It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Manned NASA Mission to Mars 1973 ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Could it be that us common people are only shown a small portion of the truth, when it comes to exploration of space.
This video suggest we had a manned mission to Mars in the 70´s.

In 1970 there was an alleged secret joint US-Russian mission called “Project Redsun” that was said to have taken Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, who would be accompanied by a Russian cosmonaut, on a manned mission to Mars, which was said to have launched from an “isolated location” in Brazil. While the first of the "Redsun" missions were information gathering missions, by 1973 the aim was to land a man on Mars itself.

There is little known about the alleged missions, but apparent leaked footage has surfaced of the ISV Columbus consisting of Elliott See (commander), William B. Rutledge (pilot) and Vladimir Ilyushin that was said to have launched in August 1973. The 3-minute clip below was supposedly leaked from a collection of 16mm archival footage used in the training of NASA astronauts and Air Force pilots.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Interesting, and fairly well done. But a hoax, in my opinion, because although the film-makers have given it a loving "found footage" feel throughout, they have mistakenly provided a moment of 'sprocket holes in view' in which the sprocket holes of the film run horizontally across the top and bottom of the screen, instead of vertically on either side of the screen. Schoolboy error.

There are other mistakes, but I'm not going to list them here since it would only help hoaxers to construct more convincing hoaxes.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
WOAH

If this is legit............... Woah......

I can't tell if it's fake or not, I'll leave that to the expert debunkers here.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry but looks fake to me with all the shaky images it appears some one edited together some original appollo footage with some mars reconnaissance orbiter footage.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
*SIGH*

Yeah, we've been and are on Mars...

But NOT with this program...

Misinformation. Disinformation.

They're cleaning up Mars right NOW for the "first official" human landing.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
I read the comments on the Youtube video.
Someone quickly noticed that the robot arm from the ISS is what was used as part of the 'Mars spacecraft' in the manipulated footage.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Was made by this guy The Faking Hoaxer
www.youtube.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

he also done this.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
Interesting, and fairly well done. But a hoax, in my opinion, because although the film-makers have given it a loving "found footage" feel throughout, they have mistakenly provided a moment of 'sprocket holes in view' in which the sprocket holes of the film run horizontally across the top and bottom of the screen, instead of vertically on either side of the screen. Schoolboy error.

There are other mistakes, but I'm not going to list them here since it would only help hoaxers to construct more convincing hoaxes.

I believe it to be a hoax too!
BUT,in my opinion !
YOU might be a dis-informing agent!
LOL
This wiil be in hoax bin!
I hope you know i was trying to be funny!

edit on 26-7-2017 by DEANORULES24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2017 by DEANORULES24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
As a pilot, the first thing I would think would be, "Why am I seeing this crappy segment", and secondly, "why are they still using a PotatoCam for video taping in 1970?"

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Now that is interesting

where did you find this out?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I was just going back over some old tapes that Rich Planet put into one of his presentations that had a gentleman by the name of William Hamilton who states he has a taped conversation with a AirForce officer who "claims" to have been to Mars..

By all accounts if this type of expedition was going on NASA probably would not be involved, seems they are simply a front for the "secret" space program that is run more likely by the NSA "they claim"....

Lots of conjecture but some of the tech that was spoken of decades ago has started to come to light, maybe something maybe nothing....

EDIT added vid for reference

No doubt it is very well known to the folks here,

RA
edit on 26-7-2017 by slider1982 because: added

edit on 26-7-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In 1970 there was an alleged secret joint US-Russian mission called “Project Redsun” that was said to have taken Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, who would be accompanied by a Russian cosmonaut, on a manned mission to Mars,
......l

This requires a bit of thinking but not much. It can easily be proven false by finding public appearances, pictures and even videos of Armstrong and Aldrin in 1970/1971. Just do an internet search and they were both very much on Planet Earth. Aldrin watched the Apollo 13 return. Armstrong gave an interview to BBC. How could they possibly be on their way to Mars? There is plenty of evidence to prove they were on Terra Firma during that time.

There is none to prove there was a secret mission to Mars with the 1st and 2nd men on the moon aboard in 1970.
edit on 26/7/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've heard testimony and seen (mostly redacted) reports relating to a mission to Mars in the 60's/70's, but nothing of this program.

Although I doubt the authenticity of this video, I do not doubt that we are on Mars right now. Multiple people, ex military and regular citizens alike claim to have been to a Mars colony. You can even point to the gentleman being sought by our government for prosecution that hacked over a dozen NASA computers, finding reports and files relating to a secret space fleet that we have, along with colonies on both Mars and the Moon. I mean Hell, you can look at some of the rovers' pictures of the martian surface and figure out that some of them are simply a single picture cut and pasted several times with changes in shade and hue.

Good find though.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The big question is always, why?

Why keep it secret?

Sure, it's fun to think everyone is lying to you all the time, and you're so smart to see through it... but, why?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

There is also the "Man on Mars photo" to get excited over if you haven't seen it before. Fixing the Rover Curiosity.

Link to Original NASA photo

Or you can check out an alternative view.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

My big question is how would they have the amount of air to carry them 158+ days to Mars as it shows in the footage and then assumed 158+ days back to earth on 1970's technology. Also could 1970's CO2 scrubbers last that long?

~Morpheus

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No, we've not been to Mars but...

I'm currently lost in Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy for the third time and I so so wish we had been to Mars. We take the long flight over there and 'find ourselves' on the way. Terra forming the planet from red to blue.

Have you always wanted to climb the mountains if Mars... But now you're over the hill? I have.

Mars, bleak and dead... But more alluring to me than anything else.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Is this your YouTube channel?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: DanteGaland

Now that is interesting

where did you find this out?

Can't give SPECIFICS.

A little bird who's gone to ground these days.

P.S. I was also told there's MORE in orbit...and it's OURS but not exactly NASA's

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

It looks that way.

Published on Jul 16, 2009
I made this video with real photographs and the only true real footage is of the crew from the Apollo missions. Everything else is cgi with photo's. I could add a lot more into it, but I'm working on other stuff too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join