It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Person Writes Thoughts on Trump's Military Ban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
a reply to: GuidedKill

I just spent the better part of 30 mins reading this entire thread and I haven't learned a thing from it...now I don't know if its mental illness or being trans or both or being a schizo on the wrong meds...

You're telling me. I'm just happy I'm happy with my original equipment. One less mental glitch on my plate....OCD is tough enough, can't imagine wanting to filet my Johnson and then stuff it in my brand new arse hole...
edit on 26-7-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: caf1550

I just spent the better part of 30 mins reading this entire thread and I haven't learned a thing from it...now I don't know if its mental illness or being trans or both or being a schizo on the wrong meds...

You're telling me. I'm just happy I'm happy with my original equipment. One less mental glitch on my plate....OCD is tough enough, can't imagine wanting to filet my Johnson and then stuff it in my brand new arse hole...

Or mouth...

Wait...that "came" out wrong.

Maybe that is why aliens have no physical signs of sex organs in sketches? They did away with this issue to become gender neutral?
edit on 26-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I know my opening thoughts are of a different issue.
I served with ppl that didn’t hide they were gay; nobody cared. The only thing we cared about was if any of us watched each others back and weren’t hurting each other in any way. I cannot speak on what it was like to serve with a surgically gender-changed person, as I didn’t serve with any.

My concern is this:
VA = Veterans Affairs.
C&P = Compensation & Pension.

If ppl serving active duty have a gender change surgery & all the post appts for it, etc. and when they become a veteran, will they be able to claim (va claim for c&p) that they regret having the procedures and are now either (or all of the following) physically, mentally & emotionally distraught from these procedures that the military allowed them to do?

If so, would they be allowed to collect VA benefits &/or disability c&p because they had the surgery & treatments for it, while they were active duty?

If gender-changed vets would be allowed to claim the procedures caused them any damage (physical, mh (mental health), etc), what impact will that have on the VA & VA c&p?

I am refraining from mentioning va & va c&p issues that some vets experience, as it’s off-topic.
edit on 2017 7 26 by oldme because: fixed typo o.O

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Sometimes a person with schizophrenia will think they are someone else (woman instead of a man). When given the traditional meds for schizophrenia, this delusion goes away. Schizophrenia meds don't work for people with true gender dysphoria. It's been tried. Doesn't work.

good lord, it seems folks who can't figure out which sex they are have quite a few issues to work through. Mental illness, gender dysphoria. Being a soldier takes incredible focus and determination. Since it's voluntary, it just seems like they should focus on getting themselves into whatever skin they like and leave the soldier stuff to people without all the mental illness baggage. But then, that might not be fair, and the military is all about fair right?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldme
I know my opening thoughts are of a different issue.
I served with ppl that didn’t hide they were gay; nobody cared. The only thing we cared about was if any of us watched each others back and weren’t hurting each other in any way. I cannot speak on what it was like to serve with a surgically gender-changed person, as I didn’t serve with any.

My concern is this:
VA = Veterans Affairs.
C&P = Compensation & Pension.

If ppl serving active duty have a gender change surgery & all the post appts for it, etc. and when they become a veteran, will they be able to claim (va claim for c&p) that they regret having the procedures and are now either (or all of the following) physically, mentally & emotionally distraught from these procedures that the military allowed them to do?

If so, would they be allowed to collect VA benefits &/or disability c&p because they had the surgery & treatments for it, while they were active duty?

If gender-changed vets would be allowed to claim the procedures caused them any damage (physical, mh (mental health), etc), what impact will that have on the VA & VA c&p?

I am refraining from mentioning va & va c&p issues that some vets experience, as it’s off-topic.

Based on the VA rules, they would be able to claim any and all trauma as it happened while on active duty. So basically fully disabled or close to it. for life.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
But then, that might not be fair, and the military is all about fair right?

No, it is about winning a fight against an enemy at all costs.

EDIT...so you might look at it this way...if TG is seen as an enemy (due to mental illness issues), the military has won.
edit on 26-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
This guy... isn't qualified to speak on the subject.

But while he was granted a platform to comment on transgender issues, Heyer's experience isn't reflective of the experiences of the overwhelming majority of transgender people; he even admits that he was "misdiagnosed" and was actually suffering with "a dissociative disorder that required talk therapy, not surgery." His views about transitioning aren't rooted in research or medical expertise. The idea that many transgender people experience "transition regrets" has been widely debunked and contradicts the positions of major professional medical organizations, which all view transitioning as an important and beneficial step for people who identify with a gender identity that doesn't correspond with their biological sex.

What the Media Should Know About Walt Heyer

..haters gonna hate.

And you are qualified? How does one qualify to speak in subject. Please tell me.

I'm not... but I'm not pretending to be qualified either. Are you?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you, network dude! Much appreciated insight!
That is what I thought. And exactly the concern I had about why I'm against allowing the procedures to happen while on active duty & the military paying for it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If I was convinced I was a kangaroo trapped in a human's body, would you want me knocking on doors in a war zone with you and me having your back?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
If I was convinced I was a kangaroo trapped in a human's body, would you want me knocking on doors in a war zone with you and me having your back?

And there it is. I'm surprised it lasted 7 pages.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I dont agree with the funding of such procedures, the before and after results of a private change are arguable. Soldiers should be building themselves up inside and out, not in a huge flux stage on changing gender and settling into the new gender while training for combat. Distracting to say the least.

Did Klinger ever do anything really useful? LOL j/k

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Took seven pages for common sense to enter into the discussion?

You're welcome.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I dont agree with the funding of such procedures, the before and after results of a private change are arguable. Soldiers should be building themselves up inside and out, not in a huge flux stage on changing gender and settling into the new gender while training for combat. Distracting to say the least.

Did Klinger ever do anything really useful? LOL j/k

Klinger was a good soldier. If he served today he would be out of the military.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You're welcome.

That was common sense?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You're welcome.

That was common sense?

Equal to or about the same as the common sense you have brought the preverbal table...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You're welcome.

That was common sense?

Equal to or about the same as the common sense you have brought the preverbal table...

You're the one who got confused. BTW it's spelled proverbial.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You're welcome.

That was common sense?

Congratulations....first time you have been right all day!!! Maybe you would be better served judging spelling bees....

Oh btw I think it's the transgender people who are confused...wouldn't you agree?
edit on 26-7-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're welcome.

That was common sense?

Congratulations....first time you have been right all day!!! Maybe you would be better served judging spelling bees....

Oh btw I think it's the transgender people who are confused...wouldn't you agree?

No.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

you would be great at kicking in doors. I'd vote for ya.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

you would be great at kicking in doors. I'd vote for ya.

So would I.
I'd love to watch him kick the ISIS folks off rooftops.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join