It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters brought a photo of Donald Trumpf mocking Serge Kovaleski

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
She says Trump was mocking a disabled man. Disabled how? A man has 3 billion nuclear DNA letters. A change in any one of them can produce drastic effects. Take Prader Willi syndrome and progeria, for example, it's only 1 letter change and boom, a dramatic result is produced by a protein change. This man, Serge Kovaleski, is not disabled in my books. Microcephaly, you can argue that is a disabling syndrome, cannot talk, cannot feed oneself, cannot walk, cannot work, cannot dress. This guy has one bad arm, does not qualify as disabled in my books. He can talk, he can walk, he can work, he can feed himself, he can dress. What Maxine Waters did is totally inappropriate in my books, and what she did totally demeans people who have real disability.

No one is perfect. Everyone has some sort of problem. I wouldn't even consider Down syndrome people as disabled. They can talk. They can walk. They can work. They can feed themselves. They can dress themselves. America is not a nation of disabled people, or even a nation where the majority of the population is disabled.

Trump has smaller forehead than the average man. Is he disabled? If everyone who has some sort of physical trait that is below average thinks he or she is disabled, might as well say every American is disabled.

Waters spoke next to the enlarged photo as she commemorated the 27th anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act a day earlier. "It is a day to reflect on how people with disabilities are treated in our society," Waters began.

"Our president indicated to us what he thinks about people with disabilities long before he was elected, when he mocked a disabled reporter. Mocking the disabled is rude and insensitive and it sends a terrible message to our children." Waters originally planned to speak next to a photo of Trump mocking the disabled reporter that appeared to have a caption. But the House presiding officer instructed Waters to use a different poster, which was an otherwise identical photo without any caption. “Would you tell us why?" Waters inquired.

"It’s the determination of the chair that it’s a breach of the decorum of the House," the presiding officer replied.

rump has denied that he was mocking the disabled reporter, Serge Kovaleski of the New York Times. "I was never mocking anyone," Trump told the New York Times in January. "I was calling into question a reporter who had gotten nervous because he had changed his story."

thehill.com...
edit on 27-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Gotta admit when it comes to entertainment that woman is the queen with James Browns hair!!..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

This has to be a new low for ATS. Pretty sure nobody gives a # about your "book".

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Dude I am loving it. You are just the smartest dumb person ever. But you do always make my day after working long hours. Keep up the high thread count please. I need more of your knowledge in my life. a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
As much as I despise Trump I don't think he was knowingly making fun of a dude with disabilities.

If you have watched a lot of his speeches you will see that this is just the standard Trump talk for a person he deems to be a idiot or confused.

Now I think he could have handled the situation better but when we keep rolling this out as being something its not we are only giving them ammunition to shout about everything being fake news.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
She says Trump was mocking a disabled man. Disabled how? A man has 3 billion nuclear DNA letters. A change in any one of them can produce drastic effects. Take Prader Willi syndrome and progeria, for example, it's only 1 letter change and boom, a dramatic result is produced by a protein change. This man, Serge Kovaleski, is not disabled in my books. Microcephaly, you can argue that is a disabling syndrome, cannot talk, cannot feed oneself, cannot walk, cannot work, cannot dress. This guy has one bad arm, does not qualify as disabled in my books. He can talk, he can walk, he can work, he can feed himself, he can dress. What Maxine Waters did is totally inappropriate in my books, and what she did totally demeans people who have real disability.

Waters spoke next to the enlarged photo as she commemorated the 27th anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act a day earlier. "It is a day to reflect on how people with disabilities are treated in our society," Waters began.

"Our president indicated to us what he thinks about people with disabilities long before he was elected, when he mocked a disabled reporter. Mocking the disabled is rude and insensitive and it sends a terrible message to our children." Waters originally planned to speak next to a photo of Trump mocking the disabled reporter that appeared to have a caption. But the House presiding officer instructed Waters to use a different poster, which was an otherwise identical photo without any caption. “Would you tell us why?" Waters inquired.

"It’s the determination of the chair that it’s a breach of the decorum of the House," the presiding officer replied.

rump has denied that he was mocking the disabled reporter, Serge Kovaleski of the New York Times. "I was never mocking anyone," Trump told the New York Times in January. "I was calling into question a reporter who had gotten nervous because he had changed his story."

thehill.com...

Thank you for demonstrating that you have not the slightest idea what it means to be disabled, to have a condition that makes you stand out as physically different from the rest of the world. Can I ask you a question: Why are you so desperate to absolve Trump of mocking a disabled man?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Gotta admit when it comes to entertainment that woman is the queen with James Browns hair!!..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's the same old fake narrative that has been used since the moment it happened. How embarrassing.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Stand out from what? From the average? Trump has smaller forehead than average. He can also claim to be disabled because of that. Heck, everyone can claim to be disabled in one way or another.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Stand out from what? From the average? Trump has smaller forehead than average. He can also claim to be disabled because of that. Heck, everyone can claim to be disabled in one way or another.

No, just no.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I would maintain your 'book' is a comic book. Are fat fingers a disability? Or did you purposely miss-spell ?

Just what IS your definition of Disabled ? Someone with a blue placard at Walmart or The local golf course ? Do tell...
You can buy 'STARS' at Staples you know.

5,744 since March, four months, .... now that's pretty ambitious, and to be applauded..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I mean i guess you can claim it. But when you claim it to uncle sam you prob should actually be disabled. And to be honest I personally think that you are disabled. And not of a physical manner. Also i love your threads for the simple fact that they make me laugh. But please stfu. a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

What about white people who cannot tan? They can claim that as a disability. What about people who have short sighted eyes? They can claim that as a disability. No one is perfect. You live with what you are born with. That doesn't mean you get to be a disabled person.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is something that we never need to forget. It personifies who this hateful old selfish man really is, and how he will say or do anything to get his way.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ummm no you are wrong. Do you know the process of claiming this is in America. Because it would seem that you don't. You can't just go the s.s.o. and claim that for whatever reason. They would prob laugh and prob call the police for fraud. Please please please do your research. a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Heck, everyone can claim to be disabled in one way or another.

No they can't.

What Is your criteria, anyway?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

How about blue eyed people whose eyes are sensitive to the sun? How about people who have baldness? How about people who are autistic? How about people who have a sloping forehead? If they all claim to have disability, heck, just about everyone in America is disabled.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Whoa slow down. You used a big word. a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
One of those possibly two can be used to claim it. The others would get you ridiculed and kicked out of the office for wasting there time. Like I said before do a little research(no youtube) at a .gov website and then get back to me.a reply to: allsee4eye

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My criteria for disabled is what the word says. Cannot talk. Cannot walk. Cannot work. Cannot learn. Cannot feed oneself. Cannot dress oneself. An example of that is microcephaly. I seen one last week.

Donald Trump's skin and Serge Kovaleski's arm are not enough to be considered disabled people.
edit on 27-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join