It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump hate Sessions???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Trump has been openly vocal about his regrets at appointing Jeff Sessions.. but why??

He has been a loyal soldier....

He was the first elected official to back him..

Going after Sessions is obviously a bad idea..at least to the casual observer.. Sessions has been loyal.. turning on him just shows everyone else that trump will drop you like a hat, even if you have been loyal.

Which is why I think the GOP establishment that has always been leery of trump, are threatening a revolt.

So what benefit does the move give trump??

I figure it could be ..

A) Sessions pot agenda and civil asset forfeiture revival is pissing off people , including trump.. This I actually consider the least likely.. Trump is his boss. He could just tell him to drop it.. plus trump was never a pot smoker.. so I don't see him being personally invested..

B) He is pissed about Sessions recusing himself and/or not telling him he would recuse himself.. .. which doesn't make a whole lotta sense because the Russian investigation wasn't public until AFTER Sessions was appointed. But trump could just be acting like an @$$..

My personal random guess though is C..

C) Trump has told Sessions to prosecute Hillary and Sessions knows there is no evidence of illegal activity against her..

Sessions knows he will look like a total jack @$$ trying to push an investigation through the courts with no evidence..

Jeff knows that their are not even remotely enough trump loyalists who will lie for him in the court system.. in fact could even be prosecuted himself if it comes out he was setting her up without any evidence..

Maybe trump doesn't care if there is evidence nor if she is found guilty , he just wants the distraction. But Sessions knows he will be the one who is the scapegoat and who's career will be ruined once it falls apart..

A sacrifice Trump is more than willing to make.. I doubt Sessions is very likable anyway lol..

So could Trump want Sessions to sacrifice his career for a presidential distraction, and Jeff won't do it???

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He hates him, because he recused himself from the Russia investigation. Have you not heard trump say it about a million times????

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

No he hates him because he didn't tell him he was going to recuse himself.. before Sessions even knew there was an investigation...

If we are taking trumps word for it..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wrote about this the other day.

What I think is happening is this;

Trump is crapping himself over the Mueller investigation, he wants to sack Sessions then put in one of his other cronies who will be willing to take over the investigation that Sessions has recused himself of. The problem however is that after firing Comey Trump was accused of obstruction of justice (something he may be under investigation for) and if he fired Sessions that will only add fuel to that fire, so what I think he is doing is trying to bully Sessions into quitting.

Even Trumps own rational for his treatment of Sessions makes no sense he says its because Sessions is not investigating Hillary, however Trump said after his election that he would not go after Clinton....
edit on 27-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
He never liked the Keebler elves.

It's likely that Sessions isn't sticking to the game plan.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I actually think it's more ideological than anything to do with Russia or any investigation.

Trump isn't a bible belt conservative. He's a New York old school liberal, and Jeff Sessions is probably butting heads with the admin over policy and pursuit of certain issues.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Or I could be that there are a ^#$% ton of politicians in Washington that need to be investigated.

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Sessions - But they have been my friends for 40 years.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:
Whose brother worked for the Clinton foundation during the supposed investigation?
Whose family member received over $600,000 during the above investigation?
Who is overseeing the case involving Wasserman-Shultz and her dirty IT crew?

Sessions turns a blind eye to the corruption in Washington and focuses on marijuana and asset forfeiture (lower class crimes). Allowing the same sewer to swirl as always.

Simply put - you can't clean the floor if you have ^#%$ on your hands.

Someone willing to go after the top people in Washington (lobbyists/bankers/politicians) needs to be installed.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

If that is the case then why did Trump name him as the AG?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Trump has been openly vocal about his regrets at appointing Jeff Sessions.. but why??

He has been a loyal soldier....

He was the first elected official to back him..

Going after Sessions is obviously a bad idea..at least to the casual observer.. Sessions has been loyal.. turning on him just shows everyone else that trump will drop you like a hat, even if you have been loyal.

Which is why I think the GOP establishment that has always been leery of trump, are threatening a revolt.

So what benefit does the move give trump??

I figure it could be ..

A) Sessions pot agenda and civil asset forfeiture revival is pissing off people , including trump.. This I actually consider the least likely.. Trump is his boss. He could just tell him to drop it.. plus trump was never a pot smoker.. so I don't see him being personally invested..

B) He is pissed about Sessions recusing himself and/or not telling him he would recuse himself.. .. which doesn't make a whole lotta sense because the Russian investigation wasn't public until AFTER Sessions was appointed. But trump could just be acting like an @$$..

C) Trump has told Sessions to prosecute Hillary and Sessions knows there is no evidence of illegal activity against her..

Sessions knows he will look like a total jack @$$ trying to push an investigation through the courts with no evidence..

Jeff knows that their are not even remotely enough trump loyalists who will lie for him in the court system.. in fact could even be prosecuted himself if it comes out he was setting her up without any evidence..

Maybe trump doesn't care if there is evidence nor if she is found guilty , he just wants the distraction. But Sessions knows he will be the one who is the scapegoat and who's career will be ruined once it falls apart..

A sacrifice Trump is more than willing to make.. I doubt Sessions is very likable anyway lol..

So could Trump want Sessions to sacrifice his career for a presidential distraction, and Jeff won't do it???

Pot hater Sessions was a terrible AG pick.

As for there being no evidence about Hillary you are once again telling lies. Comey already said she broke the law. He just made a stupid excuse that nobody would prosecute.

