It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ellison: Trump Trying to Circumvent ‘the Whole System’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Another GEM from a wild nut Democrat that has some power.

This time it's Keith Ellison (DNC Deputy Chair).

He was on Left Wing NPR (National Public Radio).

He was whining about how Trump is circumventing something or other by using Twitter as an outlet for unedited news and comments.

Of COURSE Ellison says Trump should be barred from Twitter altogether.

He actually made some comparisons to the American Revolution and old King George III.

And, he goes total 180 by saying social media is good for Democracy, but then suddenly says it's the "WAY" Trump uses it is bad for Democracy !!

The "Brains" always throb with these pseudo-intellectuals.

Ellison: Trump Trying to Circumvent ‘the Whole System’ – ‘We Fought a War of Independence’ Against King George for That

On Thursday’s broadcast of NPR’s “Morning Edition,” DNC Deputy Chair Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN) argued that President Trump uses Twitter in a manner that is comparable to the behavior of England’s King George III.

Ellison argued that Twitter should block Trump from Twitter and that he “can’t think of anyone who’s been more abusive than Donald Trump.” He added that there should at least be a discussion about the president’s Twitter use and that if Twitter evaluates Trump’s account and concludes that he hasn’t violated any of Twitter’s terms of use, “I’d be satisfied with that.”

Ellison later argued that he generally sees Twitter “as a good thing to foster communication from your government, but I think it can be used in a very bad way. Because, what he’s doing, through his Twitter account and in other ways, is circumventing the whole system to intimidate people, to pack courts, to intimidate the press, all so that he can just sort of run everything himself. And we fought a war of independence against somebody, King George, who was trying to do that. So, this is really why I’m actually kind of concerned about his use of social media, not the fact that he uses it. That’s actually a good thing. But the way that he uses it, I think is damaging to representative democracy.”

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A Democrat complaining about Trump? What's next? Space is dark? Water is wet?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think they’re (Democrats) more worried about his “unfiltered by the media” messages and accomplishments getting out to those not living in the Leftist bubbles of California and NYC. Will kind of cement “R”s continuing to take over seats at all levels of government throughout the rest of the normal Country.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Water is wet? FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I hate to say this, but after I finished chuckling I typed this message with a smile.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ellison and DNC head Perez are former addicts. Apparently they've never fully detoxed their brains.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The "Brains" always throb with these pseudo-intellectuals.
Trump should create a law requiring these types to attend 12 hours of lectures of Jordan Peterson ... Their minds have to be going in two different direction at the same time for them to come up with this stuff . ETA Paul Joseph Watson is the best at calling these fools out

edit on 27-7-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: theantediluvian

I hate to say this, but after I finished chuckling I typed this message with a smile.

Turns out we can all just get along! Check it out Rodney!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I am honestly surprised that the Progressives are not attending classes to learn how to tolerate things, since that is what they are "about". lol.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Water is wet? FAKE NEWS! FAKE NEWS!

Water ?

Call it what libtards call it: Dihydrogen Monoxide.
Thousands of people die in it every year, CO2 does not kill so many.

Go ahead, make my day: Ban it.
Then, get Al Gore to sell "water credits" for it.

Finally, start putting down Conservatives for your "greater knowledge" of "science".....

LOL

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

We didn't fight a war of Independence so the president could circumvent Congress and the press.

Also...

We didn't fight a war of Independence so the press could sway public opinion to their bias and Congress could line their pockets from special interests.

Erm... The point?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

We didn't fight a war of Independence so the president could circumvent Congress and the press.

Also...

We didn't fight a war of Independence so the press could sway public opinion to their bias and Congress could line their pockets from special interests.

Erm... The point?

You first.

What's YOUR point ?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I suppose that extended silence means we can all agree that the thread is pointless.
edit on 27-7-2017 by sine.nomine because: All thumbs

new topics

top topics

join