It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could trump be cleaning house for a swing to the middle??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Trump wants to be liked, he hates all the bad press and I'm guessing wants to be remembered well..

Trump is also a life long moderate democrat who at least claimed to want a dozen left wing policies..

What if trump is cleaning house to make a swing back to the middle???

Get the wall done with the republicans and then dump all the hard core conservatives and go for single payer or other traditionally left wing positions??

I think he has been "trying " to do it the conservative way and getting roasted..and being he was a democrat his entire life . A lot of their positions he probably doesn't agree with..

He knows healthcare will be labled trumpcare..so he will get the blame if it ends up a disaster..

This isn't my pet theory nor anything I'm predicting, just throwing something out there..

Trump seems to be dropping stablishment conservatives and I wonder why...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Trump wants to be liked, he hates all the bad press and I'm guessing wants to be remembered well..

Trump is also a life long moderate democrat who at least claimed to want a dozen left wing policies..

Get the wall done with the republicans and then dump all the hard core conservatives and go for single payer or other traditionally left wing positions??

I think he has been "trying " to do it the conservative way and getting roasted..and being he was a democrat his entire life . A lot of their positions he probably doesn't agree with..

He knows healthcare will be labled trumpcare..so he will get the blame if it ends up a disaster..

This isn't my pet theory nor anything I'm predicting, just throwing something out there..

Well you, and other internet waterheads, are the ones posting constant hate threads. You're in a better position to tell us wtf is going on. If you asked me a few weeks ago how he felt I'd have said he was very pro gay and trans. Now that the media #tards have left him alienated, he seems to be running toward his hard-right supporters. Good job forcing a democrat, which everybody agrees he was until recently, to push this sh%% because you hate him blindly.
edit on 7/27/17 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

edit on 7/27/17 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Very well said.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Well you, and other internet waterheads, are the ones posting constant hate threads. You're in a better position to tell us wtf is going on. If you asked me a few weeks ago how he felt I'd have said he was very pro gay and trans. Now that the media #tards have left him alienated, he seems to be running toward his hard-right supporters. Good job forcing a democrat, which everybody agrees he was until recently, to push this sh%% because you hate him blindly.

so let me get this straight, you're blaming people who dislike Trump for Trump's actions...

this has got to be a record...
Trump's actions affects everyone in this country, not just his followers, critics alike.

now he can't even get a republican Congress to do his bidding, it's now the fault of others...
who would have thought running a country would require at least some knowledge of politics and a billionaire cabinet doesn't automatically qualify people for a job....

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Very well said.

They're forcing him to alienate many of the silent base... People like me. Fiscal conservative and social liberals. They're creating a monster that need not exist.

Under Trump we could have had the best of both worlds because he was truly for socially progressive ideas, but also for fiscal responsibility.

Now the left has gone full on retard and forced him to become hard-line conservative bigot. F=%king partisan morons don't realize how bad they screwed us. Next election is going to be another partisan clusterf%#k.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

so let me get this straight, you're blaming people who dislike Trump for Trump's actions...

this has got to be a record...
Trump's actions affects everyone in this country, not just his followers, critics alike.

now he can't even get a republican Congress to do his bidding, it's now the fault of others...
who would have thought running a country would require at least some knowledge of politics and a billionaire cabinet doesn't automatically qualify people for a job....

Welcome to partisan America. Nobody can take their head out of their ass long enough to take advantage of a moderate president. Too much like a hive of wasps on the attack to do anything useful. Just like you nobody wants to see a half-full glass. Congrats on being part of the problem Instead of the solution.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Unless you were just wrong and he only ever cared about the fiscal stuff and no matter his personal opinion. Wasn't willing to fight for fight the GOP on the social positions..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Unless you were just wrong and he only ever cared about the fiscal stuff and no matter his personal opinion. Wasn't willing to fight for fight the GOP on the social positions..

If you could put together a cogent paragraph I might take you seriously. You are one of the five or six people writing barely literate opinions about Trump and pushing those opinions as fact. You blatantly lie, as you are told to do by your masters.

Instead of working together with a socially moderate president you drink the msm kool-aid.

