It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Potential Russian UAVs: The Stealthy Hunter-B and the SR-10 derived AR-10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There are potentially two new UAVs of interest for ATS' aircraft geeks.

The first is just a slide. And it might be a photoshop, so reader beware. However, the Russians are supposedly touting it at their stealthy UAV to answer the Americans. The aircraft? It's entitled the "Hunter-B."

alert5.com...

However, it really, really ought to be noted it's only appeared here. I also have to wonder if they took a picture of the two Salty Dogs and dropped it in to their slide. However, I am ALSO part of the crew that argues form follows function and they might have come to the conclusion like we Yanqi that the cranked kite is a good shape for stealthy aircraft. So, oh so good imagery analysts of ATS-AP, take a gander and opine.

The second UAV, the so-called AR-10, is a derivative of the forward swept wing SR-10 trainer that was being developed. There are differences: a single inlet and a V-shaped twin tail. Oh and no cockpit, of course. It's intended for combat air patrol (!!) and strike. I have a feeling the former might be a little over ambitious for the Russians, but I have been wrong before and will be again.

www.janes.com...

www.airrecognition.com... itions-news/air-show-2017/maks-2017-news-coverage-report/3637-maks-2017-russia-s-first-forward-swept-wing-trainer-aircraft-sr-10-made-first-public-app earance.html

www.airrecognition.com...

This might be more a pipe dream than the Hunter-B. We shall see.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
When we see them being complained about being behind schedule or having them suffer difficulties in somewhere like Ukraine or Syria then they are just pipe dreams at moment.They are like China waaay behind the times.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Looking at all these UAV designs I wonder how much of the tech is ours that was hacked.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Getting the airframe together is easy.Throwing all the systems in is what is the problem.Need to look at what Russia has available for sensor packages.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Just realized, the front of the AR-10 looks an awful lot like something Kratos would make.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Airplane designers are like car manufacturers,they like to follow trends..

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The one in this www.airrecognition.com...
image looks a lot like the New trainer they have made. And it even flew at MAKS this year.

Here it is CP-10 (SR-10)

top topics

join