It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Investigation into the Lynch-Comey-Clinton Scandal Has Begun.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

Who's willing to bet with me?

Let's dredge this thread up in a month or so and anyone who is mistaken will admit it?

Takers?

Best to let it play out.
With the House Judiciary Committee going after Clinton, Lynch and Comey (amongst others) it will be interesting to see what Sessions and the House does in response.

If you're mistaken in your claims here, will you admit it in 30 days or so? Do you need more time?

No and not because it's inaccurate but rather it's a game played by the elite to dangle carrots and distract us from what's really going on.

It is curious however that the fall-guy (woman) appears thus far to be DWS. She is low hanging fruit and keeps us away from the real swamp things.

That said, it in no way absolves the disgusting creatures you seem to go out of your way to defend.

I'd being willing to wager however, that at some point the right will get a two-fer victory in the downfall of both DWS and Lynch. Both low hanging fruit IMO.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: whywhynot

Justice? What a subjective concept THAT is? Nothing will happen with this. This investigation will be exposed as the diversion tactic is clearly is. You're living a fantasy if you think anything will happen to Clinton. No one cares now. She's history. Only Trump's 30% want the investigation, and their desire is all based on their emotions, which have been repeatedly fired up by FOX'NEWS, Breitbart, and InfoWars, and similar right-wing/GOP agenda driven 'news' outlets. Rave on Trumpers. You don't have a whole lot to be excited about these days. So have at it, even if it's just another GOP side-show.

Trump Is Trash

Worst. 'president'. EVER!

So in the same post you say that nobody cares and that 30% want the investigation. You're not making sense.

Yup Justice, nothing subjective about it. Just read the Code of Federal Regulations and the US Code and you can discover that justice has been codified for a very long time.

All of the personal disparaging terms that you seem to need to use strongly suggests insecurities in your argument.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Then start on the IRS, obama and holder.

The 9th Circuit for abuse of power and corruption.

Hell make it a party and do it all at once.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Very little actual content in your post to respond to... I haven't "defended" anyone here. I know that some here are reality challenged ... but I didn't think you were one of them Ros.

Am I mistaken?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Honestly, at what point do we start to investigate real issues and problems and stop spending taxpayer money on investigating political nonsense over and over again?

At this point it appears the Right Wing likes to use the power and resources of government to conduct investigations against people they politically oppose. Which conflicts with a true conservative ideology.

I think it was reasonable to investigate the Benghazi issue, but not 12 or 13 times and to the tune of 20 or so million. Can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.

The email investigations were reasonable, but only proved that the crimes were so minor that it would have been handled internally and there was no precedence to even suggest charges being filed.

Now they want to investigate it again. I would suspect that if that turned-up nothing, they would want to investigate it again. But for what end? To charge someone with such a minor offense that a jaywalker looks like a mass murderer in comparison?

There comes a point in which we have to stop using the government to validate conspiracy theories and political hatred.

If the investigation surrounding Trump and his team find nothing. I would hope that we would move on. No need to waste more time and resources on it.

The Right doesn't seem to have that mindset. They are not conservatives. They want to use the power and taxpayer money to validate their conspiratorial beliefs.
edit on 28-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

A summary so perfect I can leave this absurdity in peace.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Honestly, at what point do we start to investigate real issues and problems and stop spending taxpayer money on investigating political nonsense over and over again?

At this point it appears the Right Wing likes to use the power and resources of government to conduct investigations against people they politically oppose. Which conflicts with a true conservative ideology.

I think it was reasonable to investigate the Benghazi issue, but not 12 or 13 times and to the tune of 20 or so million. Can't remember the exact numbers off the top of my head.

The email investigations were reasonable, but only proved that the crimes were so minor that it would have been handled internally and there was no precedence to even suggest charges being filed.

Now they want to investigate it again. I would suspect that if that turned-up nothing, they would want to investigate it again. But for what end? To charge someone with such a minor offense that a jaywalker looks like a mass murderer in comparison?

There comes a point in which we have to stop using the government to validate conspiracy theories and political hatred.

If the investigation surrounding Trump and his team find nothing. I would hope that we would move on. No need to waste more time and resources on it.

The Right doesn't seem to have that mindset. They are not conservatives. They want to use the power and taxpayer money to validate their conspiratorial beliefs.

Your post is inaccurate.
Not a single item listed in the House Judiciary Committee amendment has been formally investigated to date.

As for mindsets, after a year of investigations and accusations from the left they still can't accept how wrong they have been and worse, want to shut down the House Judiciary Committee resolution for investigation into the first actual evidence of collusion, between democrats and a Russian agent.

The left cried and cried for investigations (because they lost the election) and are now crying again about their own being investigated.
The usual leftist one way street mentality.

edit on 29/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: introvert

Your post is inaccurate.
Not a single item listed in the House Judiciary Committee amendment has been formally investigated to date.

As for mindsets, after a year of investigations and accusations from the left they still can't accept how wrong they have been and worse, want to shut down the House Judiciary Committee resolution for investigation into the first actual evidence of collusion, between democrats and a Russian agent.

The left cried and cried for investigations (because they lost the election) and are now crying again about their own being investigated.
The usual leftist one way street mentality.

