It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Non-Western Mandela Effect examples?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Seems they are correct, in a roundabout way.

www.google.com... d=chrome&ie=UTF-8

No! It's the Mandera Effect.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, clearly movies are a major effect because people love movies and watch repeatedly. Changes in movies and "stars" would be an easy to see change.
I saw a thread on a blog in NZ people remembering differences in an island and they had really good reason to be sure of the location as well as other geographical changes in their part of the world.
I have seen these instances from around the world of personal observation of changes it simply is not as easy as the entertainment because sometimes we don't notice changes unless someone mentions there has been a change.

Like I myself saw the Sally Field(s) acceptance speech, but I didn't know it had changed until someone put the "new speech" up. I have completely blown away since my whole Family had discussed her words after the show and felt embarrassed for the actress. Very simple words to mishear them by all of us.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

There is the crux of it in my opinion, and I have been trying to argue it for months now. It isn't so much about what the ME's are, Where they are, or who is experiencing them.

It is about the fact that it is happening, all over the place, to all sorts of people, period. You cannot possibly argue that it isn't happening, only the cause of it whether it be memory, confabulation, time travel, CERN, etc.

So maybe the important lesson is just that we should all be paying attention to the world around us and come to terms with the fact that it isn't nearly what we think it is. Because we all know it isn't what we think it is, Science, Philosophy, and Logic have shown us this for centuries but instead we all live in agreed upon lie about the illusions.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I have seen these instances from around the world of personal observation of changes it simply is not as easy as the entertainment because sometimes we don't notice changes unless someone mentions there has been a change.

you have just shown how false memories can be implanted into people minds.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Of course the South Africans did it.
The price was their collective cultural memories.
The only remaining mystery (to me) is why it's taking you guys so long to figure this out.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Also, personal changes we see in our own lives, we don't share them for an obvious reason. There will be no one else to ask did you see this too. You live with it and accept it privately. To many People who would just call you crazy so why bother talking about those kinds of changes.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I think the question is: where are the non USA conspiracy forum member, examples

99.9999% of the population have never heard of this, and of those who have, the majority think its just a bunch of gulible Americans .....

Its considered slightly more funny than the flat earth conspiracy

But .....

If 100 people who believe in the Mandela Effect all, independently, record, under controlled circumstances (having had no proven previous communication), who the SA president was in 1995, and they all agree ..... then we may take you seriously. Its not that hard to organise ... given the gravity of the issue.

Oddly, so far as I am aware, not one single person has ever proferred this simple piece of inforrmation. Why? Think about it!

edit on 27-7-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2017 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

99.9999% of the population have never heard of this, and of those who have, the majority think its just a bunch of gulible Americans .....

Any proof of this statement?

Organizing is difficult, not easy. Many have run polls with many thousands responding but they are scattered everywhere.
Over 5,000 answered on the Bernstein bear name just this one pole.
www.mandela-effect.net...

One study examined people who were familiar with the clock at Bologna Centrale railway station, which had been damaged in the Bologna massacre of 1980. In the study, 92% falsely remembered that the clock had remained stopped since the bombing; in fact, the clock was repaired shortly after the attack but was again stopped 16 years later as a symbolic commemoration.[28]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

so me and another member stumbled onto this ourselves.

"mirror mirror on the wall..." but the mean witch says "magic mirror on the wall."

so whats interesting about that?
in Every other language the first two words are the same.. as in it says mirror mirror not magic mirror in every language ive seen so far..

similar to "interview with a vampire."
in many other languages it still says "interview with a vampire." we have interview with the vampire instead.

I dont know its... odd.

i found the mirror mirror thing in youtube comments i forget which video probably a "mirror mirror ME" video.. people from all over said how to say in their language and translated it to english i compiled about 10 languages and theur direct translations.. None of them match the english in the movie...

I dont know what that means but on a personal level that one and Kit-kat bars dilemna... tidycats went to tidy cat and that pissed me off i went on about it for a week only for it to freaking change back... back to tidycats from tidycat..

im baffled but i stopped focusing on it.
feels psy opish
or like something if you research to hard you might go.nutty..

I found this site interesting:

www.debunkingmandelaeffects.com...

though it is somewhat amusing people poimting out "its always been this way" as proof that its always been this way.. the effect real or not is something that changes now but that change takes effect from the beginning of that time.. think time travker from today goes back in time and releases mandela and that timline plays out up till now and im like wait that guy died Again!!

i dont know if i belive the effect is real or not.
i know fir a fact there was a movie called jupiter rising not jupiter ascending. there are even people askimg online ... " why is ther a preview for both jupiter rising and jupiter ascending?"

i saw the damn trailer in the moview theater went home to googke to look fir it that night.. googke didnt know what i meant.. did not redirect to ascending even... now effed up part that movie was coming out in the summer.. well it came out the next year in february and that movie theater that i had lifetime free tickets too and was thete every few days... they never showed another trailer for rising or ascending..

something happened.. maybe it was avoifing a lawsuit but to me its just too odd..

it has that issue where all the urls and headers tend to say rising and google preview shows rising in places like forbes and new york times in articles written around when the movie came out, some as reviews days after the movie was out show rising..

how do so many high level places like new york times and forbes all get the name wrong??

i dunno..
i dont think you can prove this ME thing one way or anothrr because realitically the only evidence left is "all in your head." like sand slipping through your fingers your perception of the past shifts.. but who is truly remembering right??
edit on 27-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Dammit, you countered my not-glib-enough remark with the take-him-seriously gambit

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
the whole ME thing is bunk because people would rather believe that they cannot, possibly, ever, be wrong than admit that they could just be remembering something incorrectly.

As other posters have commented, if it was real then it wouldn't just be western (mostly USA) people noticing these things. It would be world wide.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Any proof of this statement?

