It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your definition of freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

It's a tough argument with no black and white

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

It's a tough argument with no black and white

[Begin scottish accent]
They can take away our freedom but they can't take away our seatbelts!
[End scottish accent]

... or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes! It's almost like, "I'm a tax-paying voter! If I want some medics to remove my shattered corpse from a wind shield, dammit, it's my RIGHT!"

#endthetyrannyoflifesavingdevices

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree with you, up and down.

I should have the freedom to do almost anything I want that doesn't harm anyone else, anyone's property, etc.

You mention lower taxes. I say fewer taxes, as well (maybe that falls under having fewer laws). I OWN my land. You're gonna tax that land every year or take it away? That's not ownership, that's a rental fee. And while I think education should be funded, that it rests on a property tax is BS.

People should be free to smoke, drink, ingest whatever they want.
People should be free to be a prostitute if they want.

I agree, but a lot of that goes back to religious influence on government (including the once very prominent no alcohol sales on Sunday), when people let their personal (religious) beliefs (and those of their constituents) dictate policy and create laws for everyone else.

Etc.

It's really hard to mind your mind own business and be left alone by the government, in many way because "laws" and "taxes" and other BS.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Your thinking of freedom is shhs.

Here is what true freedom means.

#1 Free to own a vehicle(that doesn't mean removing license plates because of Mafias use of killing), either it be scooter to a car. I don't care if its one per family, least allow more scooters/motorbikes > cars because of traffic jams.

#2 Freedom to build your own little farm/garden in the backyard without Gov interference.

#3 Freedom to get wild animal as pets or even live with them. Maybe they have to be baby at start.

#4 Ability to build a home for your wild animal pets and yourself in the forest.

#5 Free electricity for everyone under clean technology which we have now. Solar/wind panels per house? This doesn't mean every house must look the same.

#6 Ability to open carry weapons. If it seems too dangerous, can have a card that proves you are not dangerous and have authority to carry one to the police.

#7 Ability to bring children to your jobs and teach them unless of course they are dangerous jobs which is the only unacceptable ones. Therefore those jobs can only be taught at certain places. This should reduce school loads. (Ehm, Office jobs)

#8 No more forced resumes for jobs, instead there can be proof/evidence if needed to get the job either by citizenship card, skill or from other people you know. Back to the old way and the young ones will be taught for free, way too many CEOs/leader do not want to teach, this is one reason for downfall of society. It is no longer Master teaches children. It has become school teaches children and they fend for themselves. Old knowledge isn't passing on anymore if you haven't noticed.

#9 Free healthcare for everyone. Hospitals will also be schools for doctors or nurses. I heard we are low on doctors. College/Uni should have never been a requirement to be doctors. Back to the old way where real doctors teach people to become doctors. Nurse teaches people to become nurses. Right next door. This should reduce class schedule issues in the campuses and give more time to other programs.

edit on 28-7-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join