It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain to ban Diesel and Petrol vehicles by 2040

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Btw Britain is not the first to do this.. France and Germany have already announced but with a shorter time frame.

Anyway none of this really matters because with the age of the driverless car fast approaching.. changes the game for vehicle ownership in the future.

Indeed, I posted an article the other day on the upcoming "carmageddon " as they put it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Brian4real

Nah, it's not *ALL* petrol and diesel cars, it's the ones that aren't hybrid. If you think about it, probably all cars will be hybrid or full electric by 2040.

The idea itself pisses me off because of all the beautiful cars that won't be allowed on the roads again. Some classics and even ones people have kept for sentimental reasons. I tend to think it's a political move to prop up the motor industry. Dealerships are struggling to sell new cars and having to offer all these different pay/lease schemes to keep turnover going. Culling several million cheap cars in 2040 will be a massive, profound boost to the industry and maybe one they can leverage debt on in the meantime.

Yay for the environment, shame for the classic cars.

How'd I miss your post!
I guess I was driving too fast at the time.
In my post, I just mentioned that the government statement was 'baldy' end of, you however put the meat on the bones in many ways, but you are right, government is getting too personal with this often multi-party 'collective responsibility' while in most cases/all cases they can do, and do do, the other thing, as and when it suits, which is most of the time. Anyway, cudos for your post...I always see depth in them!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

lol beat me to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure US will use all the oil to invade other countries as usual as a couple of less competitors need oil, the oil has to go elsewhere.

edit on 27-7-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

But will there be a Britain as we know it comparatively speaking in 40 years?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Brtistan has a nice ring to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Wow! I never EVER thought of that!
That would be really horrible gong to a Formula 1 race with electric cars!
Better yrt, good luck with your electric 4wheeler and the mud!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can't see this going over completely. A few things came to mind tho, the car industries who want more control are telling people about what they're planning years ahead of time, time enough for people to take it half serious. The buggers would love this type of control over your life. From trip planning to mileage and your whereabouts.

I know too many guys who wouldn't give up their cars, and by 2040 I won't be alive to see it happen if it does thankfully.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Ive read some very interesting statements on this post, but yours is by far the most thought invoking...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Isn't it weird that European countries have been planning this stuff already fro 20 years now, without much results?
Fukuyama said that history was over 30 years ago. How well did that plan go? How can the EU or the UK even plan ahead 2 years from now in the current conditions ?

How can they keep showing up with their failed faces, again and again with long term future forecasts after all the failures they had during the past 30 years, precisely in those similar forecasts?
edit on 7-11-2017 by Flanker86 because: c

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join