It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama says some never saw past 'my skin color'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You could be well educated, wealthy and retired for all I know, only reason I could think of for you having a higher IQ and level of success than Michelle Obama and being able to spend so much time on an internet forum.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not my type of speech. I would never pay attention to something like that and I realized that is because it was a speech in front of a women's group. That should be enough said since I am a guy.

I am just finding it funny that so many ATS guys find it so interesting and they seem to have their panties in a bunch over it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm sure some can't, but many can't get passed their own color as well.

edit on 57731America/ChicagoThu, 27 Jul 2017 16:57:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Perhaps people are upset because her and Pres O were very deceive and on many occasions made remarks that fanned the flames of what was viewed as a racial situation.
For her to claim hurt feelings in a cheap trick.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

You could be well educated, wealthy and retired for all I know, only reason I could think of for you having a higher IQ and level of success than Michelle Obama and being able to spend so much time on an internet forum.

Again, the argument being made here is that IQ is not dependent on success. If it were, then both Trump and Bush would be off limits as well. After all, the same arguments you are trying to use to shame me out of criticizing Michelle can equally be used to shame all of you from criticizing both Trump and Bush as I doubt any of you meet your criteria to be able to level snide comments at either of them.

Let's be honest.

The only reason those of you who don't like people taking pot shots at Michelle's intelligence don't like it and think it's different than what's leveled at either Bush or Trump is one ... maybe two things: You happen to agree with her politics and she has a skin color that puts her off limits in your eyes.

If we can get that far, then we can talk about the real source of bias.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Maybe men can take it?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

Again, the argument being made here is that IQ is not dependent on success. If it were, then both Trump and Bush would be off limits as well. After all, the same arguments you are trying to use to shame me out of criticizing Michelle can equally be used to shame all of you from criticizing both Trump and Bush as I doubt any of you meet your criteria to be able to level snide comments at either of them.

Let's be honest.

The only reason those of you who don't like people taking pot shots at Michelle's intelligence don't like it and think it's different than what's leveled at either Bush or Trump is one ... maybe two things: You happen to agree with her politics and she has a skin color that puts her off limits in your eyes.

If we can get that far, then we can talk about the real source of bias.

Look, you're free to criticize Michelle's intelligence all you want. In fact, please do. Let's hear it.
Please, mock away. Cogent thinking and examples always help.

It's true: success and IQ aren't inherently related.

In my opinion, Michelle Obama is quite intelligent and successful.
Her level of education and professional experience are impressive.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Aside from obtaining two Ivy league degrees, MO's "professional" accomplishments really only evolve around promoting healthier eating habits! That's it besides being the first black "lady" to be in the WH.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Aside from obtaining two Ivy league degrees, MO's "professional" accomplishments really only evolve around promoting healthier eating habits! That's it besides being the first black "lady" to be in the WH.

Try and walk a mile in her shoes, with people like you dropping quote marks around the word Lady, and see how you like it. And do you have two degrees?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Is it the quotation marks that bother her?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I look forward to you appearing on an anti trump thread and calling out everyone calling him orange, a cheeto, fat, making fun of his wig, etc. and explaining how Trump has every right to play the victim card.

Oh look! There are people on this very thread calling Trump cheeto!

Perhaps you would like to lecture them and tell us how much of a victim Trump is right now.

1: It needs to stop on both sides - there are so many things we can criticize every politician for but everyone seems to want to take cheap shots at looks.

2: I don't really feel any need or reason to advocate for Trump, a number of his own actions over the years have proven he's a bully, getting back what he gives still may make him a victim, but it seems like he has no problem firing back - something most if not all of his supporters laud him for. As for his appearance, that hair style and skin tone are a choice he makes - he, like the Obamas could afford the best professional styling he takes it for these two things for the same reason I'll rip him for preferring his steaks well done - he's got # taste.

3: Trump does have the right to play the victim when you attack appearances.

Discourse in america is bad enough, lets not advocate it getting worse just because it's fun.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TonyS

Wearing race, sexual preference and sexual identity on your shirt sleeve is all the rage right now. It is a useful tool backed up by the big media. Useful to keep us at each others throats.

Thats because its alot easier to judge a book by its cover than to actually spend time looking inside.

Michelle was a crappy read, and the cover is just... 'meh'

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Is it the quotation marks that bother her?

No, it the fact that the poster said that MO was in fact a man in another post on this thread, a post that the Mods seem to have deleted, much to my pleasure.
Yes, that is what this site has devolved to. People claiming that Michelle Obama is a man, because they are unable to come to terms with the fact that she's more intelligent and hell of a lot classier than they are.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Maybe men can take it?

Pfft, obviously they can't or there wouldn't a bunch of what I assume are men in here whining on Michelle's behalf.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Maybe men can take it?

Pfft, obviously they can't or there wouldn't a bunch of what I assume are men in here whining on Michelle's behalf.

The noise you just heard in the far, far, distance was the point that Michelle Obama was making passing far, far, over your head.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I saw past it.....and saw she is a dick.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Maybe men can take it?

The noise you just heard in the far, far, distance was the point that Michelle Obama was making passing far, far, over your head.

You're right. You guys on the left never got past her skin color.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You are on a conspiracy web site. There are a ton of different opinions and thoughts on Obama, Trump and other world leaders.

If you think M O is the only one to have racial, intelligence or any other of many insults hurled at them, you need to look more closely.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I never gave a rodent's rump what color her skin was...or what color her husband's skin was. I cared about what they said, how they said it and what they tried to do to this country that went against my beliefs and principles. I cared that they dissed this country and what we've stood for, for almost 250 years, at every turn. I care that they tried to be as divisive as possible.

It is not the color of one's skin, it is the content of one's character. And I didn't think (and still don't) that they have much of that.

Why can't they just stay in their mansion, play golf, go on expensive vacations and live off the fat of their taxpayer-funding pension and leave the rest of us ALONE???
edit on 27-7-2017 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You are on a conspiracy web site. There are a ton of different opinions and thoughts on Obama, Trump and other world leaders.

If you think M O is the only one to have racial, intelligence or any other of many insults hurled at them, you need to look more closely.

Sadly for you, conspiracies need to have facts that eventually back them up.
Which yours don't.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join