Of course nobody will prosecute her because if they did then they would commit suicide with multiple gunshots to the back of the head.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Same reason Priebus got a job.
Same reason Pence got a position.

Olive branches.

The Republican party is just as much "anti-Trump" as the Democrat party is. As Trump ran on a Repub ticket he had to attempt to solidify a republican base. He made the attempt and it failed (for various reasons). He couldn't nominate better men for the job as by that time they were "sworn enemies" of Trump due to the primary races. Hence Sessions got the nod.

In all honesty I expect Trump to soon take to Twitter to start airing dirty laundry on both parties. Dump enough info and the media will have to talk about it simply because they have become "tweet junkies" over Trump.

When nothing is done about the dirt being exposed, Sessions will look both weak and incompetent. More than enough reason for his replacement (and most Americans will applaud the move).

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: 200Plus

If that is the case then why did Trump name him as the AG?

Because the country was tired of liberal policy for the previous two presidents(bailouts, unfunded wars, gun control, so forth and so on).

The truth is you'll never get anywhere putting guys like Sessions into these positions. I think the President is simply regretting hiring a bible belt conservative as his AG.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Comrade Cheeto wants Sessions out of there so he can put someone in place who will stop the Mueller investigation. He may be hoping to use his powers to nominate someone without senate approval by doing so during the August recess. The senate knows this, of course, & is already talking about procedural tricks to keep it in session.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Or I could be that there are a ^#$% ton of politicians in Washington that need to be investigated.

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:
Whose brother worked for the Clinton foundation during the supposed investigation?

Sessions turns a blind eye to the corruption in Washington and focuses on marijuana and asset forfeiture (lower class crimes). Allowing the same sewer to swirl as always.

Someone willing to go after the top people in Washington (lobbyists/bankers/politicians) needs to be installed.

I think this is the correct answer. Trump isn't your standard politician, he doesn't seem to be stuck with the intransigence of government. If something doesn't work, try something else.

I think the reason for this mindset is that he isn't bothered about making long term political relationships, he will do the presidency and then be gone.

No need to owe nor be owed.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

My guess:

Loyalty.

He was relying on Sessions to protect him and shut down any investigation into him and his campaign / family.

When Sessions recused himself, he saw that as a sign of disloyalty and the entire reason for placing Sessions in the AG position was gone. He wants to replace him with a loyalist who will curb or fire Mueller.

Trump attacks when he feels scared, when he feels betrayed regardless of circumstance, and when he thinks someone is attacking him.

For example, the Trans Military attack is to kill three birds: make the hard Right happy and punish the protesting Left, and remove another Obama era rule.

He doesn't give a fig one way or the other about Trans people in the military, he's just using it as part of his normal chaos creating "style" of leadership.

Fun times.

edit on 27-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:

I think this is the correct answer. Trump isn't your standard politician, he doesn't seem to be stuck with the intransigence of government. If something doesn't work, try something else.

I think the reason for this mindset is that he isn't bothered about making long term political relationships, he will do the presidency and then be gone.

Except for all the money that he does owe...

*sigh*

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No agenda there lol...

I think Trump is tired of the whole Russia thing and wants to move on to get things done, and Sessions' recusal from the Russia investigation was a poke in Trump's eye on day one. Holder worked hand in hand with Obama. If Obama said jump, Holder would say how high...Sessions is Washington old school, so most likely a good try to connect Washington with non-Washington Trump but it has ended up not working out very well. I see some familiarity in McCain saying Senators are equal to the President and I bet Sessions feels the same way in what they are all suggesting is Trump is not a part of the boys club in Washington since he is not a professional politician like all the others in Congress.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

He was relying on Sessions to protect him and shut down any investigation into him and his campaign / family.

Your statement suggests Trump is guilty of something and wants Sessions to make it go away.

When Sessions recused himself, he saw that as a sign of disloyalty and the entire reason for placing Sessions in the AG position was gone.

Why not, What if Holder did something totally against Obama's wishes do you think Obama would just say oh that's OK.

He doesn't give a fig one way or the other about Trans people in the military, he's just using it as part of his normal chaos creating "style" of leadership.

The military discriminates against a very large number of medical, physical and mental conditions. Transgender falls into many of these categories. If a person is over weight, blind in one eye, missing a limb, is diabetic, needs medical testosterone treatments etc etc can't join why should Transgender be able join when they will need a good amount of support like all these others if they do?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Trump - Drain the swamp.
Trump - You're fired!

Recent cases:

Except for all the money that he does owe...

*sigh*

If you are going to make snarky comments, make them relevant.
sigh

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I think Trump is just trying to distance himself before Sessions starts his crack down on cannabis. Today is the last day for Sessions committee on the dangers of cannabis to turn in their recommendation and the final word is supposed to come down sometime next week.

The timetable fits.

edit on 27-7-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He's a New York old school liberal,

I think this is a myth. Yes, there was a time when Trump was kissing up to the Clintons and yes there was a time when Trump played along with certain programs of the ''liberal agenda''. However this never made him a liberal. From my viewing, Trump was never really political at all. All he was interested in was making connections in the circles of power, in New York, in DC, in Moscow etc. Trump was and is a schmoozer. Any monies he might have kicked loose of in support of this or that program was only done if he saw a large payback in connections and favors he thought he would receive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join