It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military readiness my foot... What is Trumps real reason???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't know why trump has decided to drop his no transgenders in the military policy position, but it sure as hell isnt military readiness...

All conflicts are won with the 4 Bs..

Bullets , beans, bandages and bodies.

Whoever can produce the most wins 95% of the time and now we can produce less of all 4...

So I'm not seeing any increase in military readiness to be had..

First off I seriously doubt they were putting any trans people in combat positions to begin with. We have a GINORMOUS military that requires a mountain of logistical support.

You need cooks , clerks , pilots , drivers and thousands of other people to provide the platform to keep our military running.

Every trans person they fire will likely require we transfer a combat ready person to work in the PX as a cashier or stock clerk.

So on what planet does lessening the potential pool you can recruit from increase military readiness?????

For a historical example..

Part of the reason Germany lost WW2 is because because they underestimated the number of soldiers Russia could produce by nearly half.....

Germany only sent the troops to deal with the number of fighting Age males in Russia. They never imagained Russia would mobilize their entire population..

They put every man, woman and even more than a few children and elderly into service.

And Germany was crushed.

So if there is math that shows less troops fighting for you is a good thing I would love to hear it...

So assuming this has jack $((1T to with readiness, what is the real reason???

A distraction from the Russian investigation??

A distraction from healcare so trump care can be passed??

Thoughts?

Absolutes are always a bad idea and NO trans people in the military is an absolute..

What happens if the best sniper or drone pilot on the planet is trans???

Still don't allow them in??

edit on 26-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I will be frank, I have no axe to grind because I don't really care one way or another, but it's really not that hard to figure out why he banned transexuals in the military. Stop and think.

He's abdicating to someone or some bodies. Whether that be special interest groups or political insiders, is a side note. It's the way the government has operated for decades.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

He hasn't seemed to care about them so far.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
But surely it was because they'd distract members of the Army in the front line... that's what the cavemen on here believe anyway.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
the military is about war and killing not about your feelings

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just ran across this article that might give some insight into what's going on behind the scenes:
www.politico.com...

To sum it up, Trump is banning transgender troops to end an internal fight that would prevent him from getting the funds to begin building his wall.

I stated in another post that something about this just doesn't feel right. Reread Trump's original post on Twitter, then compare it to other recent posts he's made. He has a specific writing style on Twitter, which the post regarding the banning of transgender troops does not follow. Either he posted what someone else wrote (without adding his own comments, which seems unlikely), or someone else posted the message using his account, which is concerning on it's own.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I doubt seriously they are using them on the frontline.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Transgender people in the military are simply surplus to requirements. There is no need for them, therefore there should be no obligation to have them. They should be refused admittance on whatever grounds the military deem sufficient and the story should end right there.

It's the military, not society.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

He didn't get his way on the Congressional floor yesterday. Repeal & Replace failed and Trump is taking his revenge.

Quid Pro Quo!

He surprised the Pentagon with his announcement this morning, and now they have to work out "legal paths" to implement his strange edict. In the meantime, thousands of trans men and women stationed overseas are left not knowing their immediate futures!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Trump proclaimed this through a fricken tweet. Not through the WH's normal communication channels. A tweet.

In short, this tweet was meant as nothing more than a distraction from his woes. Only time will show how long it lasts.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

To sum it up, Trump is banning transgender troops to end an internal fight that would prevent him from getting the funds to begin building his wall.

I thought Mexico was going to pay for the border wall?! But now we learned, along it was the transgender military folk that are paying!
edit on 26-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

www.militarytimes.com...

41% of active duty servicemen said Obama's policy change allowing transgenders into service hurt the military, 12% said it helped, and the rest cited no change. That's why this IS about military readiness. 41% of our troops didn't like the change at all and, when paired with the 47% that didn't care one way or the other about the policy change, you've got 88% of the troops who will be happy with Trump's decision against 12% who won't be. Numbers win everytime.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

It seems like an incredibly irreverent method to alert the American people to such an important move! But, according to White House Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, it's happening!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

There are 1000 jobs that NEED to be done without touching combat..

Mechanics , cooks, engineers, , exc..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread Josh, one that you probably haven't frequented

And I will agree, it was a distraction; can you tell me why???

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

41% of every industry doesn't like some policy or the other..

All that actually matters is efficiency.

If 41% decides they don't like black People (and I bet the real number was WAY higher during segregation) do we ban them???

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe to quiet opposition to firing sessions??a reply to: iWontGiveUP

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Supposedly he changed his position with Trans in the Military in order to secure funding for his boarder wall. Allegedly there were some anti-trans republicans who were saying they weren't going to allow funding for his wall unless he changed his position, which he did.

Sounds exactly like how things work in politics actually and is most likely correct.

www.politico.com...
edit on 26-7-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What else could Huckabee possibly say given her position of press secretary? Brush aside the president's tweets as nothing more than mere musings...

Don't be the least bit surprised if the DoD is scrambling to make this tweet decree happen.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Jonjonj

There are 1000 jobs that NEED to be done without touching combat..

Mechanics , cooks, engineers, , exc..

You are pleading special case privilege here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join