It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop a terrorist car, filled with explosives using a tank.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Not sure if this has already been posted.

It seems that terrorists in Egypt assumed that they could get their way by driving up to a check-point, in a car, filled with explosives and detonate it.

They did not expect the tank driver to literally drive over their vehicle flattening it.

Its a shame 7 innocent by-standers perished in the blast that followed.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

A few more details wouldnt go astray , like how did they know they were terrorist for a start .

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

A few more details wouldnt go astray , like how did they know they were terrorist for a start .

What other option you think we should consider?
Flatulent smoker?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Well for one, terrorists usually drive around in cars that blow up, normal folks don't.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
World of Tanks, eh.

so, what I'm left wondering, since the terrorist was turned into mince meat, who then, detonated the device?

Wonder how many suicide bombers have second thoughts, but a second terrorist is there to press dial on the phone and set the bomb off...

either way, too many bystanders, 7 is 7 too many. kudos to the tank occupants for risking their lives to save so many others.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Well for one, terrorists usually drive around in cars that blow up, normal folks don't.

Not sure if you noticed , the car blew up AFTER the tank flattened it .The question stands , how did they know it was a terrorist car . Did it have terrorist painted on the side .
edit on 27-7-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You are aware a normal car simply will not blow up like that, right?

Meaning there was explosives packed in the car.

how did they know it was a terrorist car . Did it have terrorist painted on the side

Couldn't see the side of the car from the video provided, it very well may have. You know what I did see?

A car blow up.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

They probably managed to see them through the windshield as they stopped from their high rate of speed approach. It wanted to get past the tank because they know a tanks armor will eat most of the blast. Apparantly one of them was just squished just enough that they were still alive to manage to press a button.

This was an awesome counter attack by the checkpoint tank crew, excellent work! Although 7 people perished, scores more were saved.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Profiling, of course.

No, I'm not being factious. I'm guessing after a while, one learns what to look for, behaviour tells, and such.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

And when the car eventually blows up, said suspicions are confirmed. That in between time though? Oh watch out for the HRPLSJW (Human Rights Patrol League of Social Justice Warriors).

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Most of whom have never, ever, nor will ever, serve at a dangerous road block where these sorts of things are all too common.

The noble order of SJW's have no frame of reference, so I can safely ignore their opinions on the matter at hand. That tank driver was, obviously, spot on the mark. That innocents died is horrible, and is to be regretted, but how many would have died had that car reached its intended target--a school? a hospital? an open air market?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

this needs more context - to explain why ?

the " suicide bomber[s] " COULD have killed the tank crew and everyone in the vicinity - by detonating thier bomb immediatly

my mind turns to a secondary timer - to prevent the vehicle being studied intact by forensics // inteligence

the car ocupants may not even be aware of its existance - but the principle is simple :

then the car bomb starts its " attack run " - the timer is triggered - so if the suicide bomber has second thoughts or is shot // incapacitated // captured

the bomb still detonates

yes they COULD use mobile phone // radio remote detonators - but timers are simpler - and security services have access to signal jammers

ETA :

but none of the above answers my concern - why didnt they detonate the bomb before they got crushed ?

edit on 27-7-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Not sure if you noticed , the car blew up AFTER the tank flattened it .The question stands , how did they know it was a terrorist car . Did it have terrorist painted on the side .

So, for starters. Just because people made a stink in America about "profiling" and got it made illegal, doesn't mean the rest of the world still doesn't profile.

On the next note, the camera was a distance off so we couldn't see inside the car. I assure you, if you were nose to nose with the car, like that tank was, you'd have a pretty clear view of what was going on in there. If you notice the size of that explosion, that wasn't some little cute pipe-bomb, that was closer to a full backseat and trunk full.

The world isn't a happy safe space, it's a violent, chaotic ball of rock hurtling through space with a bunch of people on it that can't, won't, don't want to see eye to eye, and is full of conflicts.

Could you imagine if that had been a US armed forces tank doing that.. The social outrage would be insane. All those delusional idiots screaming and crying.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Could you imagine if that had been a US armed forces tank doing that.. The social outrage would be insane. All those delusional idiots screaming and crying.

I have absolutely no problems with flat terrorists , i was just curious as to how it picked out .

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

my mind turns to a secondary timer - to prevent the vehicle being studied intact by forensics // inteligence

People in general do not want to blow themselves up, let alone kill other in the process.

There is little doubt in my mind that many of these bombings are being "supervised" as such, that's why the target is rarely hit as the detonation is carried out remotely.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Perhaps they had intelligence about bomb making (perhaps in a built-up area) and had to watch the car (perhaps via drone) until it moved away from denser population.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

No, the words "Allah's snackbar - BYO" kinda gave it away

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

The best terrorist, is a flat terrorist.. Yes indeed.

In all reality it is a perspective thing. Tank driver got a nice up close and personal view of the car. Also the guy who walked up to the side of it, and is shortly there after seen running behind the tank probably was yelling about it.

All sorts of possibilities. As usual, location, location, location comes in to play.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Well, if you watch the video closely, you'll see people start running before the tank even gets to the car. Clearly somebody announced there was threat. So whatever it was must have been fairly apparent visually.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ignorant_ape

People in general do not want to blow themselves up, let alone kill other in the process.

There is little doubt in my mind that many of these bombings are being "supervised" as such, that's why the target is rarely hit as the detonation is carried out remotely.

Your thinking like a Westerner here.

There ARE people who are so brain-washed that they WANT to do this.

Just as there ARE people who want absolute control over everyone.

Just as there ARE people who just want to sit around and do drugs and watch tv.

I can go on and on.

I can't believe there are people who WANT to get up in the morning and go to work, but there are.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join