It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well. I'm highly anticipating this game, Anthem.

It's got frostbite engine.

I highly recommend you watch this trailer as the graphics are insane. especially the mortar explosions.

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Wow. That looks awesome. I just tried Dark and Light on Steam and got a refund. Just didn't do it for me. Will be keeping an eye out for this one!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I hope it's a decent game, but I don't think it will do well with Bioware's fanbase. They tend to be more oriented towards single player than multiplayer, but we'll see.
edit on 27-7-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

I like the concept and idea of what they're doing, there's nothing wrong with treading in to uncharted waters

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Well, no, but really, I was talking more about the player base of Bioware than Bioware the developer itself. Bioware's player base, in general, is just more interested in single player games than they seem to be in multiplayer.

Now, granted, SWTOR, which I personally love, has done well, but only after it went free to play. Plus, it's Star Wars, so.. I just don't know how Bioware's player base is going to react to Anthem. They may love it, but it will have to be something that is more story driven than something like say, Overwatch or even Destiny is in order for it to be successful with Bioware's player base.

Personally, I love Bioware as an RPG developer, but I have a very wait and see attitude towards Anthem. I just don't know if it's going to wash with Bioware's player base. I think if it follows somewhat of what they did in SWTOR, it will do fine. However, if they follow the "focus on multiplayer only" formula that many developers recently have, I don't see that sitting well with Bioware's player base.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I have to say, after watching this particular video, it looks interesting. It really doesn't matter what I think because I buy EVERYTHING Bioware develops.

Shrug, looks good to me

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't know. I did the MMORPG thing for a while, but with a game, I either need good story to hook me into doing the repetitive stuff or I need good challenge to it or I need a good playerbase that doesn't immediately alienate me on day 1.

Multiplayer is risky in that it has the community. If the community is comprised of jerks, then it's a deal breaker because you can't play without them and you don't want to play with them.

BioWare might be crapping too much on their traditional fanbase here, but we'll see.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think the game will be fine as an MMORPG. My concern is that that's not what this is. I am concerned it's going to be more like an Overwatch or some other competitive multiplayer game, and I just don't see that being successful with Bioware's player base.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

I think the game will be fine as an MMORPG. My concern is that that's not what this is. I am concerned it's going to be more like an Overwatch or some other competitive multiplayer game, and I just don't see that being successful with Bioware's player base.

Yeah.

I wouldn't play it. I did have some fun with the ME3 multiplayer even though I hated the way it was forced on people in order to do well in the single player campaign, but it was strictly co-op. I've almost never had real fun with competitive online play.

I'm just not dedicated enough to build the "right" builds and play them like that. It requires almost CCG competitive levels of play to really be decent at it, and I just don't enjoy spending that much time logged in, mainly because I don't have that much time to dedicate.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I understand. Of course, an MMORPG is quite a time consumer as well, but it's different because there are actually objectives other than capturing parts of a map or whatnot.

We'll see, it's liable to be a great game and I hope it is because Bioware and CD Project Red are my two favorite developers. They haven't put out a game I didn't like, frankly.

PS: I have beat ME3 several times without ever touching multiplayer, so I am not clear as to what you mean "you were forced to play multiplayer to do well in single player."

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
Well. I'm highly anticipating this game, Anthem.

YEAH!

It's got frostbite engine.

BOO!!!
Frostbite sucks

Anyhow, looks pretty good. This is made by Bio-E, which means they will have actual talent working on it thank god...but mny faith in bioware has been basically sunk overall..still, Edmonton is the one that made ME great, however they have shed a lot of their key talent even there and replaced with some millenials more worried about making a political statement than a game.
Also..meh, its a online game. annoying. I like my games mostly single player (or perhaps a co-op mode for a few friends)
edit on 27-7-2017 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And here i was hoping for some DLC for Andromeda. They left a massive cliffhanger. Anthem looks good but i hope its nothing like Destiny.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There was already talk about the Anthem gameplay demo just being a vertical slice. That the game is still a ways off and most likely won't look as good when running on actual hardware. Then the lead designer just died. All of that on top of Bioware not being that popular at the moment.

Who knows when it will come out now.

top topics

join