It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on what to do about outsourcing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Being in the IT Field, I have seen many jobs going over seas.

Big corporations are sending our jobs over seas and do not want us to know about it. They sell there products here and want us to buy them, so they try to hide that they employee’s over seas. These corporations tell there help desk people to take U.S. names so the costumer might think they are talking to an American. They do this so you won’t get angry about them sending jobs over seas. Since corporations are sending jobs over sea and trying to hide it, I wanted to do something about it. The problem is I do not know what to do. My dream would be for people to stop supporting these corporations, but that might be too much. If can just inform people and maybe turn some people away from them, that would be enough. Any ideas on how to do this?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
My reccomendation, rather than fight outsourcing, utilize it to your benefit. I know a couple of people who do contract work (IT, Image Wrangling, Code Tests, that sort of thing) in the states, and I myself have been a freelance employee in many fields over the course of my life. My suggestion is to outsource your work to a guy in India, pay him 1/3 of what you make for the job, and then you can get another job. Repeat as needed to stabilize your income.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That's what you get for globalization. Godd for the world economy, good for your economy, but bad for certain individuals. I have a feeling US workers are going to have to find different skill sets, just like we did when many manufacturing jobs went overseas, and when automation became a big thing.

Sorry I can't help you out today, but I really can't think of anything to really tell you. I'm sure one of the many IT guys here has had similar problems.

new topics

join