It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Care "Biparisanship" Phooey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Obamacare Included Republican Ideas, but the G.O.P. Health Plan Has Left Democrats Out
www.nytimes.com...

The keystone principle of the act — a mandate that all Americans buy health insurance — is rooted in conservative thinking. Additionally, the Democrat-controlled House and Senate committees adopted nearly 190 Republican amendments while writing the legislation, according to data compiled by The New York Times.

Don't bite so hard on the false bait that the politicians throw out there, they do not want to solve this, too much money involved.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
yesterday, they let out a 170+ page amendment to the congress for them to read through and vote for less than three hours later by what I read. they were voting to open a debate on a healthcare bill that not even most of the republicans knew the contents of!!
this isn't a case of the lack of bipartisanship, heck this is worse that the old time NY style three men in a back room politics, this is a case where a small group of men in a back room coming up with something so disgusting that they are ashamed to even let the rest of the representative know what it is till the last minute and then they think that they are gonna bully, threaten, or shame enough of the members to vote for it so it passes!!

putin must be so danged proud of us!!!
edit on 26-7-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I do not trust the repubs (dems) to handle this. They are lobbied by a well funded lobby. I do not think the repubs have the citizens best interest at heart.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So are you saying that bipartisanship should be avoided? If so that's an even worse idea than what you laid out in the OP.

But I'm sure this reaction is the one they wanted (if that is indeed the point of this thread), trick people into thinking that bipartisanship (the two parties working together) is a bad thing.

Well you tell me wise person? Dems didn't give dam about "bipartisan" anything when the passed the AHCA......which never was affordable or read.

Huh? The Dems openly debated the ACA for over a year. At no point did they exclude Republicans from the debate, and they even allowed for a conservative healthcare bill (Romneycare) to shape Obamacare. Just because no Republican voted for it doesn't mean that they weren't involved with crafting the bill.

Republicans had no influence really and their protests simply fell on deaf ears. Now the dems want inclusion in a big way. LOL

Keep telling yourself this lie.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No matter what health care bill is passed, the for profit HC industry will be the ultimate winners and the American working man will be SOL.

Your partisan rant is pointless and foolish. The neocons are still the big dogs and Trump better watch his ass.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
why do people think bipartisanship was ever a good thing? all it means is negotiation between both sides to fulfill their ambitions rather than actually representing what people want, they are circumventing the whole election system this way.

even if people vote some out they just continue colluding together for their own long term goals and could care less if they lose their position, it's like a hive; even if many die the few left will continue on as the nest regrows and the replacements will fall in line or be trampled.

bipartisanship = screw the people, make them think it's what they want and get paid for it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Just as I thought, people are turning on bipartisanship (cooperation) as if it's a bad thing. There is no unity (United States) when partisanship and identity politics are the norm.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

August 4, 2017

Republicans don't mind bipartisanship, so long as the Democrats steer clear of the "Single Payer" model of healthcare reform. Takes a lot of nerve to bash Democrats, after promising the public for 7 years that ObamaCare was going to be repealed-replaced, and not getting it done!

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: namehere

Just as I thought, people are turning on bipartisanship (cooperation) as if it's a bad thing. There is no unity (United States) when partisanship and identity politics are the norm.

LOL unless the dems have control.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

August 4, 2017

Republicans don't mind bipartisanship, so long as the Democrats steer clear of the "Single Payer" model of healthcare reform. Takes a lot of nerve to bash Democrats, after promising the public for 7 years that ObamaCare was going to be repealed-replaced, and not getting it done!

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Yea and the same republicans in senate that voted against it are the same and only calling for BP. That means about one thing and its not about BPS

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

So are you saying that bipartisanship should be avoided? If so that's an even worse idea than what you laid out in the OP.

But I'm sure this reaction is the one they wanted (if that is indeed the point of this thread), trick people into thinking that bipartisanship (the two parties working together) is a bad thing.

Well you tell me wise person? Dems didn't give dam about "bipartisan" anything when the passed the AHCA......which never was affordable or read.

Huh? The Dems openly debated the ACA for over a year. At no point did they exclude Republicans from the debate, and they even allowed for a conservative healthcare bill (Romneycare) to shape Obamacare. Just because no Republican voted for it doesn't mean that they weren't involved with crafting the bill.

Republicans had no influence really and their protests simply fell on deaf ears. Now the dems want inclusion in a big way. LOL

Keep telling yourself this lie.

Ok so they influenced the bill but didn't vote for it. Not one. So who is lying?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join