Whereas the right have been consistent in welcoming investigations... oh wait, no they haven't. Clown.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Anyone interested in the actual facts of this "investigation" already realizes the truth ... but for those who are confused by the disinfo being pushed by several here ... this is the statement FROM THE HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE:

Washington, D.C. – House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Judiciary Committee Republicans today sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate unaddressed matters, some connected to the 2016 election and others, including many actions taken by Obama Administration officials like Attorney General Loretta Lynch, FBI Director James Comey, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The letter follows yesterday’s House Judiciary Committee approval of H. Res. 446, as amended, to request documents pertaining to the FBI’s investigation of former Secretary Clinton.

So, there in plain English are the facts that several of us have been stating clearly ...

1. The Judiciary Committee isn't investigating anyone or anything.

2. The much-ballyhooed "Resolution" is nothing more than a request for documents.

3. The REPUBLICANS on the Committee sent a BS letter to Jeff Sessions rehashing every nutty conspiracy theory popularized over the last few years by the right-wing media machine.

The Republicans are a) obfuscating the real crimes committed by the Trump Campaign and b) trying desperately to change the media narrative away from the gross incompetence of the Trump Administration.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
... and speaking of past nutty Republican "investigations" ... disgraced Intelligence Committee Chairman Nunes popped back up as well coincidentally a few days ago with more unsubstantiated accusations desperately trying to rehash the "unmasking" narrative. (The Hill).

Anyone here who can't parse this is pure politically-motivated BS coordinated by the Republican House simply isn't paying attention.

Those who were so opposed to government overreach and misuse of power only a scant few months ago are cheering this absurdity on though.

I guess we know now who the State lovers and authoritarians really are, eh? (As if we didn't already.)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Anyone interested in the actual facts of this "investigation" already realizes the truth ... but for those who are confused by the disinfo being pushed by several here ... this is the statement FROM THE HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE:

Washington, D.C. – House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Judiciary Committee Republicans today sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein calling for the appointment of a second special counsel to investigate unaddressed matters, some connected to the 2016 election and others, including many actions taken by Obama Administration officials like Attorney General Loretta Lynch, FBI Director James Comey, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The letter follows yesterday’s House Judiciary Committee approval of H. Res. 446, as amended, to request documents pertaining to the FBI’s investigation of former Secretary Clinton.

So, there in plain English are the facts that several of us have been stating clearly ...

1. The Judiciary Committee isn't investigating anyone or anything.

2. The much-ballyhooed "Resolution" is nothing more than a request for documents.

3. The REPUBLICANS on the Committee sent a BS letter to Jeff Sessions rehashing every nutty conspiracy theory popularized over the last few years by the right-wing media machine.

The Republicans are a) obfuscating the real crimes committed by the Trump Campaign and b) trying desperately to change the media narrative away from the gross incompetence of the Trump Administration.

The letter to invoke a special counsel is a separate initiative. The contents of the letter can be read be all, however to state a key part from the House Judiciary Website:

Our call for a special counsel is not made lightly. We have no interest in engendering more bad feelings and less confidence in the process or governmental institutions by the American people. Rather, our call is made on their behalf. It is meant to determine whether the criminal prosecution of any individual is warranted based on the solemn obligation to follow the facts wherever they lead and applying the law to those facts.

Once again - the H. Res 446 has gone to the House for approval after the Committee amended the resolution to go after Clinton, Comey, Lynch, Rice, The Clinton foundation.

You can live in a state of delusion all you like. The House Judicial Committee are very much going after the people they clearly identified in their amendment.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

... and speaking of past nutty Republican "investigations" ... disgraced Intelligence Committee Chairman Nunes popped back up as well coincidentally a few days ago with more unsubstantiated accusations desperately trying to rehash the "unmasking" narrative. (The Hill).

Anyone here who can't parse this is pure politically-motivated BS coordinated by the Republican House simply isn't paying attention.

Those who were so opposed to government overreach and misuse of power only a scant few months ago are cheering this absurdity on though.

I guess we know now who the State lovers and authoritarians really are, eh? (As if we didn't already.)

Oh the irony

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
CNBC now also reporting:
www.cnbc.com...

House Republicans call for a second special counsel — to investigate Clinton, Comey and Lynch.

House Judiciary Committee Republicans call for a new special counsel to investigate Hillary Clinton, James Comey and Loretta Lynch

The lawmakers said they were seeking to restore "public confidence in our nation's justice system and its investigators, specifically the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)"

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

As investigators always say, "We'll take this investigation wherever the evidence leads us."

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Russia Russia Russia?

a reply to: introvert

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What you've said is so relevant ... and so obvious ... I can't believe Trump hasn't outright fired Sessions for not executing already.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This how the investigation into Clinton and comney started. A GOP worker outsourced to reedit to find any dirt on Clinton.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

What you've said is so relevant ... and so obvious ... I can't believe Trump hasn't outright fired Sessions for not executing already.

There is no doubt that Jeff sessions is part of the very sewer that President Trump and the majority of Americans despise so much.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Perfect example: Jeff Sessions was a hero member of the Trump Campaign above reproach ... until he actually started taking the reasonable, ethical road out of the muck by recusing himself from the Russia investigation at Justice, appointing Mueller, and actually maintaining a semblance of dignity as the Attorney General.

Now, he's trash, "the swamp" etc.

It's beyond ludicrous. Watch what happens when Pence sees his opening. LOL.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He was reasonable and ethical to a fault. That did not mesh with what president Trump was elected to do.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join