It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump hate Sessions???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: projectvxn

He's a New York old school liberal,

I think this is a myth. Yes, there was a time when Trump was kissing up to the Clintons and yes there was a time when Trump played along with certain programs of the ''liberal agenda''. However this never made him a liberal. From my viewing, Trump was never really political at all. All he was interested in was making connections in the circles of power, in New York, in DC, in Moscow etc. Trump was and is a schmoozer. Any monies he might have kicked loose of in support of this or that program was only done if he saw a large payback in connections and favors he thought he would receive.

Sounds like an "anti-establishment," candidate to me!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I"m wondering if Sessions might be the turning point everyone has been waiting for. That crucial issue that will finally make Trump crack and resign or just go bonkers and start drooling into the microphone.
The hard core bible belters in the Republican Party seem to be ramping up their support of Sessions and calling for Trump to back down on the Sessions bashing.

So what if this were to become a do or die issue as far as Republican Party support for Trump. What if an ultimatium was handed to him, back off on Sessions or loose any and all support you are getting from the Party. Trump might resign leaving Sessions, the bible thumper as AG for who"? Pence, the bible thumper and away we go with the fundies in the power seat.

I saw a clip of Ryan last night when he was asked about the Sessions kerfuffle. What he said could be construed as support for Trump in the position of president and that what he wanted must be respected. But I heard it differently.
What I heard him intimating was very simple. Without coming out directly and saying it, he sounded very much to me as what he was saying was'' just give him enough rope and he, ''Trump'' will hang himself.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I can see that. Anti establishment to me means those in favor of draining the swamp. If we take the swamp to mean the political hacks in Washington then yes, Trump at least in theory if not in practice would be anti establishment. But to me, anti establishment goes further then just politics.

Yes. Washington is corrupt. So yes, anti government corruption. However, our entire economic structure is corrupt. Capitalism which has been a driving force in the advancement of aspects of human development has been completely corrupted by crony capitalism, predator capitalism and other forms that do little to nothing to promote the general welfare of the nation and only seeks to line the pockets of those in charge of the system.

Trump is a predator capitalist and in this sense I do not see him as anti establishment at all. He is in this regard, the personification of the sickness that is the establishment.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hey now, no need to throw the Keebler elves into the mix. Those little guys work night and day for a tasty treat that we as humans enjoy. And I swear on Santas life if you bring the Smurfs into this we will have a major problem that can only be solved by playing NBA jam.a reply to: TheTory

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: 200Plus
Or I could be that there are a ^#$% ton of politicians in Washington that need to be investigated.

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Sessions - But they have been my friends for 40 years.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:
Whose brother worked for the Clinton foundation during the supposed investigation?
Whose family member received over $600,000 during the above investigation?
Who is overseeing the case involving Wasserman-Shultz and her dirty IT crew?

Sessions turns a blind eye to the corruption in Washington and focuses on marijuana and asset forfeiture (lower class crimes). Allowing the same sewer to swirl as always.

Simply put - you can't clean the floor if you have ^#%$ on your hands.

Someone willing to go after the top people in Washington (lobbyists/bankers/politicians) needs to be installed.

I think this is the correct answer. Trump isn't your standard politician, he doesn't seem to be stuck with the intransigence of government. If something doesn't work, try something else.

I think the reason for this mindset is that he isn't bothered about making long term political relationships, he will do the presidency and then be gone.

No need to owe nor be owed.

Except for all the money that he does owe...

*sigh*

If you are going to make snarky comments, make them relevant.
sigh

*bows cheekily*

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He wants sessions out so he can put in someone who will fire Archibald Cox .oh I mean Robert Mueller...
Sorry it's so like Watergate I got lost in a time loop for a second. Lol

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This sad old man is clueless about the law, the functions of the different cabinets, and how to run the government.
He's clinging to the idea that the AG is supposed to be HIS lawyer and protector, even though this has been explained to him. Anybody who is put in that position will find themselves in the same boat as Sessions.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He's the only one advancing trumps policies. That's not it at all.
Trump wants him out so he can put in someone who will fire Mueller. That's all he's doing. He wants a lapdog AG he thought Sessions would be. But Sessions had to recuse himself because he was part of the campaign and apparently had his own policy meetings with Russia.
So he did the right thing. And now he has to stAy out of the whole Russia investigation which means he can't fire Mueller even if he desired to do that for trump.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Or I could be that there are a ^#$% ton of politicians in Washington that need to be investigated.

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Sessions - But they have been my friends for 40 years.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:
Whose brother worked for the Clinton foundation during the supposed investigation?
Whose family member received over $600,000 during the above investigation?
Who is overseeing the case involving Wasserman-Shultz and her dirty IT crew?

Sessions turns a blind eye to the corruption in Washington and focuses on marijuana and asset forfeiture (lower class crimes). Allowing the same sewer to swirl as always.

Simply put - you can't clean the floor if you have ^#%$ on your hands.

Someone willing to go after the top people in Washington (lobbyists/bankers/politicians) needs to be installed.

I think this is the correct answer. Trump isn't your standard politician, he doesn't seem to be stuck with the intransigence of government. If something doesn't work, try something else.

I think the reason for this mindset is that he isn't bothered about making long term political relationships, he will do the presidency and then be gone.

No need to owe nor be owed.

Except for all the money that he does owe...

*sigh*

If you are going to make snarky comments, make them relevant.
sigh

*bows cheekily*

I think a valuable lesson has been learned here today.

You may proceed.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It's simple. OP should try paying attention every once in awhile.

1) Sessions' recusal from the Russian investigation.

2) Sessions' apparent refusal to dig into the Clinton and DNC corruption, probably afraid of ending up suicided.

3) Sessions' stupid obsession with going after marijuana.

4) Sessions' anti-constitutional comments on civil forfeiture. Guy is a dinosaur and Trump also knows this would alienate not only parts of his base but more Americans at large.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There are some things to consider:

1.) It wasn't all that long ago that everyone was just sure that Bannon's days were numbered too. Look how well that news turned out.

2.) While everyone has been slobbering over Russia and wondering when Sessions was going to get the axe, he's been implementing the White House agenda on illegal immigration quite efficiently while no one has been paying attention, most especially the press who would otherwise scream bloody murder about it.

3.) Sessions did make one seeming blunder in recusing himself from the Russia investigation opening the door to the Obama sycophants serving directly beneath.

4.) Sessions was one of the first GOP to throw his lot in with Trump.

I don't pretend to know what will happen here, but I won't put Sessions' scalp on the wall until it's definitely nailed there.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Trump has been openly vocal about his regrets at appointing Jeff Sessions.. but why??

He has been a loyal soldier....

He was the first elected official to back him..

Going after Sessions is obviously a bad idea..at least to the casual observer.. Sessions has been loyal.. turning on him just shows everyone else that trump will drop you like a hat, even if you have been loyal.

Trump is a billionaire. His whole life has been one where he tells people what to do, and they either do it, or get fired.

He doesn't know any other way. Don't bring your own mind to the table, just your ears and arms and legs. Listen with your ears to the commander's commands, then use your arms and legs to go do them.

Sessions shows he had an independent mind and will, and that just won't do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join