It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump and the republican congress are…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 26-7-2017 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In this OP I offer clear and succinct proof of my assertions not emotional ramblings…

Everything we enjoy in this country along the lines of economic and social progress is do to liberal progressive issues and everything we lack in that regard is do to the opposition of republican conservative politicians.

That’s objective fact!

Can anyone show us one issue where the republican philosophy has led the way in any social or economic progress for anybody?!

Maybe the old republican, ex-quarterback congressman Jack Kemp with his economic zone idea was a good one for a republican, indeed, I will admit in past decades there were decent republicans who had half-way decent ideas once in a while.

But NOT today where practically all of them are ONLY for the rich, and one wonders why they are even in politics!

Along with the confidence man Trump this country is in for a big, big fall.

Unless we get lucky

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

All about taking health care away from millions of people with their Trump-no care bill going through the republican led congress.

Dems passed ACA on a lie, and its driven up costs for millions and is collapsing.

All about taking the rights away from thousands of transgender people in the military.

Dems are all about pushing idenity politics and dividing us; Obamas trans military bill that started that is part of this.

All about bringing back the failed war on drugs.

Dems had control of congress and Presidency and continued the war on drugs too.

All about rejecting the certain science of global warming thereby endangering the whole planet

Dems are all about telling us poor peons that we need to pay more and change our lives to stop global warming, all the while flying around on jets, saying we would be under the ocean by now, and adjusting models to fit their preconceived conclusions to raise more money off of the the middle class.

All about throwing out thousands of immigrant children out of the country or separating parents from children

Dems are all about screwing over legal immigrants by desiring open borders and rewarding illegals that jump past the legals, all the while living in communities ithat are gated and accept no illegals.

All about discriminating against Muslim people from 7 countries

Dems created that list of countries, and are call ISIS JV and belittle the deaths of radical islamic terrorists.

All about regressive, backward motion of American progress

Dems are all about identity politics, dividing people by race, class, sexual preference, etc. The call progress rioting and beating political opponents, they demand safe spaces, they push for academic curriculum that blame whiteness and patriarchy for everything.

Just wait to we get the tax cuts for the rich

Dems like shouting about how everyone needs to pay more taxes and how evil the rich are, all the while accepting record donations from wall st and making millions themselves while taking every tax cut possible.

Seems like both sides have their flaws, huh.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Willtell

This would be better classified under the rant section methinks.

Nothing you listed is substantiated and is extremely subjective. Good luck.

Of course it's not substantiated, and of course it's subjective, but that's pretty much SOP for the regressive Left. It doesn't really matter if the talking points are "real" or not, they just feel the need to SAY stuff. Over and over.

Because TRUMP!

And Willtell, I'm not digging on you in particular, brother. I respect you, and enjoy your posts, even when/if we disagree. I just think OPs like this just come across (at least to me) as a disingenuous regurgitation of unsubstantiated regressive left exaggerations, key-word talking points, and half-truths.

I realize that you guys lost the election, and all of you are pissed about it, but I swear, sometimes I get the impression that most of you on the left would really rather have the whole world implode, than for Trump to succeed!!

Would you?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
They ALWAYS have fought tooth and nail against social and human progress.

They originally fought:

…social security

…. national health insurance, their fighting right now

…Unemployment insurance

…raising the minimum wage

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

…Always fight like wild dogs for tax cuts for the rich

On and on and Trump latches on like a leech to this moral turpitude

And while we are talking about the history of parties, why no mention of the Democrats supporting Jim crow and slavery and the republicans fighting against it.

Oh thats right, you just want to pick and chose parts from history.

You sound soooooo reasonable.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

Of course it's not substantiated, and of course it's subjective, but that's pretty much SOP for the regressive Left. It doesn't really matter if the talking points are "real" or not, they just feel the need to SAY stuff. Over and over.

Because TRUMP!

And Willtell, I'm not digging on you in particular, brother. I respect you, and enjoy your posts, even when/if we disagree. I just think OPs like this just come across (at least to me) as a disingenuous regurgitation of unsubstantiated regressive left exaggerations, key-word talking points, and half-truths.

I realize that you guys lost the election, and all of you are pissed about it, but I swear, sometimes I get the impression that most of you on the left would really rather have the whole world implode, than for Trump to succeed!!

Would you?

Have you ever counted the amount of?

Liberal this

Liberals are dogs

Liberals are evil

Liberals are this and that to beat the ban on this forum

Once in a while I return the venom, though, what I try to do is intelligently done.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

They originally fought:

…social security

…Unemployment insurance

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

And while we are talking about the history of parties, why no mention of the Democrats supporting Jim crow and slavery and the republicans fighting against it.

Of course that’s bad, and if I were on the ATS of the 18 and 1960’s I would condemn that.

And of course I condemn it now.

But were talking about topical republicans

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Can anyone tell us one thing republicans have done beside opposing progress?

All they do is oppose and eventually come along with the progress.

Liberalism, of course is far from perfect, I admit, but at least it tries to help people.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

They originally fought:

…social security

…Unemployment insurance

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

Of course that’s bad, and if I were on the ATS of the 18 and 1960’s I would condemn that.

