It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama says some never saw past 'my skin color'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Yeah because for the last 8 years Barry and his lovely wife have been so enamored with and loving towards the white people of this great nation.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

Yeah because for the last 8 years Barry and his lovely wife have been so enamored with and loving towards the white people of this great nation.

You are aware that he won two elections aren't you?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112

While I didn't agree with everything he did, It seems to me that he tried to operate with equality in mind.
Is that what gets you people so worked up?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Michelle Obama's senior thesis at Princeton was on racial divide. It colors everything she is, thinks, feels, and believes in. In other words, it colors HER reality.

Before the Obamas took office, Americans, in general, weren't nearly as racially divided and conscious about it as they are now. Things took a turn for the worse rather than for the better, imo. He couldn't help himself. Nine months into his presidency, he was sticking his racially-biased nose into a local police matter in Cambridge, MA that resulted in the now infamous "Beer Summit".

It was all downhill from there.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Michelle Obama's senior thesis at Princeton was on racial divide. It colors everything she is, thinks, feels, and believes in. In other words, it colors HER reality.

Before the Obamas took office, Americans, in general, weren't nearly as racially divided and conscious about it as they are now. Things took a turn for the worse rather than for the better, imo. He couldn't help himself. Nine months into his presidency, he was sticking his racially-biased nose into a local police matter in Cambridge, MA that resulted in the now infamous "Beer Summit".

The level of delusion on this thread is astonishing. Do you really think that the racial divisions in America weren't there before Obama was elected?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: queenofswords

The level of delusion on this thread is astonishing. Do you really think that the racial divisions in America weren't there before Obama was elected?

Nobody wants to admit that those divisions were really just amplified (hatred and anger) when Obama was elected; they were further amplified (jubilation and orange Kool-Aid this time) when Comrade Cheeto was elected.

The banjos starting strumming like orc war horns deep in the heart of Hickton, and every toothless, sheet-wearing Cleetus rolled off the turnip truck to celebrate a win for whitey--kind of like one giant Billy Ray Cyrus concert.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

During the 8 years Obama was in office, I definitely got the vibe that Michelle didn't like white people. In lieu of that, for her to make that statement is idiotic.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Do you really think that the racial divisions in America weren't there before Obama was elected?

Sure it was there in some degree, but I really think it was diminishing...yes.

I think Obama stirred the sh*tpot of racial division and made what was dimming light up again. I think it was intentional and began less than six months into his taking office with the Henry Gates/police controversy.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that that event was intentionally instigated.

edit on 28-7-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I get the funny feeling that Barack Obama turns to Michelle or Michael
at night and says turn over beautiful and take it like a man

The things that go on behind closed doors

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Trump supporter right? They seem to deal in crude humor, love to troll and see nothing wrong with insulting as much as possible. Also big snowflakes.

edit on 28-7-2017 by justagod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with Michelle Obama stating facts. There are people out there who could not get past her and Obama's race.

Also find it interesting to see some people blame their racism on Obama, I mean sure attacks on Obama were not racial and just about what party he is from but some go too far and you know it is about race.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: justagod
Nothing wrong with Michelle Obama stating facts. There are people out there who could not get past their race, including the attacks on her husband.

Also find it interesting to see some people blame their racism on Obama, I mean sure attacks on Obama were no racial and just about what party is from but some go to far and you know it is about race.

She can't get past race.
Everybody deals with racism.
She has done nothing to help race relations.
Her and her husband have decided to be divisive instead of inclusive.
She is racist.
edit on 2017-07-28T21:31:14-05:002201728America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: trannies

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Nothing wrong with Michelle Obama stating facts. There are people out there who could not get past their race, including the attacks on her husband.

Also find it interesting to see some people blame their racism on Obama, I mean sure attacks on Obama were no racial and just about what party is from but some go to far and you know it is about race.

She can't get past race.
Everybody deals with racism.
She has done nothing to help race relations.
Her and her husband have decided to be divisive instead of inclusive.
She is racist.

No one is more decisive then some people from the right. They seem to blame a lot of the crime on minorities, any religion not theirs or attacking women and their rights.

So because the Obama's happen to be African American, they are not allowed to point out the blatant racism against minorities?

Just who can point out these issues without being divisive?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Trump supporter right? They seem to deal in crude humor, love to troll and see nothing wrong with insulting as much as possible. Also big snowflakes.

I have not got a oar in the race in America ,Just a curious Brit laughing from afar at all the allegations that surround people in political power in America .

We have just the same Muppets in power over the pond , But the American politicians seem larger than life or death in the case of Killary AND little George myweb.tiscali.co.uk... .

Compared to them our muppets are boring www.whatreallyhappened.com...

I do not vote as it seems to encourage them

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: justagod

She is one of the most privileged people in the world, and she's complaining about "some" people not being able to see past her skin color.

edit on 2017-07-28T21:55:22-05:002201728America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: racist

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

She is one of the most privileged people in the world, and she's complaining about "some" people not being able to see past her skin color.
She is racist.

So wait, she can't talk about the racism she has faced before and after being FLOTUS? Doing so when you have had success makes her racist?

I don't understand your logic? So before becoming successful it was OK but after despite overcoming the obstructions in place for many minorities, she is not allowed to speak about racism she may be dealing with now?

It is not her that can't get past her race, it is others and that is a fact. Success does not mean she still does not deal with racism, it only means her success has made the racism she deals with more prevalent. The more success a minority has, the more the racists come out.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

She is racist.

So wait, she can't talk about the racism she has faced before and after being FLOTUS? Doing so when you have had success makes her racist?

I don't understand your logic? So before becoming successful it was OK but after despite overcoming the obstructions in place for many minorities, she is not allowed to speak about racism she may be dealing with now?

It is not her that can't get past her race, it is others and that is a fact. Success does not mean she still does not deal with racism, it only means her success has made the racism she deals with more prevalent. The more success a minority has, the more the racists come out.

Are you a liberal white woman?
Serious question.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What she may think is racism in many cases is probably just a personal dislike of the woman.

But, since she sees everything through the eyes of color, she no doubt interprets every diss as an attitude of racism.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Yes they were amplified. By people just like you. Read what you just wrote:

" The banjos starting strumming like orc war horns deep in the heart of Hickton, and every toothless, sheet-wearing Cleetus rolled off the turnip truck to celebrate a win for whitey--kind of like one giant Billy Ray Cyrus concert. "

To me , a man from a small town down in the south that sounds awful. That sounds just as bad , hurtful , and mean as what the far left racially anal people cry about all the time. If you want respect drop the Antedated stereotypes already. Please give it up!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: savagediver

From your keyboard to their brains.

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join