It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endocannabinoid System and Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The Endocannabinoid System and Society

somebody play the wrong domino
and want the world to follow

Who Colt The Game

Bob left the question open for answers, but in this thread I am going to attempt to answer it—

The cannabinoid deficient ones.

Today, the entire world of species is divided—Humankind is divided. I've made true friends and true memories with people from all around the world, and I know first hand the world's society can live together in peace. The cannabinoid deficient world leaders (meaning deficiency in cannabinoid 1 receptors within the brain), all share similar characteristics (some more or less deficient).

Remember—it is the ECS that has played a fundamental role in evolution, including our own. Humankind has the highest CB1 receptor density of all species on Earth. I feel there is a growing in awareness, an awakening, taking place. Perhaps some of Humankind is increasing their endocannabinoid tones in response to having to adapt to the consequences of awareness, to waking up to the ever present realities of the evils and sinister corruption which infiltrate the world today. The ECS is designed to adapt, it adapts to every unfolding moment in order for your survival.

So, I believe that the ECS will play a fundamental role in the adaptations to the changes to come.

Below are a few brush strokes that paint this for me.

In humans, the endocannabinoid system is the foundation in which sprouts life. The ECS regulates all our physiological processes. This includes social behavior. In the brain, the ECS serves an important role in the development of emotions, memories, appetite, motor functions, and signaling processes for example. Experiences such as anxiety, fear, laughter, happiness, sadness, and depression are also regulated by the ECS

Endocannabinoids and their receptors are highly abundant compo- nents of the developing organism, as has been demonstrated in a number of species. This ECBR system not only controls its own proper functioning in the adult organism, but also critically impacts on the general development of the organism. We have highlighted an essential role for the ECBR system in embryonic implantation (and the preceding pre-implantation events) and in the develop- ment of the nervous system, regulating processes such as neuro- genesis, axon guidance and synaptogenesis. Immediately after birth, cannabinoid CB1 receptor activation appears to play an essential role in the initiation of suckling, which is necessary for successful postnatal growth, development and thriving.
Multiple Roles for the Endocannabinoid System During the Earliest Stages of Life: Pre- and Postnatal Development

The brain distribution of molecular components of the endocannabinoid system is consistent with a role in social behavior. CB1 cannabinoid receptors are highly expressed in associational regions of the frontal cortex and in subcortical structures that underpin human social–emotional functioning [11,25,26]. They are also present throughout regions implicated in the rewarding properties of natural and drug-related stimuli, including the central and basolateral amygdala, prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, dorsolateral striatum, ventral tegmental area, and, to a lesser extent, the nucleus accumbens [25,27]. Human positron emission tomography (PET) imaging studies revealed alterations in the distribution of CB1 receptors in, for example, schizophrenia and addiction [28,29]. These regions are considered key parts of the ‘social brain’, based on imaging and network studies (Box 2). The regional distribution of the enzymes involved in the generation and degradation of endocannabinoid transmitters is similar to the picture of CB1 receptors depicted here [27,30,31], although not necessarily duly reflective of endocannabinoid signaling [32].

Consistent with cannabis decreasing hostility in humans[17], THC was found to decrease agonistic acts in multiple mammalian species (mice, rats, and squirrel monkeys) undergoing intruder confrontation [33].

Mutant mice lacking CB1 receptors exhibited more behaviors involving offensive aggression, as well as active and passive defensive coping behaviors, such as avoidance, freezing, and risk-assessment behaviors, suggesting that CB1 receptors have a role in buffering against social stress [34,35]. This stress-modulating effect translated to increasing overall time spent in direct interaction with novel conspecifics, possibly in a sex-dependent manner [36,37].
Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Control of Social Behavior

The authors used several indices to assess the relationship between marijuana and hostility as both inner affect and verbal behavior in a small-group setting. Marijuana subjects reported a small but statistically significant decrease in hostile feelings after the introduction of a frustration stimulus. They also showed significantly less verbal hostility than placebo subjects both before and after introduction of a frustration stimulus.
Marijuana and hostility in a small-group setting.
edit on 26-7-2017 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2017 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I find it interesting that cannabis reduces hostility. Jeff Sessions is planning to use a sketchy report that says that cannabis increases violent crime in order to justify his crusade against it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I find it interesting that cannabis reduces hostility. Jeff Sessions is planning to use a sketchy report that says that cannabis increases violent crime in order to justify his crusade against it.

That is because he is the enemy of the people.

Abuse of any substance can cause serious problems, MJ is no different in that regard.

The plant is a medicine that can not only hurt big pharma but can potentially wake people out of their slumber, I mean out of the TV / chemical trance that most people are stuck in.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

He must enjoy being laughed at because that reefer madness line doesn't work anymore. He'd be better off trying to pass off plans for a time machine for him to travel back to when people fell for that sort of nonsense.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

He must enjoy being laughed at because that reefer madness line doesn't work anymore. He'd be better off trying to pass off plans for a time machine for him to travel back to when people fell for that sort of nonsense.

Whoa now hold on here. What if he does not have proper receptors for this as do many of those who follow and support him. So when it is introduced into their bodies causes discomfort, paranoia and hostility. Everyone's biochemistry is very different one drug that mellows you out might make someone else freak out...
edit on ambAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 27 Jul 2017 08:49:39 -0500am8America/Chicago by abeverage because: because I got HIGH

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

You know, I have heard that it doesn't always agree with some people. But I guess then he could just not partake, that being the adult thing to do.

People who are lactose intolerant seem to be able to avoid milk, if this busy body can't handle weed then he may like to be a responsible adult and simply avoid it and stop trying to control others.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You know, I have heard that it doesn't always agree with some people. But I guess then he could just not partake, that being the adult thing to do.

People who are lactose intolerant seem to be able to avoid milk, if this busy body can't handle weed then he may like to be a responsible adult and simply avoid it and stop trying to control others.

I couldn't agree with you more however again his genetic makeup may also determine his predilection to banning or fighting against it...or maybe he is just an A-Hole...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You're right, there may actually be an asshole gene and if there is he definitely has it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You're right, there may actually be an asshole gene and if there is he definitely has it.

There most certainly is and has been throughout our evolution or whatever you want to call where humanity is today.
Here is proof it is not just humans either

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
There's ways, besides Cannabis, to increase endocannabinoid tone. Sessions needs a heavy increasing. I'm afraid he might need a direct injection of Anandamide or CBD & THC directly into the brain.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

people always joke at my work that i must be a stoner because i'm so laid back and don't get upset.... if they only knew.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ahh thats interesting, so cannabinoids are not only substances found in plants but are native chemicals that are produced by the human body and always exist at some level.

Cannabinoids produced in the human body

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

top topics

join