It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military readiness my foot... What is Trumps real reason???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
To please his supporters which he has.
Says a lot really about them.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I disagree with this...

Bullets , beans, bandages and bodies wins wars. It helps and has won some wars. Of course sheer numbers give you a huge advantage but....

...History has shown us the value of strategy and leadership. For historical records we need only look at Napolean and Hannibal for two examples of generals who lacked man power and logistics yet found ways to win many battles and wars.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I don't know..

He had a lot of moderate supporters..

Maybe most of them have already jumped ship, but ....

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

No you can win a battle without the 4 Bs...

Both Hannibal and Napoleon lost their wars and were arguably the best tacticians in history..

And why did they lose their wars??

You can throw nazi Germany in the mix as well... tactics won at first.. then the 4 Bs kicked them in the throat.

They lost the ability to produce the 4 Bs...

You just made my point better than I did really.

PS I am the biggest damn Hannibal fan on the planet lol.. I get a little buzz just thinking about him..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The real reason? Maybe the Generals and other military management simply DO NOT LIKE TRANSGENDERS.

Stop the press - folks exist that don't like Transgenders or anything they represent - some folks need to deal with that reality - this ain't about some vast majority of humans that's being put-down-hard here, it's about a war machine and how that war machine has no interest in stroking the gender identity some humans are struggling with.

Get over it, transgenders are not welcome in the military - THE MILITARY GENERALS have deemed this to be so.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

No I am pleading the efficiency case.. the only case that really matters..

Every combat able troop working a cash register is inefficient..

What if the best drone pilot on the planet is trans??

Still kick him even though it is likely to cost lives??

Making absolute decisions is always stupid..
edit on 26-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's all about funding. Well that and some people, Republicans within office don't want Trans people in the military. Or probably anywhere else for that matter.

Enough of them got together and made it known to Trump that either he stopped the Trans in the Military idea or he wouldn't get funding for his wall. Trump chose funding for his wall and said f*ck the Trans in the military.

Pretty simple. Logical. Happens all the time. That's how politics works after all. You want to do something, it takes money and congress holds that money and decides where it goes.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Makes sense..

I kinda wonder if it isn't to quiet opposition to firing sessions as well

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You didn't answer it in the other thread when I said it so I'll repeat it here -

In one breath we have people saying how there's so few trans in the military that the cost to admit/care for them would be a drop in the bucket.

In the next breath we have folks like you trying to make it sound like if the entirety of this group were to be kicked out of the military tomorrow, the military would suddenly cease to be mission ready because of "all the jobs" trans people fill.

Which is it?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Don't be the least bit surprised if the DoD is scrambling to make this tweet decree happen.

I won't be!
That's exactly what's happening.

link   
Corporal Maxwell Q. Klinger did JUST FINE in M.A.S.H.

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But the war machine cares about stoking the ego of its homophobes??

Not that is a pot calling the kettle black if I have ever heard one..

You know the military felt the same about including blacks right??

So should we have listened then as well???

Less than half the military doesn't want them.

Some one posted earlier that 12% are for it, 41% against and the rest don't care..

So that's 59% who are not against it...

So should the military be lessened on the personal beliefs of the 41% of snowflakes??

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I'm sure he's hoping the distraction will help in some way too. Give the people something to talk about and discuss without ever letting them know what's really going on. Seems to be his MO.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that we should assign trans people watered down roles in the military?

Clerks and cooks you say, eh?

Seems kinda bigoted. Give that limp-wristed guy in the skirt a job in the kitchen!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

No one has said that that I have seen...

I never claimed they would stop being effective.. just that it is almost impossible to see how they could be MORE effective with less recruits available to them..

A) they have a smaller pool to recruit from.. not super smaller, but smaller.

B) now people who could be in combat units will have to fill the holes in more logistical positions..

C) absolutes always hurt you.. NO transgenders is an absolute...

What if the best sniper on the planet is trans one day??

What if the best drone pilot, or accountant, or stock clerk, engineer or electronics person on the planet is trans???

So do we still not use them when they would doubtlessly increase the military's effectiveness???

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's nothing but a distraction.
No one's talking about Jeff Sessions today are they?
Nope push the health-care debate. Wait for congress to recess and wham. Put someone in who will fire Bob Mueller.
But he's not going to end any investigation. He's only going to cause them to fine tune it.
Today he said no one but Abraham Lincoln was a better president. No one was more presidential.
That statement says it all. What an ass. What an ego.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It's about funding and winning a cheap political victory for himself. The Wall and it's funding is a big deal to him and his supporters and he'll do anything to try and achieve that.

Trump banned trans people from the military to get funding for his stupid wall
www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Im saying I would bet dollars to donuts they already do...

If the best sniper on the planet is trans one day, do they not use them???

What about the best anything??

Absolutes are always a bad idea.. it doesn't give you the flexibility to deal with unforeseen variables.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

NO WAY HE SAID THAT?!?!

BWAHAHAHA!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

But this is a distraction that will piss off way more than it makes happy..

Even in the military if these numbers are right, he only makes 41% of them happy..

59% could turn against him.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join