Organizing is difficult, not easy. Many have run polls with many thousands responding but they are scattered everywhere.
Over 5,000 answered on the Bernstein bear name just this one pole.
www.mandela-effect.net...

One study examined people who were familiar with the clock at Bologna Centrale railway station, which had been damaged in the Bologna massacre of 1980. In the study, 92% falsely remembered that the clock had remained stopped since the bombing; in fact, the clock was repaired shortly after the attack but was again stopped 16 years later as a symbolic commemoration.[28]

en.wikipedia.org...

So that would be over 5000 people who already believe in this crap because of its popularity on sites like these...and therefore GO LOOKING FOR IT and others who believe the same. A perfect example of confirmation bias.

And come on, 5000 people isn't exactly a large number considering the nearly 8 billion of the world population.

All it takes is one person, one time, to post on a site like this "OMG I don't remember things this way therefore it must be CERN !!!!!1111111oneone".....then suddenly everyone who also remembers something wrong has confirmation bias because someone else believes the same. Then more people come along and confirm, it for them, even though its often a completely different detail about something else... etc etc.

So my question to all the ME believers is : before you heard of ME, which is a very recent concept what did you think when you noticed a detail was different to what you remembered it to be? Did you merely silently accept it as an incorrect memory without there being some conspiracy behind it?

PEople have been remembering things wrong for thousands of years. Its nothing new or spooky
edit on 28-7-2017 by MasterAtArms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Totally agree. I have asked that very same question to a number of ME believers...never did get an answer. or it's well I don't know much about South African politics, but I know that Mandela died in the 80's...Even when you press them for an exact year, they don't know or can't remember, yet they insist they remember him dying, but seemingly nothing else.

And no one I have ever come across from South Africa believes that Mandela died in prison, because they all know that he was eventually released and then went on to become president.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
So my question to all the ME believers is : before you heard of ME, which is a very recent concept what did you think when you noticed a detail was different to what you remembered it to be? Did you merely silently accept it as an incorrect memory without there being some conspiracy behind it?

On a personal level, I tend to make a mental note and carry on. The ME, reminds me of experiences from the more spiritual side of life.

I don't feel like I need to accept or deny each difference per se. I'll tell myself to be aware of the observations others make offline. Then see what comes up.

In a more general sense, I see this phenomena as a byproduct of the collective unconscious waking up to a deeper awareness of it's self. The issues and ideas revolving around this discussion bring up the kinds of existential issues individuals face, only now more as a collective experience.

The questions that are raised may be wise, in the light of our development in scientific, spiritual, and environmental challenges moving forward.

Imo, culture comes into this too.I feel those who live in Eastern cultures may be more comfortable with a more fluid perspective of time, and hence memory for example.(Ganesha, I'm thinking about you
)

Depending on the effect in question, it may be easier to accept/deny. One offs for example.

I don't feel at this time there is a conspiracy involved. I'll practice remaining vigilant and playing the cards life deals me...

edit on 28-7-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Spacing, grammar

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

I guess you didn't check the link, part of those who voted do remember as the majority, as yourself. They are open minded enough to check into this it seems. You can see the issue here, people try to organize a site and figure out whats happening and according to you only nuts go seek it out (although you did seek it out here). The truth is People will just continue to not see anything but what the mainstream tells them is true. If reality shifted the majority will ignore every aspect of it even if they see things wrong in their own world. Denial is the safest place.
edit on 28-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

originally posted by: MasterAtArms

On a personal level, I tend to make a mental note and carry on. The ME, reminds me of experiences from the more spiritual side of life.

I don't feel like I need to accept or deny each difference per se. I'll tell myself to be aware of the observations others make offline. Then see what comes up.

In a more general sense, I see this phenomena as a byproduct of the collective unconscious waking up to a deeper awareness of it's self. The issues and ideas revolving around this discussion bring up the kinds of existential issues individuals face, only now more as a collective experience.

The questions that are raised may be wise, in the light of our development in scientific, spiritual, and environmental challenges moving forward.

Imo, culture comes into this too.I feel those who live in Eastern cultures may be more comfortable with a more fluid perspective of time, and hence memory for example.(Ganesha, I'm thinking about you
)

Depending on the effect in question, it may be easier to accept/deny. One offs for example.

I don't feel at this time there is a conspiracy involved. I'll practice remaining vigilant and playing the cards life deals me...

I have seen and made a lot of posts on this topic, and you just verbalized what I have been trying and failing to convey the whole time. Bravo.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

And no one I have ever come across from South Africa believes that Mandela died in prison, because they all know that he was eventually released and then went on to become president.

How can you know? Have you asked millions of people?
Perhaps not a single person in millions has what it takes to say they believe their President died in prison and that has now changed.

We don't spend a lot of time in the USA of foreign language websites.
By the way, I also did not believe Mandela died in prison so that means nothing.

If only ONE thing has changed for me and some other people it means something. Every single person I know both old and young remember clearly the monical on the monopoy banker it means something.
edit on 28-7-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
A lot of non-western countries have government control of the official version of things. I would expect there are many cases that would appear to us as ME but to those living in it, probably see it as today's version of what the government says.

What comes to mind is a recent story where all references to pandas in conjunction with president Xi were removed.

EDIT: it wasn't pndas, it was Winnie the Pooh. Source AOL.com

I presume I'm not the only one who found the glaring irony in the above post fairly amusing?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterAtArms

Myself I realized something odd happened and go on with life as I do after people put a name to it and more widespread things have been changed outside my own home and life.

You will find throughout the ATS history numerous threads on people having odd things happen, things leaving, reappearing, people changing, places changing tons of examples all along and no one really called them nuts because it has happened to everyone at some time or another.

I would bet at this point many or most people won't discuss this issue any longer they are tired of the response.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join