It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

not my business

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
"You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt." -Robert Pirsig

Need to get this off my chest.

I am wondering what is so interesting about other people's sex lives that it needs to be part of our political discourse. Needs legislation. I don't understand it and I never have. It's frustrating when you don't understand something.

I work with a person who used to be a man. Is now a woman. In the system at my job he is listed under his male name, but his nametag has his female name on it. Does anyone discuss this? No. Does anyone care? No. Yes. s/he uses the women's restroom. If I didn't have access to our internal system I would not be able to tell that this person was "biologically" male. That is how feminine he looks. It's not like he says "I used to be a man, now I'm a woman and I demand my right to use the women's bathroom." S/he just goes to the bathroom.

Which brings me to the point of this rant. Who cares what you do or who you want to be. Why is it anyone else's business?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have never got this either.

peoples sexuality or gender should not matter, it should just be a non-issue much in the same way as a persons ethnicity is a non-issue.

So long as they are law abiding people who do me no harm then why should I care if John use to be Jane but sleeps with jack?

edit on 27-7-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ilikenotebooks

This is another diversion, and used as a wedge to keep us separated.

If we the people ever get on the same page, each and every problem we continually bitch about would be solved.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It isn't...but the media know that most people are nosey and want to know what others get up to. Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't like surprises. that is why I'm a little iffy...?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Who cares what you do or who you want to be. Why is it anyone else's business?

Good question.
Why do women get upset when I use the ladies room?

They really get angry when I piss in the sinks. Not my fault they don't have enough urinals in there.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ilikenotebooks
I am wondering what is so interesting about other people's sex lives that it needs to be part of our political discourse.

Nothing.

Which brings me to the point of this rant. Who cares what you do or who you want to be. Why is it anyone else's business?

Just keep in mind that one's right end where they infringe on another's. Sometimes LGBT... people demand so much that it starts infringing on other people's rights, and this is where it becomes someone else's business. This can also work the other way, where non-LGBT... people demand so much against LGBT... people that it infringes on their rights (which should not need to be specified in legislation).

So, I think that's where the need to discuss this comes from and the need to deal with it in the legislative process. To most sane people, it shouldn't be an issue, but when both sides keep pushing and pushing and pushing certain aspects of laws and policies and regulations, it becomes an inevitability that the government will have to get involved.

Why people can't just generally ignore something in society that they don't like is beyond me, at least when it comes to this topic.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We are all on the same page.
Not all of us realise that we are all in this together. Mammal, Animal and plant.

Just look into the night sky knowing its vastness and incomprehesible awesomeness ... then look back within.

We can do better.

*steps slowly away from soapbox ...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Haha. no one likes unwrapping a burrito when they were expecting a taco. I get that.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I totally agree! I wanted to see how many sane responses I would get and have been pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

It's not about what you do in your private life.

In public - No one wants a man in the womans restroom nor do they want a woman in the mens restroom.

Period.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It's used to activate a bible thumping sex hating base..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

It's not about what you do in your private life.

In public - No one wants a man in the womans restroom nor do they want a woman in the mens restroom.

Period.

Hey, at least we'll agree in this thread

link   
Truth in fact there were gay people in the old days,but the were descrete used to be everyone minded their own buisness,not to say there weren't a few fueling the hatred,but most of those might be curious but who is to say,the fact is keep your buisness to yourself,then you won't have to worry about it getting spread

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I do not read the bible and probably get laid more than the majority of users here.

Nobody wants a man in the womans restroom or a woman in the mans restroom. Period.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

I'm not talking about men who look like men or women who look like women. If you can't tell are you really going to ask someone's gender you see in the bathroom?
edit on 27-7-2017 by ilikenotebooks because: typo

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am not going to ask anything. You are free to do what you want. I was one of "Those" kids that ran around saying this is a free country - and still believe such. Chances are i'm not going to say anything because I have more important things to worry about in life than some nut case that thinks they are X/Y chromosome today.

Just do not expect me to be a compliant juror when it's a case of a father beating the absolute S*** out of a man who he found in the bathroom with his daughter.
edit on 27-7-2017 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

there's a word for those people. criminals. they are found everywhere. not just in bathrooms.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Indeed it is a criminal offense to enter the bathroom as the opposite gender when you are not allowed to.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
While I wholeheartedly agree that this is more smoke and mirrors, I've also come to another conclusion.

For a portion of a percentage of the population (which is the very punny definition of the word marginalized) it gets way more attention than I've kept up with. So, personally I think that most people out there treat their friends and loved ones in a different manor then they treat strangers. No one would be an ass or mistreat their friend.

Because of the professional victimization that's because a very weird norm, now there's a simulated need to legislate behavior. This sets a bad prescident. I totally want everyone to be safe and live happily ever after. I do not want censorship that is cloaked in building tolerance.

If we can't even discuss concerns, that's not tolerance that is censorship.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join