It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objective Truth Doesn't Exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
there is an objective truth but our dull senses and our primitive emotions limit us from ever understanding it for what it really is.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

From my point of view philosophy and morality is an awareness and measurement problem. With an aware definition on how suffering is propagating thru creation it becomes very easy to know what to avoid.

If you want to know the unknown then you need to learn tricks/tools on how to measure it.

What is a higher level bliss state and how do you induce/create it?
How is the idea of synchronicity and entanglement connected?
What is telepathy and how it is manifested in the body?
What is an amagydala fear overload and what happens in the body after that overload?

Some souls will know at least the start of these questions. Those who seek will sooner or later know. It is only a matter of time and will.
edit on 28-7-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

The can both appear to be right because they exist in the limited realm of human perception.

Many things that we perceive as a paradox actually point to our own limitations rather than something that exists independently of us humans.

Objective truth may very well exist, but we would perceive it subjectively all the same. I'm not sure its accurate to say because we are limited in this way, so too must the entirety of the universe be the same.

We can take two people and make them look at a painting. One sees a duck and the other, a rabbit. Does this mean that it must be one or the other, or even something like the painting doesn't really exist because of a perceived conflict?

I don't think so at all. The objective information exists without issue in the painting and the only time that seems to change is when it is parsed by unique, subjective entities.

In the same way with the universe at large, and something like God(s), the information is out there regardless of what we do or do not perceive.

In other words, objective truth may not be possible for us humans to perceive, but our interpretations might very well be representations of information and truth that exists entirely objectively.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

In other words, objective truth may not be possible for us humans to perceive, but our interpretations might very well be representations of information and truth that exists entirely objectively.

I agree with this - that as humans we have a system where we can communicate what we can perceive in our own senses. Whether that be through vocal chords or through hand gestures or braille, we are trying to describe something with each other and we all understand that system to an extent.

I would like to think we can gather towards Truth one day - although we are probably approaching it each and every day by carving out these philosophical-physical chasms in our daily lives.

----------------------------------

On the flip side - for some reason I've never heard of Sextus Empiricus ... it seems this guy wrote tons about this topic as well and I haven't even heard a mention of his name until this random quiz website today that "matched" my quiz results 100% with him
hahaha... I've been reading up on his works and they're pretty enjoyable. Pyrrhonian Skepticism

Hope everyone has an awesome day today!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join