It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Ohio State Fair Ride Breaks: One Dead, Others Injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ohio State Fair Ride Breaks: One Dead, Others Injured

At least one person is dead and seven others are injured after a ride malfunctioned at the Ohio State Fair Wednesday evening, NBC Columbus is reporting. A disturbing video of the accident was shared on social media. You can watch it below, but be aware that it’s very disturbing. Several emergency responders are on the scene at the grounds. A caller said he heard a loud boom from a ride called “Fire Ball” and that there were numerous injuries, according to Springfield News-Sun.

I'll not link to the video - it's already being taken down all over Fb and other social media.

If you find it - it's pretty gruesome

According to the newspaper, the man was “thrown from the ride” and killed on impact. One eyewitness told The Dispatch that “he heard a loud sound of metal cracking then looked to see two men being thrown off the ride, one of them from up high.” The cause of the ride malfunction has not yet been determined.

Gov. John Kasich has ordered all rides at the fair shut down until they can be inspected again.

Prayers for all involved.

peace

edit on 1025Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: emphasis added

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I hope there's a proper investigation.
Not much going for it though, anyone involved was paid off in advance- and will likely find themselves in fatal accidents before they get the chance to talk.

My understanding is that there's supposed to be a lot of news tonight to drown out shenanigans in the government.

Hopefully this death and resulting life changes attached to it and the injured aren't part of a CIA plot to distract.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I'll not link to the video - it's already being taken down all over Fb and other social media.

The video in the article you linked?

Really sad to hear, hope everyone else makes it out OK.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

They're saying two men died on impact and 7 others in critical condition.

The vid is but I don't know for how long. It's being taken down on FB, other social media and I don't know how long it will remain on the link.

I do know it's hard to watch.

Prayers for all involved and those who are hospitalized.

peace

edit on 3924Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yeah, it was rough.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Makes me weep...
Mostly for the IT folks being dragged out of bed to suppress this truth from the internet, though.

Quit censoring reality.

I get it, private companies do what they want.
Blah blah blah. Sick of that. Before Google we grew up in the realities we had.
Internet wasn't so ad based, and it was still run by people who cared about truth over profit.

Now all media is sterilized and polarized to fit an agenda.

At this point I'd be surprised if any bit of Truth past the deaths of those involved made it public.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Sad that happened and hope the rest survive. I rarely ride anything not permanentely bolted down to the ground. But even ammusment park rides have failed in the past.

Most of those rides I see at fairs and carnivals are rusted up and ran by questionable people on questionable drugs.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yeah crazy video.
It sounded like the seats hit something going through the area near the ground and flung them off on the upswing.
That looks like a dangerous ride even if it was working right....I wouldn't go on it.
Hope everyone else pulls through.
edit on 26-7-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If someone is already squeamish over amusement park rides (like my wife), they certainly won't ever get on one again after watching the video. Looks like a bolt on the "fireball" ride broke. Those who had to continue riding until it stopped must have been in disbelief and scared out their minds. It was just inspected on Monday of this week..2 days ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
wow that is awful.. just inspected too? So sad.. I'm not going to watch the video.. but I looked at a picture of the ride. I've ridden something like that before at the Texas fair. yikes.
Dang.. I feel terrible for everyone involved.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I would not watch such a vid even if it was available,eff's wrong with people?? Horribly sad.my sympathy to the loved ones of the deceased and to the injured.How awful

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I would not watch such a vid even if it was available,eff's wrong with people?? Horribly sad.my sympathy to the loved ones of the deceased and to the injured.How awful

I don't even watch scary movies anymore. Haven't for years. I don't need that extra stress.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The video is pretty crazy.. surprised more didnt die after watching it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That # is wild. I have ridden that exact ride more than once at fairs before. I think ill stick to stuck in place amusement parks from now on. But apparently, that was day 1 of the Ohio state fair and it was inspected earlier that same day. Pretty terrifying even if it is a tiny tiny chance of happening.

I cant imagine being on that ride in another seat and coming out unscathed. Let alone being adjacent to the seats which flew off and hit your seats head on at considerable speed. There is also an aftermath video and the recorder is freaking the hell out. Probably just got off it or was waiting in line to get on.

Apparently one of the seating arrangements hit a guard bar on the low end and then broke off. And 4chan is blaming a 'fat chick' on board. Smh.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

And 4chan is blaming a 'fat chick' on board.

That's because the trolls over there have so much class. Maybe they know because it was one of their posse.

People, they make me sad to be human at times.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

And 4chan is blaming a 'fat chick' on board.

That's because the trolls over there have so much class. Maybe they know because it was one of their posse.

People, they make me sad to be human at times.

Ya never know. Accidents happen all of the time on elevators, etc when weight limits are exceeded. If it turns out to be true, are they still scum for mentioning it? Kinda like facts=bad?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

It could be

the ride was overloaded because the staff failed to properly load it.

versus

blaming a 'fat chick' on board made it too heavy.

Most of 4 chan has no class so I'm not surprised. People dead and hurt, but it's smart A comments. I guess you agree.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I was riding twice that thing and hell no more. Safety of that machines is questionable as we see. I wont nobody to resign from that kind of enterteiment but to think twice is that really what you need to entertein?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Given some of the questionable maintenance these carnival types do, I would steer clear. Every year were see an accident or two. Not that bad of odds, but no thanks. These are fairly low budget operations mostly.
edit on 7/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
August 6, 2017

The Cause of the Ride's Failure is Now Known...

The amusement ride that broke apart at the Ohio State Fair late last month, killing a man, was due to its “excessive corrosion,” investigators concluded on Sunday.

www.foxnews.com...

Whoever inspected the rides 3 days earlier, didn't do their job.

new topics

top topics

join