It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft-Dodger tells Trans Soldiers they can no longer serve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Lol just what I was talking about. It's an easy group to target because people like you feel uneasy and are filled with misconceptions about them. I guess you skipped over the part about the Sergeant Major. She went through with her sex change while in the military, still performed her duties and got medals. She's trying to convince stupid people like you that they can serve in the military. By the way there are 1000s of transgender people in the military, the actual number that got reassignment surgery is between 60-120

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Thanks for the unwarranted ad hominem attack. All you've done is proven that my viewpoint is indeed valid since you cannot rebut it without insults.

BTW if you want to start comparing jobs we can have a vote here on who's more of a "loser."

I defend 400 square miles of one of the most environmentally sensitive areas of the planet from the humans that dwell upon it and the chemical corporations that care not one bit for it or what they dump on it.

What do you do? Comic book store, I'm guessing. Maybe barista?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

how long were you on active duty?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Its not about being transgender. It's about not wanting the military to be taken for a ride by people who want free trans operations. FFS.
Gay people are still allowed.
I don't even know why they paid for this operation in the first time. Someone who goes through this is not mentally stable and has months, even years ahead of not being fit enough to fight [mostly mentally].
The male to female also have to use a dildo every day to keep their holes wide enough. Where would they do this and when?

It has nothing to do with hatred or discrimination, it is a wise decision that was silly in the first place.
Not everyone can do every job in the world. So what trans people can't join the army, welcome to what women feel when they can't be models because they are too small or people with low IQs can't become astronauts. Boohoo, there are other jobs.

I wonder how many would want to join without the free sex change op? I guess not too many.

This is one of the most sensible comments on this subject I seen posted on this site. I have to ask this question, wide enough for what?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior
Saying you won the argument is not how arguments are won. Had to call you loser. You want to ban a whole group of hard working people from doing their jobs and their careers because you couldn't get their job. I'm sorry but someone making you feel uncomfortable isn't grounds for termination. Are they doing their jobs?are they serving with honour and distinction? Then why should anything else matter?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I was pretty shocked when I woke this morning and saw this.

Your right OP its a slap in a face to all those transgender individuals who have served to say they can no longer serve.

As usual the Trump supporters will see nothing wrong in this, but then again Trump could issue a full pardon to Bill Cosby and his supporters would see nothing wrong with that either.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I didn't say I won. I said the viewpoint was valid because you can't argue without personal attacks. Learn to read, or is that too hard for a dropout such as yourself? See how that works?

First off, I didn't say I wanted to ban a whole group of hardworking people from doing their jobs in the first place. I merely said it was very telling that a very slight case of psoriasis (at that time I could have fit every spot on my body into the area of a half-dollar) is enough to disqualify an individual from service while thinking your chromosomes are wrong enough to have a doctor hack things off and go through a lifetime pharmaceutical regimen is ok.

Everything else is your projection, not mine. Personally I'm not an officer so I do not know what the solution is but I'm not a fan of retroactive regulations in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: netwarrior
So you're mad because you couldn't get into the military but transgender people can and so you're answer is to ban them all. Despite the fact that they're fulfilling their duties with distinction. Lmfao you're such a loser!!!

And here we have it!

You are such a kind hearted person who only wants those that want to serve to be able to, and thinks that anyone preventing that is horrible.

Yet at first chance, you mock someone who had a disability that wanted to serve but was not able to because of that disability.

Way to reveal your true character.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Where did I mock him for his disabilities? Go ahead I'll wait...lol
I called him a loser for wanting transgender people to not serve out of spite. If that's too harsh well god damn PC has gotten next level.
edit on 27-7-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
They have been denying people to serve over psychological issues for a very long time already. What makes the transgender community better than everyone else that were denied for the same reasons?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Serious question.

Whats his justification for this?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Yeah because Bill Clinton was president 20 years ago and is somehow still relevant when talking about the current president and what he said, right?

You'd think with how much Trump supporters don't like the Clinton's that they'd stop bringing up how much they and Trump are alike as if the Clinton's doing it somehow means it's ok for Trump to do it.

It's almost like there's a double standard there. They'll complain about the Clinton's doing something then when Trump does it they point to the Clinton's as if that makes it alright that Trump did it as well. Crazy how that works.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
Where did I mock him for his disabilities? Go ahead I'll wait...lol
I called him a loser for wanting transgender people to not serve out of spite. If that's too harsh well god damn PC has gotten next level.

Where did I say you mocked him FOR his disability?

You called him a loser for not being able to get a job these trans have.

You could have said "I am sorry you couldn't serve, but why force that on the trans community"

But no, you went for name calling.

It has nothing to do with PC.

It has to do with you trying to portray yourself as someone who just wants those able to serve to be able to do so, and then mocking a person that suffered from the very thing you are criticizing.

You are a hypocritical jerk.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"Draft dodger" is now commander in chief, for better or for worse. I get the feeling that it was those with whom he consulted that want this more than Trump, so implying that he shouldn't be approving said decision because he is a draft dodger or might not understand the military enough is irrelevant.

Your comparisons to other laws, though, don't hold up, regardless of one's agreement with Trump's (et al.) decision. The military is not the playground for politically correct civil rights experiments. Waaaay more issues with one's body that are out of one's control can prohibit military service, and since gender dysphoria is still cited as a mental disorder, on that ground alone, I agree that it's better to err on the side of caution overall instead of having to deal with even more suicides and chapter 5-13s in the military than there already are.

That's my angle...so be it if you or others differ in opinion. I'm certainly, though, not implying that some transgender people wouldn't or don't make exceptional Service Members, but I am saying that there's a logical approach to the issue that does support the decision, regardless of the social aspect of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
No I didn't, also just explained because of spite and whatnot. But w/e let hypocrisy rain from the heavens!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

...mocking a person that Suffered from the very thing you are criticizing...

This is incorrect. Trump used his medical deferment to actively avoid the draft/serving. To say he suffered by not serving is not an accurate assertion.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Grambler

...mocking a person that Suffered from the very thing you are criticizing...

This is incorrect. Trump used his medical deferment to actively avoid the draft/serving. To say he suffered by not serving is not an accurate assertion.

I was talking about Goku calling netwarrior (who claimed he couldn't serve because he had a medical issue, psoriasis) a loser.

I was not referencing Trump in any way.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is a shame that Barack Obama didn't have the guts to change the rule on his watch.
It could have happened the day he was inaugurated in 2009.
Why didn't he do it?
Which branch of the service Obama serve in? I can't remember.

edit on b000000312017-07-27T11:44:16-05:0011America/ChicagoThu, 27 Jul 2017 11:44:16 -05001100000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ah, my mistake.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You forgot to mention the President is the Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join