It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop a terrorist car, filled with explosives using a tank.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Cygnis

Could you imagine if that had been a US armed forces tank doing that.. The social outrage would be insane. All those delusional idiots screaming and crying.

i was just curious as to how it picked out .

Effectively.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ignorant_ape

my mind turns to a secondary timer - to prevent the vehicle being studied intact by forensics // inteligence

People in general do not want to blow themselves up, let alone kill other in the process.

There is little doubt in my mind that many of these bombings are being "supervised" as such, that's why the target is rarely hit as the detonation is carried out remotely.

Your thinking like a Westerner here.

There ARE people who are so brain-washed that they WANT to do this.

Just as there ARE people who want absolute control over everyone.

Just as there ARE people who just want to sit around and do drugs and watch tv.

I can go on and on.

I can't believe there are people who WANT to get up in the morning and go to work, but there are.

There are extremists on both ends of the spectrum and I'm not disputing that, what I am disputing is people that say this is normal, as its not.

It is nutters taking their belief to the extreme. This is not something new, other than that I would agree with you.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

When I worked as a bouncer in a roughneck fishing village tavern called the "RedDog", I learned to read tells. Behavioral ticks that might indicate some drunk is about to start throwing shot glasses, or start a fight. Or tell when a drug dealer was about to attempt to set up shop in a dark corner. After a while, you just know, it's an automatic thing--plus learning by making a mistake that costs you a bit of blood because some ass has got a knife.

The same thing when I worked retail. With enough experience one learns how to read potential shop lifters when they come in.

I can only imagine it's much the same, only magnified a thousand fold, on a road block in territory like that. It would only take a few hard lessons to learn how to read behaviour.

We all do it, most of us just don't notice we're doing it. You can tell when your wife or husband is mad, without them saying a word, or being able to read their expressions--a mile off, you can tell.

It could have been any of a hundred different things. They might have had a box of dynamite in the back seat, too...

We'll probably never know.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If you watch closely, just before the detonation, to the right is a soldier walking toward the vehicle just off the road. Guy appears too get vaporized. Just seconds after smoke clears you can see him getting up from bushes and running toward convoy. That guy just won like never before. There be shat in his pants for sure. Fair trade...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Agreed on the bystanders, its a shame that normal people get caught up in others insanity.

As for the detonation, a common trigger used in drive up suicide bombings, is a handheld spring trigger (like those squeeze things used to strengthen your forearms). The trigger is squeezed and the bomb is armed. Destination only occurs when the tension is released. So a bomber killed will still detonate. Drive up car bombers are usually shot well before reaching their target, tension is released, timer counts down (usually 7-10 seconds), car goes boom.
It is actually a clever device since most of these guys are pegged a mile away, and usually dont make it to within 500 feet Of the target.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The 'red dog'? Definetly rough to be named after a disgusting beer!
How does it compare to the 'Double Deuce'?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Rapha

A few more details wouldnt go astray , like how did they know they were terrorist for a start .

Because the car was full of explosives?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Well for one, terrorists usually drive around in cars that blow up, normal folks don't.

Not sure if you noticed , the car blew up AFTER the tank flattened it .The question stands , how did they know it was a terrorist car . Did it have terrorist painted on the side .

Why would they tell you/us their secrets, they flattened it because it was a terrorist, they were right.

Would you have engaged in conversation for the sake of their rights? If so, please take a job in the military and post here how you get on.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

1> Explosives are heavy, they usually use very heavy shells, which makes the suspension of the car get crushed under the weight, its easy to spot a car where the front of the suspension is fine and the back is crushed, looks like its coming on a wheelie...

2> They are known to shout and scream religious stuff... alah akbar and so on...

3> No matter how extremist you are or not you WILL be stressed, sweating and showing signs of high stress before blowing yourself up...

4> IMS detection system, some are truck mounted and have a certain range and picks up trace particles of chemicals...

www.romtech.ro...

5> They probably looked suspicious, were ordered out of the car and refused...

6> You see the people getting closer to the car and before they get closer to 6ft everybody starts running in opposite directions so it was probably very obvious to start with...

Tank driver's a hero, he didn't think twice or blinked he immobilised the car so it couldn't make its way "deeper" into the crowd and likely saved alot more lives than were lost...

For the explosive that was set off, it could have been a delayed set off caused by the tank crushing it, timer, one left alive in there... Could of been multiple things but normal cars don't blow up like that, they did a very good job and that tank driver should be decorated...
edit on 27-7-2017 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: _R4t_

How dare you give a proper answer . Quite saddened that you didnt say because it blew up .

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Well... I wasn't going to state the obvious and the question wasn't if it was confirmed terrorist after the chain of events, it was how they made the initial identification of the vehicle being a threat prior to force being used... lol

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Correct , seems reading comprehension is not a strong point for a few on here .

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Depending upon the time of the year? It could resemble it in very unsavory ways. Check your knives at the door, gentlemen...and ladies.

I bounced there for almost a year, it was an experience I'll never forget, nor would I want to... You learn to read people, drunk or sober, sometimes both in the same night, or you can get hurt, badly. I got lucky, my hurts were fairly mild, and I learn fast usually.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

That is the point of the thread, after all...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

They are so lucky the bomb didn't go off right under the tank, would it have gone airborne i wonder?

It must have taken a lot of balls to do that.
Only don't understand the high casualty count, the area seems clear the tank has even moved below so its defiantly 20-30 seconds after the tank drove over the car when you also so many people running away.

The blast must have contained a lot of scrap that went flying around perhaps, no info there.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Dimens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Some data points...

It took the guards just under 3 seconds to recognize the threat once the vehicle stopped...and they instantly bolt.

The tanker put his foot in it roughly 6 seconds later. Pretty fast reaction times I'd say!

Identification was made all the easier by the way the car changed lanes and sped up to the check point. They probably didn't need to see much after that point.

If I was a bettin' man I'd say the terrorists were planning on getting out of the car and running. The explosive was on a timer, and this is the reason they raced up to the checkpoint (so it wouldn't detonate before they got there).

Some other interesting stuff in the video... If you notice, the white car actually hits a guy while driving up the shoulder. The guy is on the hood of the car for a moment, and then the white car collides with the backend of the white tractor trailer as he tries to avoid more people. Only the white Hi-Lux emerges in front of the trucks.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

The concussion from the blast is probably what killed most of the people. You can see the shock wave at about a 100 meter radius. It was a huge blast!! There was a butt-load of explosives in that car!

Everyone within about 200 meters of that blast probably suffered severe hearing damage. A shock wave like that would cause severe internal organ damage and could easily stop the human heart.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
stupid tank driver should not have come back!!!?

and what a Lucky idiot on the far right
who runs up to see whats going one.
and gets blown 30 yards to the right.
and he gets UP!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimens
It must have taken a lot of balls to do that.
Only don't understand the high casualty count, the area seems clear the tank has even moved below so its defiantly 20-30 seconds after the tank drove over the car when you also so many people running away.

The tank driver is apparently now a hero in Egypt.

The 2 dark cars to the left of the flattened car still have their occupants close by. They were the ones that probably died in the blast zone.

Like you said, all of that car metal would have gone everywhere in the blast, so fatal wounds from shrapnel would have been probable.

@1:11 min one car has its door closed as the tank drives by. Then the door opens. I can only assume that the driver opened the door. No idea how many others were in the same car.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Rapha because: addon

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's definitely a job I wouldn't want, nor could stand! I hope I didn't offend, I just never got to reference Roadhouse in a legitimate conversation.
Cheers to you for having the balls to do something I never would!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join