Oh. So please provide me the current republicans that voted against social security.

Funny how you want to go back that far in time to say republicans are always evil.

You mention opposing social security, which was in 1935, but talking about democratic support of slavery and Jim crow (which was going on after 1935) is going back too far?

You are not interested in a rational discussion; you are interested in pushing a partisan narrative and calling anyone who disagrees with you names.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I always said, there wasn't a purging law republicans didn't like.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

In this OP I offer clear and succinct proof of my assertions not emotional ramblings…

Read the OP again. No sources and only emotional ramblings.

That’s objective fact!

Wrong again. That is your subjective truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

They originally fought:

…social security

…Unemployment insurance

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

Oh. So please provide me the current republicans that voted against social security.

Funny how you want to go back that far in time to say republicans are always evil.

You mention opposing social security, which was in 1935, but talking about democratic support of slavery and Jim crow (which was going on after 1935) is going back too far?

You are not interested in a rational discussion; you are interested in pushing a partisan narrative and calling anyone who disagrees with you names.

That’s sounds reasonable on its face but you have to mark on a scale here to get the right perspective.

First, the SS issue is still in our era as averse the civil war.

Also the gop are always trying to cut it.

Second, the pattern, topically, is still is being set by the gop in their opposition to real credible health care.

I don't call posters names btw. Sometimes I get in the mud with insulting posts( but I never start it) or I may call a politician a name or two

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

They originally fought:

…social security

…Unemployment insurance

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

That’s sounds reasonable on its face but you have to mark on a scale here to get the right perspective.

First, the SS issue is still in our era as averse the civil war.

Also the gop are always trying to cut it.

Second, the pattern, topically, is still is being set by the gop in their opposition to real credible health care.

I don't call posters names btw. Sometimes I get in the mud with insulting posts( but I never start it) or I may call a politician a name or two

I must have imagined you calling trump supporters stupid or raving and claiming they only believe in themselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

Because TRUMP!

Would you?

Have you ever counted the amount of?

Liberal this

Liberals are dogs

Liberals are evil

Liberals are this and that to beat the ban on this forum

Once in a while I return the venom, though, what I try to do is intelligently done.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire

Umm, dude, pull up!

I don't think I said anything even remotely like that!? How do you get from there to here? I even went out of my way to emphasize that fact. In my opinion, all name calling does is bring attention to a weak argument. You see it countless times a day every day here from the left (not specifically you, but those that do it know who they are, you know, only the Left's real intellectual elite)

It's always Drumph, Trumpets, Trumpkins, cheetos, orange, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, now THAT shows REAL intellectual capacity. Anybody want to chime in here? I know I'm missing some of them, and anyone clever enough to come up with gems like these should be applauded for the absolutely MASSIVE intellect required. I should write them down so I don't forget...

Also, you said:

"Liberals are this and that to beat the ban on this forum"

I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.

And of course, you're under no obligation to do so, but would you, or could you, answer my question? I'm curious as to your thoughts on it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You can't reason with Leftists, their entire philosophy is that their fellow citizens are evil, and only powerful politicians and bureaucrats are worthy of making decisions for the population. Just how the rich and powerful have always wanted it.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The democrats fought civil rights tooth and nail.a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fun fact that can sum up Trump quite easily: ON this day last year (July 27, 2016) in a campaign speech, Trump endorsed Russian hacking and espionage as a way to "find those Clinton emails". One year later, he calls the investigation into Russian hacking, espionage, and collusion a witch hunt.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. He has proven to be the very POS he appeared to be when he encouraged Russia to interfere in the first place.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
The democrats fought civil rights tooth and nail.a reply to: Willtell

You do understand that until the very late 1960's, democrats were the more conservative of the two parties, especially on social issues. Since then, the two have swapped out, and now it's the conservatives who are against everything that isn't old, right, straight male, and Caucasian.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Fun fact that can sum up Trump quite easily: ON this day last year (July 27, 2016) in a campaign speech, Trump endorsed Russian hacking and espionage as a way to "find those Clinton emails". One year later, he calls the investigation into Russian hacking, espionage, and collusion a witch hunt.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. He has proven to be the very POS he appeared to be when he encouraged Russia to interfere in the first place.

Fun fact: Democrats feign to not understand jokes.

If a celebrity or politician says they want to kill trump, burn the white house, or have a coup, they know this is a joke.

But trump jokes about russia, well this was obviously him telling russia to hack hillary. I mean it makes sense for him to do this publicly with the whole world watching, rather than ask Putin in private.

But keep feigning ignorance of this. You will continue to lose elections over and over again with this behavior.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

They originally fought:

…social security

…Unemployment insurance

….Child labor laws

….Unions

…Equal pay for woman

This post is a reminder to myself that there is a reason that wisdom comes with age.

I'm not OLD by any stretch. I suppose I'm in the early part of "middle aged" but places like ATS and this thread serve as a reminder that people who only see a "single snapshot in time" simply don't have the ability to speak wisely about vast and far reaching issues. It's not that they are bad or stupid, simply ignorant because they haven't personally witnessed the history of how we have gotten to where we are.

If a person doesn't have the backdrop of experience behind them, how can they possibly see what is in front of them?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join