It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Investigation into the Lynch-Comey-Clinton Scandal Has Begun.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth

No one's going after Clinton, Comey or Lynch.

Except the House Judiciary Committee.

Are you sure?

I know you're from the UK Midlands and all *cough* but you may want to review the facts here before you speak.

Yeah - all reviewed. The House Judiciary Committee are going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch, so you were incorrect. The amendment has been passed and an official request has been made for a special counsel, quite apart from the next step to pass the bill through the house.

edit on 28/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Are you sure?

I know you're from the UK Midlands and all *cough* but you may want to review the facts here before you speak.

Yeah - all reviewed. The House Judiciary Committee are going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch, so you were incorrect. the amendment has been passed and an official request has been made for a special counsel, quite apart from the next step to pass the bill through the house.

Hmmm ... then perhaps you should review your English comprehenshion skills. The House Judiciary Committee's Republicans are grandstanding by amending a request for more documentation put forth by Democratic members of the Committee.

Did you notice that four members of the Committee have asked Jeff Sessions to appoint an investigator? Do you understand that the Department of Justice is not the US House of Representatives? (Or any Committee thereof?)

Do you understand any context here?

It doesn't seem like it.

Nothing will come of this, as nothing has come of any Republican "investigation" based on political motivations.

However, Mr. Trump now ... LOL ... that's apparently a different story for another thread.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Here, maybe this will assist your understanding ...

WASHINGTON
House Judiciary Committee Republicans Wednesday heeded President Donald Trump’s relentless calls for more investigations into Hillary Clinton, agreeing to seek documents relating to the FBI probe of her private email server.

"If it's in the public interest to investigate the Trump administration, it is most certainly in the public interest to investigate the real crimes by the real criminals," said Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., a committee member.

Trump has been prodding Attorney General Jeff Sessions via Twitter to revive an inquiry into the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee who lost the election to Trump. Clinton’s use of the private email server as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013 was investigated for months by the FBI.

Lawmakers had been resisting reopening inquiries into Clinton and Democrats’ conduct during the campaign. But judiciary committee Republicans seized an opportunity Wednesday after Democrats tried to win approval for a probe of Trump’s firing of former FBI Director James Comey in May.

McClatchy

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Are you sure?

Yeah - all reviewed. The House Judiciary Committee are going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch, so you were incorrect. the amendment has been passed and an official request has been made for a special counsel, quite apart from the next step to pass the bill through the house.

Hmmm ... then perhaps you should review your English comprehenshion skills. The House Judiciary Committee's Republicans are grandstanding by amending a request for more documentation put forth by Democratic members of the Committee.

Did you notice that four members of the Committee have asked Jeff Sessions to appoint an investigator? Do you understand that the Department of Justice is not the US House of Representatives? (Or any Committee thereof?)

Do you understand any context here?

It doesn't seem like it.

Nothing will come of this, as nothing has come of any Republican "investigation" based on political motivations.

However, Mr. Trump now ... LOL ... that's apparently a different story for another thread.

I understand perfectly well that you were incorrect.
The committee voted to amend the bill they were putting forward - change it in fact - to investigate Clinton, Comey and Lynch (amongst others).
A formal letter from the Committee has been sent to the DoJ to also request a special counsel to investigate.

So, the House Committee is going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch. Whether something comes of it, we will see. I was just pointing out your error (or lack of understanding).

You can get up to speed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I see that you are doing your usual song and dance and denying the obvious; I'm no longer interested in quibbling with those like you.

Have fun. We'll see what happens in a few months.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I see that you are doing your usual song and dance and denying the obvious; I'm no longer interested in quibbling with those like you.

Have fun. We'll see what happens in a few months.

No song and dance. You were incorrect.
The House Judicial Committee have put their amendments to the House - which includes investigating Comey, Clinton and Lynch - as well as requesting a Special Counsel. So they are going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch.

It's a pretty straightforward error you made, when saying no one is going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch, that I kindly corrected for you.

You can follow the progress of the bill here:
www.congress.gov...

...and we'll wait and see if the DoJ take action independently of the House, which they are fully entitled to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There appears to be two separate house actions here that people are confusing. One is HR 446 and H Res 446.

According to the congres.gov site, HR446 was passed without amendment, which is in reference to a hydroelectric project, and H Res 446 has not come up for a vote yet, which is in reference to the current issue we are talking about.

One is a bill and one is a resolution. The amended resolution does not appear to have been passed yet. Only the hydroelectric project bill has been passed.

www.congress.gov...

www.congress.gov...
edit on 28-7-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Did you read the text of what you linked?

Go one step beyond Google's front page for a change.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hi Intorvert! Good to see you.