For some reason it is poison to consider a balanced budget.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Josh. I know you are reaching out to understand this guy, but here you are giving him too much credit. Yes, Trump is swinging alright but he is swinging to full goose bozo. He has passed idiot and moron, slid right past imbecilic and is now approaching, let me say it again, full goose bozo.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Donald Trump was a disliked reality-show host before he ran for president. Even a lot of the people that voted for him only did so because Hillary was an exponentially #ty candidate.

He's passed no legislation. He's built no wall. He's continued with the foreign policy of the Bush Administration that the Obama Administration built on.

Other than Tweet things his base jerks-off to, what is different?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Josh. I know you are reaching out to understand this guy, but here you are giving him too much credit. Yes, Trump is swinging alright but he is swinging to full goose bozo. He has passed idiot and moron, slid right past imbecilic and is now approaching, let me say it again, full goose bozo.

Are you another one of the people suffering from Trump encephalitis? The disabling effect rendering you incapable of reasoning? That is the only way I can possibly excuse defending the fantasy joshua cox is pushing.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Other than Tweet things his base jerks-off to, what is different?

I wouldn't go that far. Id' stop short of what you suggest and just say ''spasm with delight''. Polite company you know.

edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 27 Jul 2017 03:16:32 -0500Thu, 27 Jul 2017 03:16:32 -050017072017-07-27T03:16:32-05:00300000016 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Are you another one of the people suffering from Trump encephalitis? The disabling effect rendering you incapable of reasoning? That is the only way I can possibly excuse defending the fantasy joshua cox is pushing.

Sorry, you must have misread my reply. I defended nothing. Here, let me repeat it. Trump is an idiot, a moron and imbecile and is approaching full goose bozo.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Oh good . It's always great if we can make someone not personally responsible for their own actions and blame some outsider for their bad behavior. I like to teach my kids that too. Blame everybody never take responsibility. Not...

We are not responsible for trumps behavior. The media is not responsible.
A true public servant rises above that stuff. There's always going to be someone who speaks against you. There's always going to be people who disagree with your policies. A good public servant doesn't let his or her emotions make decisions for them. And they don't govern from that standpoint.
Trump is a child. The man has no business being president and the sooner he is not the better off we will be.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Socially progressive ideas like banning an entire religion from entering the country?
Or progressive as in Mexicans are rapists who need to be kept out?
Or progressive like banning transgender people from serving in the military?

Maybe we need to start with your personal definition of what socially progressive is.
That could help clarify your statement. It sure isn't matching my definition of that phrase.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

My pet theory is that Drumpf is a Democrat plant in the Republican party....a very deadly plant.

He is systematically destroying any credibility for the entire institution of the U.S both at home and abroad.

I really think he's there paying to play, and betting on Winning.

What a farked up crazy world in which we live.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Or maybe, just maybe, the truth is finally coming out about weasels in our government from BOTH parties and he just happens to be the one who gets to out their sorry asses. That seems more likely than him just wanting to be "liked".

Who gives a damn about his popularity at this point? I certainly don't. I don't have to like the man as a person to applaud him for getting the people responsible for the subversion and mistreatment of the American people the hell out of our government.

As an American, I don't need or want a nice, lovable, "popular" President. I want one who gets the goddamned job done...and today, it looks like he's that guy. And I am fully confident that the number of people who would agree with me on that very salient point far exceed the number who would not...regardless of how much they "like" him.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

THIS^^^

Sorry Josh. I've gotta agree, you're giving Trump WAY too much credit! He's trying to punch his way out of a burlap sack of his own making!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Trump is responsible for Trump. He's a grown man.

As to him being a Democrat, I don't think he has core values other than "win" so it doesn't matter what he claims to believe.

He fights for those that say they love him and against those that hate him. He requires loyalty and gives none. Folks willing to roll with that stay, folks that don't become enemies.

Republicans need to understand that he's not on your side, he's on Trumps side. Period.

edit on 27-7-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A true public servant rises above that stuff. There's always going to be someone who speaks against you. There's always going to be people who disagree with your policies. A good public servant doesn't let his or her emotions make decisions for them. And they don't govern from that standpoint.

Okay, since now we're using this BS metric to measure elected officials name a dozen that actually do that. Name me 12 Federal officials that haven't become wealthy and have just done what's right for the people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join