It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama says some never saw past 'my skin color'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
*I am not a fan of Michelle O*
Michelle Obama is back in the news and it is similar to the race baiting and hand wringing that she was very good at during her time as a first lady.
Ok, she had detractors, and a very very small minority of them said mean things. She says she is still bleeding every day from meanies?
When I was growing up my dad gave me some great advice when someone was giving me a hard time. "Is what they're saying true? If not don't sweat the petty sh*t." (Advice from a Navy man and police officer)

It was Obama's largest public appearance since the 2016 election - speaking in front of more than 8,000 people at the Women's Foundation of Colorado's 30th anniversary celebration - and she touched on personal attacks that she faced again and again. Many had the same theme.

"The shards that cut me the deepest were the ones that intended to cut," Obama said, according to the Denver Post. "Knowing that after eight years of working really hard for this country, there are still people who won't see me for what I am because of my skin color."

She added that she wouldn't pretend the attacks didn't hurt, because that would give those inflicting the pain a free pass, according to the Post.

"We are living with small tiny cuts, and we are bleeding every single day. And we're still getting up," she said.
www.sfgate.com...

I pity people who need to have a motivational mantra and collaborative reinforcement everyday. She is an adult for crying out loud, and is married to the a former president and is very wealthy by anyone's standards.

Despite Tuesday's detour into dark territory, many of Obama's comments went high.

She told the audience that she is "a strong woman because of other strong woman," according to statement on WFCO's website. "You don't mother alone, you don't grandparent alone, you don't struggle alone. You find your community."

And she stressed the need to be an uplifting force in girls' lives - and to shower them with positive messages.

edit on 27-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
An Afro-America woman playing the victim card, whatever next?

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Michelle, just like her husband, are not liked because of what they say and do, not because of the color of their skin. But I will say, I believe they have all but guranteed that there will never be another Black family in the Whitehouse ever again. They claim racism, yet spew it every chance they get. Another reason they are disliked.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It sounds like Obama doesn't want people to see past her skin color.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh my lord...I really hope someone gets her 100s of little bandaids for all those hateful little shard induced cuts.

Poor lady

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yea. It is a true statement. Not everyone can see past her skin color. Just like not everyone can see past trump's skin color. Or mine, or yours.

Some people are assholes. You shouldn't take everyone's opinion personally. True story.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

What is sad is she had the world stage to show what a great person with great ideas she had- the problem is is that she is not a great person and has terrible ideas.

Nothing to do with the pigment of her skin, it is what is between her ears.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Awww, its just her imagination, there no race issues up in tha "White" house.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for this poor victimized woman worth millions, who lives in luxury.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I judge based on the content of her character.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Obama said there is no white America, there is no black America, there is the united states of America. Yet the 2010 census had race questions on it on his watch. What a hypocrite.

(post by Illumimasontruth removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yea. It is a true statement. Not everyone can see past her skin color. Just like not everyone can see past trump's skin color. Or mine, or yours.

Some people are assholes. You shouldn't take everyone's opinion personally. True story.

In ways it is personal, when their actions and decisions effect the rest of us. They have brought this country to its knees in terms of race relations, and it actually hurts Black folks the worse in ways. All of the fake hate crimes and hoax's are clear as day to the point that they will never really be believed if a genuine one actually happens.

Their presidency has effected college campuses, Police departments, the Military, every facet of life. So yea it is kind of personal.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

Awwww was it the tranny thing Mrs O?

My deepest sympathies you poor...thing.

Yeah I guess a career in the military is no longer on the cards

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

More separatist propaganda from the Obamas... no surprise there. Globalist sellout scum.

Michelle Obama bragging about how her children & family only eat organic foods, meanwhile her hubby appointed all these Monsanto executives to his administration and the FDA. I'm so sick of the Obamas & their crap

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Most people never saw past her Geneva Convention breaking school lunch menu....

(post by Skywatcher2011 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sticks & stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.....obviously not in Mrs. Obama's case. Then again you got the secret service ensuring there's no sticks & stones being hurled at Mrs. Obama, but yet she feels hurt..... That nerve in my neck is starting to tense up again.....She has "triggered" me into a fit of laughter, because of her asinine comments.......and that tranny meme was funny as all hell.
edit on 27-7-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
SNIP

A handsome woman, indeed.
edit on 7/27/2017 by Blaine91555 because: removed hate quote

(post by Skywatcher2011 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join