It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama says some never saw past 'my skin color'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Heck I thought she was attractive and intelligent I liked her.
It is obvious some can't see past her skin colour because there are racists about...all kind of racists everywhere heck I will admit it I have a dislike of the french.
Thinking on I would love to arm wrestle Michelle Obama.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Michelle Obama:

Incredibly successful woman, also she was black...

Yeah, nah.

A success story, by any measure. Congrayulations and well done I reckon.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Sadly for you, conspiracies need to have facts that eventually back them up. Which yours don't.

Right, if they have facts that back them up, they are no longer conspiracies. Bay of Tonkin comes to mind.

Try again

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

guranteed that there will never be another Black family in the Whitehouse ever again

I think what you mean to say, is next time let's get a real Black family in the Whitehouse.

Since Obama is only 1/2 black. So, we can't judge all Black families from viewing a mixed race one.

edit on 27-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
skin color means nothing to me i just wish she came out as first trans gender first lady seriouslyi thought women did not naturally have adan's apples.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Her husband would have never been elected President if most could not see beyond skin color.

She should STFU.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
so lets see, her "detractors" called her and her husband, gorillas, a communist muslim, michelle a man, michelle a tranny, had posters depicting obama hanging from a noose etc etc so yes i would say she has a point about the racism spewed at her husband and herself.

perhaps she should just turn the other way and act mature when her "detractors" talk bad about her like donald trump does when people bad mouth him. oh wait donald trump does not turn the other cheek he lashes out in a much more immature fashion yet most of the posters in this thread defend him for it. *eyeroll*

Yeah and some of us including me have called out Trump for whining about people making fun of him.

Dumb when he does it, dumb when Michelle does.

Again, these are some of the most powerful privledged people the world has ever seen. Anyonw in the spotlight is going to have trolls attack them.

To try to claim the victim card is totally ridiculous.

Trump ran for office.

Michelle did not.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Sadly for you, conspiracies need to have facts that eventually back them up. Which yours don't.

Right, if they have facts that back them up, they are no longer conspiracies. Bay of Tonkin comes to mind.

Try again

Hear that sound again? My point just passed several miles over your head.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Michelle Obama obviously felt she was unworthy otherwise she wouldn't have needed nod and pat on the back from others. It's in the nature of people to go after weakness and she showed she was weak. Did she not have a support system in her family? Friends, relatives?

It's a hard life and being thin skinned of any color will make you a target. I'm not saying it is ok to be cruel and insensitive. I am saying people are cruel and insensitive and the Obamas chose to play with the big dogs. Good idea to have a thick skin.

What on earth did she expect? Being accepted as a queen just because.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Her husband was elected, and ran for two terms. He got into the highest position in politics in America because people voted for him to be in that role.

She, in turn, became the First Lady, one of the most prominent female roles to figure in politics and social causes worldwide.

Together, they mix with the elite of society and have become wealthy people.

................... And still she claims she has been victimised.

Has she suffered racism? She probably has, just like many millions of others. Has it stopped her reaching the top with her husband? No. So why's she still using it as a platform for airing her views is beyond me.
edit on 28-7-2017 by elgaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Her husband would have never been elected President if most could not see beyond skin color.

She should STFU.

Thread Winner. I had to get that in before the Stasi Thought Police remove the post.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This country should sent all the blacks back to Africa 100 years ago. Its obvious they don't like it here and they don't add much.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Apollumi
Michelle Obama obviously felt she was unworthy

Michelle grew up in America. And as all non-white people know, the treatment of non-whites is quite different from whites in the USA. So, her perceptions of her self and the relation with the society around her was formed at a very early age, in her childhood.

Barack was lucky, he grew up outside America. So, he was never exposed to the social and psychological factors that shape the psyche of most American Blacks in the critical teen years, when an individual is forming an image of self from contact with the environment around.

Barack had the best possible personal development for a black man in America: Born in the USA, grew up outside America during childhood, finish his adult education back in the USA, after the critical personality forming period is past him.

So, Barack always believed that he could be President. He grew up in a positive environment, and he only has an "intellectual" understanding of the Black American experience, but no "emotional" exposure to it. His exposure to the black experience came in his adult years, when he could deal with these things on a purely intellectual level, solid in the knowledge of who is, already mentally mature, and could rationalize things in an objective way.

All blacks in the USA should leave America when they are 2-3 years old, and come back when they are 19-20 to finish their education here. Then, they too can be president.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Same same but different but still the same....

Same thing I hear over and over, African Americans rolling out the same race card as if such applies today. Fact is, it does not.

The same African Americans say to white people, you have all the money and all the luck. I still wonder, wheres all this money and luck I am supposed to have? Certainly not seen my cut yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingdutchman2112
This country should sent all the blacks back to Africa 100 years ago. Its obvious they don't like it here and they don't add much.

Good grief. Really? Thanks for so, uh, eloquently proving the point: America still has a long way to go where this issue is concerned.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
so will hollywood get a white lady to portray her in her bio film?
hollywood whitewashing and all.....

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And so WHAT ?

Some never seen what's past in my gun closet.

Some never see what's past the number of zero's in my bank account.

Some never see past my political affiliation.

Some never see past my belief in upholding the LAWS instead of picking and choosing when they matter.

Some never see past my belief in thinking the STATE shouldn't be in the business of providing free corporation products like healthcare,homes, and 'education'.

Lot's of bigots in this country Michele and they are not limited to skin color.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

And so WHAT ?

Some never seen what's past in my gun closet.

Some never see what's past the number of zero's in my bank account.

Some never see past my political affiliation.

Some never see past my belief in upholding the LAWS instead of picking and choosing when they matter.

Some never see past my belief in thinking the STATE shouldn't be in the business of providing free corporation products like healthcare,homes, and 'education'.

Lot's of bigots in this country Michele and they are not limited to skin color.

Let us view all of the above things. Are any of them immediately visible? No they are not.
Let us now look at Michelle Obama. Is the problem she was referring to visible? Yes, yes it is. It's the colour of her skin.
You see the point I'm wearily trying to make?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No what she's doing is classic left.

Deflecting on political issues and trying to make it in to something else.

Neither Obama is important now.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No what she's doing is classic left.

Deflecting on political issues and trying to make it in to something else.

Neither Obama is important now.

Did you not see my point, or did you merely think it was unimportant?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join