It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ozark.. Breaking bad lite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
anyone watching this?
its actually a pretty good show. ruth is awesome.

www.imdb.com...

The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for all intents and purposes, an ordinary family with ordinary lives. Except for the job of Marty, a Chicago financial advisor who also serves as the top money launderer for the second largest drug cartel in Mexico. When things go awry, Marty must uproot his family from the skyscrapers of Chicago and relocate to the lazy lake region of the Missouri Ozarks.

this wont spoil but it should be noted. that makes it seem like he goes under or something but he dont. the premise is he moves to the ozarks so he can set up an operation.

has the breaking bad vibe.

if you watch you will see what i mean but move that comparison aside and its still a good show.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wow, looks intense and good, thx fer the head's up.
I just started watching Goliath and Sneaky Pete too from Amazon and enjoy them as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Will check it out - thanks for the recommendation... the reviews seem pretty good.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wasn't feeling good the day it was released and watched the whole season in 3 days. lol

I thought it was fantastic! huge Jason Bateman fan.

and, yes, ruth's character is bad ass - what a good little actor she is!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I watched the season over the past couple days and i thought it was pretty fantastic. Brought things to mind I had never thought of before. +1!

Netflix continues killing it. Their series' dominate most things on TV.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yup on the last one. Really enjoying it I have to say Bateman is becoming a fine actor.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
Wow, looks intense and good, thx fer the head's up.
I just started watching Goliath and Sneaky Pete too from Amazon and enjoy them as well.

dude i loved goliath.
great one

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I binged it, and LOVED this show. Ruthie, dang she is an awesome character.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah, finished it the other day. Great show. I despised Ruth at first but grew to like her, a sign of good character development. Jason Bateman is excellent in it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Really good show. I'm lovin it. Still watching so glad to see no spoilers posted here.

Jason Bateman is great. I see him winning an Emmy for his role. His acting in the first episode was the best performance i've seen from him.
edit on 26-7-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

great show so far. batemans best acting so far.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just about to watch the season 1 finale.
Really good show - hope there is a season 2.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Just watched the 1st episode. Pretty intense.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
a reply to: UKTruth

Just watched the 1st episode. Pretty intense.

Yeah I watched the whole series in a few days after seeing it recommended. Initially just checked it out... Then got hooked.

Not announced yet whether there will be a series 2 but I expect there will be.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Finally ran through the first season, in two days! Great show and this could very well fill in the breaking bad emptyness. Parts of it also reminded me of sons, banshee and justified which is a bonus. I think we're truly living in the golden age of television right now and with Netflix (and other networks) banging out these new series at such a rapid pace it makes the wait for each show easier since there's hardly a dull moment , even in the summer. This is the age of instant everything where we receive and finish whole seasons in a day. It's funny, just a week ago I had no idea show existed and now it's been added to my wait-list for next summer. I expect more surprises like that as the year goes on.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just finished it. Great show. I gave it a 5/5 on their rating system. And that finale. Wow. I cringed one moment. Jaw dropped at another moment. To being disgusted. Tears in my eyes another time or two. It was great! Don't know how season 2, if there is one, could top it, but I am looking forward to it anyway.

new topics

top topics

join