It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Person Writes Thoughts on Trump's Military Ban

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Bully for him. He does not speak for all trans people. He does not speak for MOST trans people.

And neither do you if that's the case.

Kaylaluv is one of the few truly informed ATS members on the subject. Regardless of her being cisgender, she speaks more for trans folk than the dude telling his story in the OP. Walt Heyer never had gender dysphoria and was misdiagnosed. He suffered from disassociation disorder (self admitted) and is now rabidly (and religiously) anti-trans.

So yes, Kayla is more informed and better suited to speak for me than some psychotic dude who made some seriously bad life decisions.
edit on 26-7-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Lol.

This really escalated quite quickly, eh?

So...let's see, if I come on here and state that transgender folks are really just mentally ill, I'm called a bigot and told I don't understand the issue.

But if someone who says they were trans since childhood, spends his life cross-dressing then undergoes surgery only to later regret that choice speaks - they're mentally ill?

You gotta see the funny side.

So trans people are only really mentally ill if they're trans for a while then decide they made a mistake?

Gotcha.

On a slightly more rational and realistic note...it almost looks as though the pro-trans brigade are making it up as they go...winging it, as it were.

Crack on.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
a reply to: GuidedKill

I'm still lost...does Walt have a mental illness or is he transgender?

I suppose it is subject to change...if Walt comes out tomorrow and says he was wrong..that he was trans all along and still is then he's completely normal.

If he continues to claim otherwise he's simply mentally ill. They're just making it up as they go.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: GuidedKill

Do you understand MISDIAGNOSED?

I knew a woman who was MISDIAGNOSED with breast cancer. Had surgery and everything. Never actually had cancer. Boy, was she pissed. Doesn't mean everyone diagnosed with breast cancer doesn't actually have it. Most times, they do.

Hang on..misdiagnosed? Does this mean someone is only trans if another person evaluates and tells them they are?

Wouldn't he know better than anyone?

If one person can be misdiagnosed to the point that they actually believe they are what they're told they are...maybe many, or even all trans people are "misdiagnosed"

Exactly how sure does one need to be about themselves in order to identify as trans?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

No. We never said that at all. Walt HIMSELF admitted that he was "misdiagnosed" which means he never had gender dysphoria in the first place. He has a mental illness called "dissocative disorder".

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I am not paying for your gender reassignment!

now f@#$ off with all this transgender nonsense it is not the worlds problem it is yours!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
so all i got to do to dodge the draft is put on a dress and some makeup?
Thats seems easy enough

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
so all i got to do to dodge the draft is put on a dress and some makeup?
Thats seems easy enough

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So?

Do you believe he was misdiagnosed?

If you say yes then you must admit that it's certainly possible for misdiagnosis to take place.

So...how do we verify a diagnosis with any degree of certainty? Maybe Walt believes that all trans cases are misdiagnosed.

If he does believe that then you must admit he might have a point...if you can't admit that, then you must admit that Walt's own notion that he was misdiagnosed is potentially wrong.

Either Walt is able to make that call or he isn't...either way you're practically backing yourself into a corner.

Is Walt an authority on the issue or not? If not...what gives him the right to say he was misdiagnosed at all?

You can't on one hand say he doesn't know what he was talking about...then selectively quote him as gospel simply because he said something that happens to confirm your bias.

Get real.
edit on 26/7/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I get it that you admire Kayla, but for you to say she's more suited than somebody that has actually lived through it himself, and is helping others along their journey, is a little more than disingenuous.

And if by truly informed, you mean stubborn and unwilling to be open to any opposing views, labelling all legitimate concerns as ignorance and bigotry, and being unable to recognize anything outside of her black and white world.. then I totally agree.

Heck, I bet even I have more experience than her, and I mean this with no offense at all because I actually like her..

Open and honest discussions, requires you to be open and honest.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He can believe all he wants. I have never claimed that no one has ever been misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria. This guy is the only case I have heard of as far as I know. It's admirable that he is trying to help others. Perhaps he should focus more on people with dissocative disorder and schizophrenia who think they are different people.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A mentally ill person is crazy until they say something that suits your narrative...in which case their mental illness is temporarily suspended.

LOL.

If Walt is mentally ill then I challenge his claim that he was misdiagnosed.

Perhaps Walt still is trans only is going through a period of confusion.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

He can believe all he wants. I have never claimed that no one has ever been misdiagnosed with gender dysphoria. This guy is the only case I have heard of as far as I know. It's admirable that he is trying to help others. Perhaps he should focus more on people with dissocative disorder and schizophrenia who think they are different people.

But is he in any fit state to do so?

What qualifies him to help anyone?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

Because he has gone through mental illness and wrong decision to have sex change surgery. In my opinion there is something wrong with the picture. I think his psychiatrist is incompetent.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's certainly amusing that, without even knowing anything about the person who "evaluated" and "misdiagnosed" Walt, that people can claim that a "better" psychiatrist would have instead have evaluated him as "mentally ill" or "schozofrenic"

Making it up as they go...this thread clearly shows how the goalposts are continually moved to suit. This has always been the case with this issue.

so...the person who misdiagnosed Walt had no clue...even though we dunno who that person was...yet an ATS member who seems to spend most of their time on ATS in trans threads telling everyone they're a bigot is hailed as an authority on the subject.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Because he has gone through mental illness and wrong decision to have sex change surgery. In my opinion there is something wrong with the picture. I think his psychiatrist is incompetent.

This ^^

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Who is calling anyone a bigot here?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Who said anyone called anyone a bigot here?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's certainly amusing that, without even knowing anything about the person who "evaluated" and "misdiagnosed" Walt, that people can claim that a "better" psychiatrist would have instead have evaluated him as "mentally ill" or "schozofrenic"

Making it up as they go...this thread clearly shows how the goalposts are continually moved to suit. This has always been the case with this issue.

so...the person who misdiagnosed Walt had no clue...even though we dunno who that person was...yet an ATS member who seems to spend most of their time on ATS in trans threads telling everyone they're a bigot is hailed as an authority on the subject.

Pathetic.

I made it bold to help you, prevent you looks even more of an idiot than you already do.

Don't thank me.
edit on 26/7/2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Who said anyone called anyone a bigot here?

You did.

yet an ATS member who seems to spend most of their time on ATS in trans threads telling everyone they're a bigot is hailed as an authority on the subject. 

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join