and if I was getting in trouble down the road, I may just get my arse whooped all the way home in preparation for the real one!

I've yet to see first hand another place where that exists anymore. It's just not like it was, for better or worse.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 28-7-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join