It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama says some never saw past 'my skin color'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Wonder how Bush dealt with the horrible lashing out of "we the people". Poor guy.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
mistaken again.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Grambler

I love that people can complain about her playing the victim while others in the thread are ripping in her looks.

Plenty of wealthy powerful people get their looks picked on, and it would be ridiculous for them to play the victim card.

Half of this thread is people debating what's in her dress in a Photosopped picture - and you're #ing telling me she can't play the victim card because she's rich?

I look forward to you appearing on an anti trump thread and calling out everyone calling him orange, a cheeto, fat, making fun of his wig, etc. and explaining how Trump has every right to play the victim card.

Oh look! There are people on this very thread calling Trump cheeto!

Perhaps you would like to lecture them and tell us how much of a victim Trump is right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Wonder how Bush dealt with the horrible lashing out of "we the people". Poor guy.

Shrub was too dumb to get it, let alone deal with it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I can't argue with you on that one.

The point is that if you decide to get in the lime light, don't be surprised that you are in the lime light.

Everyone gets there licks-no matter the color, race or creed.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I love that people can complain about her playing the victim while others in the thread are ripping in her looks.

Plenty of wealthy powerful people get their looks picked on, and it would be ridiculous for them to play the victim card.

Half of this thread is people debating what's in her dress in a Photosopped picture - and you're #ing telling me she can't play the victim card because she's rich?

I think the rules nowadays clearly state that you can't if your name is Trump, so I fail to see why someone with the name Obama should be exempt from those rules.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Oh, so now perceived IQ is the threshold for when we can pick on someone? Does that mean we can pick in the mentally challenged again? I thought the PC police told us that was out of bounds.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh, so now perceived IQ is the threshold for when we can pick on someone? Does that mean we can pick in the mentally challenged again? I thought the PC police told us that was out of bounds.

You have a good point there for sure. Where POTUS is concerned, yes, a perceived lack of IQ is absolutely grounds for insults, mockery, etc. Now if someone can prove to me that Shrub does in fact possess an extra chromosome or three and technically belongs in that PC-sensitive category, I will cease and desist from making fun of him.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I can't argue with you on that one.

The point is that if you decide to get in the lime light, don't be surprised that you are in the lime light.

Everyone gets there licks-no matter the color, race or creed.

Yes, I would certainly agree with that.
It's true that a lot of legitimate criticism leveled at Obama was wrongly labeled as racist.
It's also true that a lot of criticism aimed at the Obamas was legitimately racist.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I look forward to you appearing on an anti trump thread and calling out everyone calling him orange, a cheeto, fat, making fun of his wig, etc. and explaining how Trump has every right to play the victim card.

Oh look! There are people on this very thread calling Trump cheeto!

Perhaps you would like to lecture them and tell us how much of a victim Trump is right now.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If that's the case, then why aren't we allowed to mock Michelle? I think she's dumb.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If that's the case, then why aren't we allowed to mock Michelle? I think she's dumb.

I wasn't aware we aren't allowed to mock her.
If you think she's dumb, by all means make fun of her.
I think most folks would agree that racist mockery is a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
so lets see, her "detractors" called her and her husband, gorillas, a communist muslim, michelle a man, michelle a tranny, had posters depicting obama hanging from a noose etc etc so yes i would say she has a point about the racism spewed at her husband and herself.

perhaps she should just turn the other way and act mature when her "detractors" talk bad about her like donald trump does when people bad mouth him. oh wait donald trump does not turn the other cheek he lashes out in a much more immature fashion yet most of the posters in this thread defend him for it. *eyeroll*

link   

It's only ok to pick on the mentally challenged when they hold public office.

link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

Oh, so if I mock her based on my perception of her IQ, I am being racist. But when you are mocking Bush based on your perception of his IQ, you are not being racist.

Is Michelle's IQ black? I was not aware that IQs had ethnicity to be biased against. I thought they were straight up numbers.
edit on 27-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
so lets see, her "detractors" called her and her husband, gorillas, a communist muslim, michelle a man, michelle a tranny, had posters depicting obama hanging from a noose etc etc so yes i would say she has a point about the racism spewed at her husband and herself.

perhaps she should just turn the other way and act mature when her "detractors" talk bad about her like donald trump does when people bad mouth him. oh wait donald trump does not turn the other cheek he lashes out in a much more immature fashion yet most of the posters in this thread defend him for it. *eyeroll*

Yeah and some of us including me have called out Trump for whining about people making fun of him.

Dumb when he does it, dumb when Michelle does.

Again, these are some of the most powerful privledged people the world has ever seen. Anyonw in the spotlight is going to have trolls attack them.

To try to claim the victim card is totally ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Oh, so if I mock her based on my perception of her IQ, I am being racist. But when you are mocking Bush based on your perception of his IQ, you are not being racist.

Is Michelle's IQ black? I was not aware that IQs had ethnicity to be biased against. I thought they were straight up numbers.

i think it would be safe to assume that michelle obama has reached a higher level of education, stature and class than you so no need to trash her IQ as i would be willing to bet she has a higher IQ than you or i for that matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Easy, easy. That's not what I'm saying at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. If you want to make fun of her IQ, go right ahead. It's not rascist.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

to your credit you are one of the few trump supporters that does not seem to be wearing horse blinders.

as far as michelle is concerned i don't see anything wrong with her pointing out the racism thrown at her and her husband over the years, she and her husband are successful and wealthy there is no need for them to throw around any race or victim cards. the fact that people are getting upset that she is pointing those things out in a dignified manner as opposed to going off on a tangent on twiiter just cracks me up.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

i think it would be safe to assume that michelle obama has reached a higher level of education, stature and class than you so no need to trash her IQ as i would be willing to bet she has a higher IQ than you or i for that matter.

Are you sure about that?

Are you absolutely positive?

The internet is a great vehicle of anonymity. You don't know whom you might be dealing or what their actual intellect might be. Achievement in terms of wealth and power is not much of a guarantee or indicator of strict IQ these days. Isn't that the argument you all are so busy making about Bush ... and now Trump? Clearly, many of you perceive yourselves to be their intellectual equals if not superiors.

But somehow, I cannot be the mental equal or even superior of Michelle Obama just because she become First Lady?

Why?
edit on 27-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join