It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump donated his second quarter salary of 100 grand to education department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Really. This is like pocket money for a billionaire. Nevertheless, bravo for keeping his promise of not keeping his salary. At the same time, education department is cutting budget by several billion bucks to streamline and leave more decisions and funding to the states, making public schools more efficient and localized.

source

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Jul 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If I were a billionaire a $400,000 salary would be like me giving my spare change to a homeless guy at the convenient store.

Him not taking spare change is not that big of a deal and isn't much to be praised and him cutting the education budget by $9 billion pretty much nullifies this "good deed" in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Public schools should be localized, streamlined. Right now rich people don't send their kids to public schools because the service sucks. Cutting its budget and streamlining them, taking down bureaucracy and firing bad teachers, will go a long way to improving public schools.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
"but he's a bagillionaire!!! He should give MORE! How greedy of him!!!!!!!!"

No good deed goes unpunished.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's better than using political power to put money in the pockets of your pantsuit.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Rich people are not obligated to donate any of their money. Poor people never give any money to the rich.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If I were a billionaire a $400,000 salary would be like me giving my spare change to a homeless guy at the convenient store.

Him not taking spare change is not that big of a deal and isn't much to be praised and him cutting the education budget by $9 billion pretty much nullifies this "good deed" in my opinion.

Don't forget Trump isn't actually a billionaire. One of the reasons he won't give us his tax returns is because it will show he has a lot less money than he claims to have.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

He has plenty of pensions. He receives millions a year in pensions.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Seeing a lot of hate here for a good deed...

The education system is far too broken for some money to fix it, though.

Maybe getting some of the high paid directors out would go a ways.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Don't forget Trump isn't actually a billionaire. One of the reasons he won't give us his tax returns is because it will show he has a lot less money than he claims to have.

Tax returns don't show your net worth... just what you made in any given year.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think it's awesome that President Trump donated his quarterly salary, I don't think Obamas or any other President took the time to donate jack to any cause from their salaries. Trump has a good heart, he didn't have to do that. He has yet to take a salary pay being in the White House.
edit on 27-7-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Seeing a lot of hate here for a good deed...

The education system is far too broken for some money to fix it, though.

Maybe getting some of the high paid directors out would go a ways.

Please, by all means point out where this "hate" is?

I'm not seeing any?
edit on 27-7-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

We spend a lot of money on education to be far behind in it. Money isn't the issue.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
A friend of mine cornered me one day (lol, tricked me) into helping her mother move that weekend using my truck. I vehemently complained to my friend and she told her mother that I had complained and didn't want to do it. Truthfully I was mad and did not. But when I went over there she thanked me graciously knowing my insult. My friend confided in me later that she herself was reprimanded for causing me grief.

Why? Because nobody else offered to help her move. She truly appreciated it in spite of my words. You see, you should not accuse somebody (as most people accuse one another readily these days) that offers to help because some help is better than no help. Her mothers humility made me both ashamed and wiser that day.

The man gave something that truly helped somebody. He didn't have to. Why accuse him for not giving up his entire wealth? Be thankful he tried to help when so many do not.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Public schools should be localized, streamlined. Right now rich people don't send their kids to public schools because the service sucks. Cutting its budget and streamlining them, taking down bureaucracy and firing bad teachers, will go a long way to improving public schools.

So you want to pay overburdened and underpaid teachers even less?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

So basically he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with you. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Free market education is the way to go. Teachers don't get evaluated in public schools. This has to change as a first step to improving public education.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Free market education is the way to go. Teachers don't get evaluated in public schools. This has to change as a first step to improving public education.

Ah so you want schools for profit? I know where you're coming from now.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

$100,000 more than would have been donated if Hillary Clinton were President.

new topics

top topics

join