It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General to announce official leak investgation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Very interesting article here.
Breitbart (citing its own anonymous sources
) is saying that Jeff Sessions will announce "in coming days" a number of criminal investigations into the leaks that have been occurring lately.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if this is true. But if so, I dare say that Trump's recent string of attacks against Sessions was probably intended to push him to get these damn investigations going.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
) is saying that Jeff Sessions will announce "in coming days" a number of criminal investigations into the leaks that have been occurring lately.

I guess we'll find out soon enough if this is true. But if so, I dare say that Trump's recent string of attacks against Sessions was probably intended to push him to get these damn investigations going.

Right, insults and personal attacks by my superiors always motivates me.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Thats the way uh huh uh huh.....Trump likes you.

Do your job mr.!!!

edit on 7 26 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

When someone wont listen, what do you suppose should be done?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

As a business owner of currently 4 operations LLCs that deals with employee issues frequently; I tell them in a nice reasonable way that unless they shape up, and quick, they can search for employment elsewhere, and don't expect a recommendation ; Then send them down to the warehouse and sweep up and think about what I just told them.

That usually works quite well.... What would you do?
edit on 26-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I want Trump to fire him. I really cannot stand Sessions.

As for leaks in DC... well that will be a game of whack-a-mole. DC has always leaked in recent memory and will always leak.

Next up... tighter rules against whistle blowers.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
I want Trump to fire him. I really cannot stand Sessions.

DC has always leaked in recent memory and will always leak.

That's why it's called the swamp. Maybe after it's drained, DC won't be like DC always is!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

edit on 7-26-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: Double post

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Typically its unwise to announce investigations and is political propaganda, often it can be used to misdirect a real investigation to have some privacy.

When you announce an investigation it's typically giving people a chance to flee or cover up.

Just for those trying to make something.

It's possible it's a message" don't leak or we are coming for you", but these are criminal juatice, political science, and other professional studies of folks. They also understand the law and skirting it. Where as the general public can be told about an investigation and be satisfied, those in law enforcement would know it's a dumb move if intent is prosecution, it may be a mild future deterrent but again, NSA Subcontractors are students of law and policy as well, so it isn't always like catching some idiot robbing a bank with a sock on his ..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

As a business owner of currently 4 operations LLCs that deals with employee issues frequently; I tell them in a nice reasonable way that unless they shape up, and quick, they can search for employment elsewhere, and don't expect a recommendation ; Then send them down to the warehouse and sweep up and think about what I just told them.

But - you're not the Leader of the Free World and a whole country does not rely on you to keep them safe and free from physical and financial harm?

I don't think so.

See, you have the luxury of 'playing nice'.

The President, does not.

I want the President to fire and charge each and every person who's 'leaked' - with treason.

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Are they going to investigate who leaked this information?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Then perhaps you should examine the expansion of the federal government that allowed it.

A small minority of us conservatives have been talking about the dangers started with the Patriot act and behold this is it.

Not only are there more permissions to gather private info, they expanded so fast they have to hire 25 year old college grads to sift and analyze the data as subcontractors.

So this is a much bigger problem than individual leakers.

Also, it is legal in counter Intel to leak disinformation.

Just something to remember.

edit on 26-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Then perhaps you should examine the expansion of the federal government that allowed it.

I'm sorry - allowed what? Leaking?

A small minority of us conservatives have been talking about the dangers started with the Patriot act and behold this is it.

Completely agree. Just failing to see the connection - sorry.

Not only are there more permissions to gather private info, they expanded so fast they have to hire 25 year old college grads to sift and analyze the data as subcontractors.

Again, thank you but what am I missing here?

So this is a much bigger problem than individual leakers.

That's a good place to start firing and convicting of treason though.

Also, it is legal in counter Intel to leak disinformation.

Huh? These are people who work for him, thus work for the Nation. It can't be legal for THEM to leak.

Counter intell? Huh? They're not 'counter intel' - they're working for US. That - or they're traitors.

Sorry I'm having a brain cramp over your reply...

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Caning works for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Heh. Sounds like fake news to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Caning works for me.

Will you hire out as a contractor, my secretary is getting a little "mouthy" but she is an indispensable part of the crew and I don't dare let her go....it's complicated, if you know what I mean...
edit on 26-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

OK let's make it simple.

Expansions the Patriot act made in the Intel community made the hiring of unqualified individuals extremely likely. The programs expansions allowed lower quality analysts to become part of the programsame rapid expansion after 911. This leads to people leaking. A system of recent college grads sifting through documents is not a great idea.

It is one hundred percent legal and possible these "anonymous sources" are actually government agents. Sometimes disinfo is even given to make people being watched make moves in behaviour that can lead to a catch.

Why would you make a public statement your going after leakers? Hey bad guys I am investigating you so .s up. Pretty unlikely.

Most likely trump forced sessions to come forward with his already started investigation because of the political blowout. But hey maybe he is an idiot and just wanted to give the criminals a . start.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

This investigation is likely illegal, btw.
Whistleblower Protection Act

The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct. A federal agency violates the Whistleblower Protection Act if agency authorities take (or threaten to take) retaliatory personnel action against any employee or applicant because of disclosure of information by that employee or applicant. Whistleblowers[1] may file complaints that they believe reasonably evidences a violation of a law, rule or regulation; gross mismanagement; gross waste of funds; an abuse of authority; or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety.

Predates the Patriot Act (which is mostly not a law anymore btw) too. Hell there is even provisions for classified whistleblowing.

President Barack Obama issued Presidential Policy Directive 19 (PPD-19), entitled "Protecting Whistleblowers with Access to Classified Information". According to the law signed by Obama on October 10, 2012, it is written that "this Presidential Policy Directive ensures that employees (1) serving in the Intelligence Community or (2) who are eligible for access to classified information can effectively report waste, fraud, and abuse while protecting classified national security information. It prohibits retaliation against employees for reporting waste, fraud, and abuse.[7]

It's sad that we as a country want to prosecute and care about whistleblowers to the extent that we excuse the things they are blowing the whistle on.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It depends what leaks we are talking about. Snowden vs something about an on going investigation with political motivation is very different.

The nsa and Intel expansions have been passed everytime. The procedural amendments just made expansions as they had to have correspondence with the warrant procedure.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm talking about the leaks that Trump is always complaining about. Those are the leaks that he will be investigating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join