It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how i stopped commercial cigaretets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
i have been addicted to commercial cigarettes for exactly 10 years now(almost to the day). commercial cigarettes are manipulated in ways i do not even know but they are not normal natural tobacco which is a real medicine. the cigarettes today are altered to make you addicted so you will not be able to stop even after having just 1, especially smoking all 20 that come in your first pack.

well i some how decided to try pipe tobacco and got one of my old grandpas briar pipes and bought some pipe tobacco. it was a vanilla flavored blend. i started smoking it for and made it a few hours without a cigarette. i thought, wow that is awesome i havnt gone without a cigarette in that long in 10 years. so i kept smoking the stuff and soon realized i was not experiencing the ill effects i was when i was smoking commercial cigarettes such as mental confusion.

i realized this pipe tobacco is natural without the 599 added chemicals they add to cigarttes. i have been smoking pipe tobacco now for 2 weeks without any cigarettes, i did fall off the wagon for a few hours but threw the pack away then got back on the pipe tobacco wagon. i can honestly say pipe tobacco is no where near addictive as cigarettes i dont need one when i wake up or every 1/2 hour. so my advice is if you are trapped and a slave to cigarettes, give pipe tobacco a try it is way better. you can smoke pipe tobacco for a few weeks as much as you want then you will realize you are no longer addicted and you can actually stop smoking now if you want.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Good job!

I'm not a smoker, but I had a bleeding ulcer in H.S. The chemicals in a camel red made the pain go away. Someone in school with me knew more than I did about this and convinced me to try it. It worked until I made it to the doc.

I'm told the chemicals are even worse now. You've done yourself a great service.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lizardghost

Is your plan to quit entirely?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They say not to inhale the pipe aromatics, as its unhealthy... I cant imagine them being any more than cigarette tobacco though!

I love my pipes but I havnt smoked in a month or so.

This stuff it fairly wet, but the note smell pre and post smoke is amazing!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

i can honestly say pipe tobacco is no where near addictive as cigarettes i dont need one when i wake up or every 1/2 hour. so my advice is if you are trapped and a slave to cigarettes, give pipe tobacco a try it is way better. you can smoke pipe tobacco for a few weeks as much as you want then you will realize you are no longer addicted and you can actually stop smoking now if you want.

But you didn't say I quit smoking tobacco, period. Just switching to another form of nicotine isn't 'quitting'.

Let me know when you really try and find out how insidious nicotine addiction really is...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i inhale but not every puff, maybe every 3 or 4th puff. tobacco is tobacco, just cigarettes have a filter which is suppose to be healthier. i dont mind inhaling pipe tobacco its nice and i know there not the 599 listed additives that the cigarttes have. soon i may only not inhale or just a little. i noticed this morning my usual wake up need for nicotine was immediatly relieved by just the smoke touching my inner cheeks so i guess its not needed to inhale. but if you are a cigaretet cmoker then probably inhale for awhile couple weeks then gradually stop inhaling and smoke less then you wont be addicted to it anymore.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i didnt say how i quit tobacco. i said how i quit comercial cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I have rolled cigs with pipe tobacco and they are okay, and dirt cheap compared to the class A or whatever stuff that gambler makes. I like those American Spirit cigs but at 7 dollars a pack they are more of a treat. But I agree, there is something in regular cigs that keeps you coming back for more. I have e-cigs also but they just aren't the same. Maybe it is a mental thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hit reply in the upper right corner of each post so we know who you are responding to.

Is the plan to quit? What about cigars or e-cigs?

I have heard that e-cigs are safer.

The reason I ask about stopping entirely is because of personal losses from these products.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

ive never tried e-cigs. it seems complicated to me. i might like cigars and i might try cigars someday. i just found a new best friend and im happy. sometimes in life you make friends that bad friends, and some are good friends. i now love my pipe tobacco and briar pipes they are good friends now.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

I have rolled cigs with pipe tobacco and they are okay, and dirt cheap compared to the class A or whatever stuff that gambler makes. I like those American Spirit cigs but at 7 dollars a pack they are more of a treat. But I agree, there is something in regular cigs that keeps you coming back for more. I have e-cigs also but they just aren't the same. Maybe it is a mental thing.