UK's point, as usual, is a semantic one. The House Judiciary Committee is not investigating anyone is it?

Is there something I'm missing? The Committee's 15 Republicans swung around on the 13 Dems to warn them off going after Trump for firing Comey.

The Committee is not "reopening" any investigations into anyone as far as I can ascertain. Correct?

EDIT: Looking a bit closer, I don't think the most recent "amendments" are showing up on the congress.gov website yet.

The text of the resolution/bill still reflects a further investigation of the firing of Comey.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Hi Intorvert! Good to see you.

UK's point, as usual, is a semantic one. The House Judiciary Committee is not investigating anyone is it?

Is there something I'm missing? The Committee's 15 Republicans swung around on the 13 Dems to warn them off going after Trump for firing Comey.

The Committee is not "reopening" any investigations into anyone as far as I can ascertain. Correct?

The text of the amendment is yet to be updated with the amendments voted and passed in Committee, but they are all in the link I provided to the thread discussing this - along with a video of the Committee proceedings where the amendment was passed.

The House Judiciary Committee are indeed going after Clinton, Comey and Lynch (and others).

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

We'll see.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

There appears to be two separate house actions here that people are confusing. One is HR 446 and H Res 446.

According to the congres.gov site, HR446 was passed without amendment, which is in reference to a hydroelectric project, and H Res 446 has not come up for a vote yet, which is in reference to the current issue we are talking about.

One is a bill and one is a resolution. The amended resolution does not appear to have been passed yet. Only the hydroelectric project bill has been passed.

www.congress.gov...

www.congress.gov...

The only person who confused those was a poster who got the wrong bill and left deluded that the House Judicial Committee had not just changed their resolution to investigate Clinton, Comey, Lynch, The Clinton Foundation and Rice.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

We'll see.

We already have seen. Your point was that no one was going after Clinton, Comey, or Lynch - which was incorrect, like I said initially!

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I swear you just pop up out of the wood work to come derail perfectly legitimate discussions.

Almost like clockwork, in fact.

Your refusal to accept the reality of, well... reality... says a lot more about you than your post count on this forum.

Comey admitted to being a leaker but to you it's just a vast right wing conspiracy.

Susan Rice went on TV and admitted to the unmasking of people associated with Trump.

But to you it's Russia Russia Russia.

Huma Abedine circumvented Hillary's deleted classified emails by transferring them to her pefophile husband's computer.

DWS hired two Iraqi double agents as IT staffers for the DNC. They've been charged with multiple felonies, and one tried to flee the country.

But I'm sure you'll say she was just acting sympathetic to the Awan brothers because they have been unfairly targeted by GOP senators because they're bigoted towards muslims.

When are you going to say something intelligent?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'd ask our right-wing friends to remember what it means when something is "too good to be true" ... but I fear in their current state of reality-denial and delusion it would be wasted.

That said, why not investigate every Administration for the last few decades?

I'm sure there's all kinds of fun in the Bush Administrations 3 million or so missing emails ... we'll forget about government and openly admit that it's all just political theater.

That'd suit me just fine, it so happens.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Aside from your off-topic fanboy opinions and delusions of me ...

Care to quote something I've said that backs up this ridiculous regurgitation of nonsense that you've flung at the screen?

Or can we get back to discussing the actual topic which is nominally the political stunt that Republicans on the House Judicial Committee are trying to pull?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Care to quote something I've said that backs up this ridiculous regurgitation of nonsense that you've flung at the screen?

Or can we get back to discussing the actual topic which is nominally the political stunt that Republicans on the House Judicial Committee are trying to pull?

You can call it what you like, but it doesn't change the fact that the amendments were officially passed by a vote of 15-13 and the House will now vote to pass the resolution - or not.
The DoJ will also make a decision on whether to take up the Committee's official request to appoint a Special Counsel.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You can call it what you like, but it doesn't change the fact that the amendments were officially passed by a vote of 15-13 and the House will now vote to pass the resolution - or not.
The DoJ will also make a decision on whether to take up the Committee's official request to appoint a Special Counsel.

So you were mistaken again ... the House Judiciary Committee isn't investigating anyone?

Yes, I know. I told you that several posts ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Good to see you as well.

As far as I can tell, no. At least they are not investigating anyone in regards to what was amended.

The committee has passed the amended resolution, but it has not come up for a vote in the house yet.

That would be the next step.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Apparently some folks didn't bother to read the OP's citation ...

Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee voted Wednesday to request documents about former FBI director James B. Comey’s conversations with the Obama administration and journalists, amending and replacing a Democratic resolution that was designed to obtain documents about Comey’s firing by President Trump.

No one's investigating Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Comey, Rice, Lynch, or any other of the special "demons" for the American right-wing.

Reading is fundamental.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join