With e-cigs you really need to just get an actual vaporizer, it's a big initial investment and you have to make sure you stay on it for a few days but then it becomes second nature, I haven't had a cigarette at all in 6 months now and switched straight to a vaporizer and now am weened to the lowest nicotine content they make.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I tried a cigarette once.
I have no clue how anybody ever takes the second puff.
Nasty

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Hello

I have smoked tobacco for about 20 years. Or since i was fifteen. Commercial cigarettes first as packs, then rolled my own, and now smoking pipe. In pipe tobacco, the cut is rougher, i use cigarette tobacco, it's way cheaper here. I might smoke one or two handrolled cigarettes a day but mostly pipe. The pipe is a cheap thing bought online, but planning to buy briar pipe some day. There is something very calming in pipe smoking, to me it is almost like a small ritual of some kind. But i advice everyone to stay away from tobacco products for health and money reasons. I am just so addicted that i can't resist the craving for nicotine. And i tell you this, i have quit a lot of nasty stuff during the last decade (00-09) but this is something too much. Nicotine addiction, i mean.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

E-cigs are an unregulated nightmare, from memory I think their was only one in the UK that is licenced by the MHRA - that was the state of play a couple of years ago at least.
There is no real control over the ingredients, there are at least 30 chemicals added. Studies on health are mostly based on the composition of the liquid - not what happens to it when heated. And anybody can make and sell them.
Would personally sooner start smoking cigarettes again after 8 years than touch one of those contraptions.

I do miss the smell of my old tobacco shop though

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chromium51

With e-cigs you really need to just get an actual vaporizer, it's a big initial investment and you have to make sure you stay on it for a few days but then it becomes second nature, I haven't had a cigarette at all in 6 months now and switched straight to a vaporizer and now am weened to the lowest nicotine content they make.

You got a link to what kind of vaporizer your talking about? I just have one of those cheap ego twist types, that use the coils. Atomizer or whatever it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Be careful...sometimes vanilla flavoring is derived from a scent gland in a beaver's butt.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Please be very careful is you decide to switch to the ecig. A couple years back I was working is a office for a electric company and the dude in the office next to me was vaping. Next thing I know he was rushed to the e.r. For an alarming raise of heartrate. He unknowingly was introducing way more nicotine into his body than smoking cigs. At the time I was vaping too at his advice and had actually stopped cigs for a few months. Needless to say I smoke cigs again and threw my vape away. Just something to keep in mind. Tomorrow I am going to get a pipe and some nice tobacco and give this a try.a reply to: seasonal

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chromium51

You got a link to what kind of vaporizer your talking about? I just have one of those cheap ego twist types, that use the coils. Atomizer or whatever it is.

m.gearbest.com...
This is the one I use, different tank set up but well worth the initial investment.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am a proud converted vaper for the last 7 months. Smoked for at least 20 years and have never felt better! I've gone through 6 or so different types of vaporiser, but now I'd not go back. There is tobacco in my house as my wife has taken it up again and I've no interest. I never thought it'd be possible!

Lizardghost I think I understand some of your feeling of achievement, so good on you 😊

There are electric pipes available that look pretty good.

I'm sure vaping isn't without risk but it is a lot better than smoking. All reputable tests of e-cigs show vaping is better than smoking so for me I'm happy(including one that tested what happens to the liquid at different stages of heat)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Chromium51

I've got that one 😊 works well...

This was the one that got me believing I didn't need to smoke...
m.gearbest.com...

The coils and juice can become expensive so I now make my own juice (is actually really easy and safe) and use rebuild-able coils

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join