It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They want that changed. It means a lot to them.

Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: marg6043

What about religious discrimination? Are you okay with that? Religion is a personal choice. Would it be okay to ban Christians from the military?

Yes - if Christians demanded different treatment and caused a weakening in the capacity of the military to perform it's function.
As long as they shut their mouths and followed orders, though, they'd be fine.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You talk about sex change like it was as easy as changing your clothes

It is not, get it, is a life changing personal choice that include mutilation, sex organs will never be the same when sex change choice are taken.

Let talk the nasty and ugly of the issue, is not an easy matter, is a mental and physical matter, that no always have the results that people having the procedure wants, causing irreversible changes with a life time of mental issues.

Some people are strong enough to undergo the changes even if the result render them mutilated for life, others will never be able to deal with it.

The medical community will never tell that the success rate vs the flops are lower than expected.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Neither is a wart being removed... or plastic surgery.. or any of the other unnecessary procedures people use on a daily basis....

Does the military hand out free boob jobs so all the women in service can have higher self esteem?

Because there's not much of a difference here.

People wanna serve then serve. But it being societies responsibility for costs and in's & out's of the trials for people to physically experiment with themselves to stoke their self esteem / fetish / mental illness(es) is a whole nother story.

And then there's the medical complications potentials.

On this case who can honestly say that there's a 100% sure thing chance that not one single sex change surgery could end up causing a complication that would normal render them unfit for combat duty?

What does a sex change operation and related hormone etc regiments cost in total anyways?

And then there's the DRAMA. Drama on the Internet, etc is one thing.

Lastly, what's the the complete list of mental illnesses that the military tolerates upon enlistment, and after? I have no idea but such a new social thrust out to begin with established 'parallel' precedents no?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Since a person is born one of two ways.

Male or female.

Can't claim Equal rights when people decide to change themselves in to one or the 'other'.

You can't argue with DNA.

There's no such thing as 'transgender'.

It's a made up word.

Political neologism to be exact.

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Or are you just scared of something you don't understand and so you want to ban it.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They want that changed. It means a lot to them.

Why is that so hard to understand?

I want to pay no taxes and have a 25 hour a week work week, and I bet I could get a lot of people to agree with me, but it still won't happen. Why is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Liquesence
Once a liar, always a liar.

Just telling people whatever the hell they want to hear.

Link

He probably didn't even know the 'T' stands for transgender, but probably something like "tremendous."

Which has nothing to do with banning transgenders from the military.
Was every administration prior to 2016, when transgenders were allowed to serve in the military, anti-LGBT? I ask because you seem to have broadly associated a military decision with an entire community, most of which does not even relate to transgenders.

Equal rights.

Enough said.

Exactly - equal rights.
A transgender can wear the same uniform, follow the same rules and receive the same benefits as any other man, or woman (in the case of F2M)
Equal.

Are you just ignorant or deluded in some way, you are completely ignoring what Trump has stated.

No, I think your are hysterical.
If a guy who likes to wear womens clothing wants to join the military, he doesn't have to declare it. So long as he plays by the rules who is going to know?
If he has had surgery then he no longer qualifies for the military - again equal rights as like anyone else they would would fail the tests for valid reasons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So they have to hide it? Because if they do declare it they are automatically deemed unfit to serve, yet if they don't say they can serve right?

What does that sound like to you?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

edit on 26-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Is joining the military a right, or a privilege?

Going by other political issues.

Americans don't have rights.

We have 'privileges'.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

So you ban people who consider themselves a "made up word"... thats your answer. Thats acceptable is it.

Ban mentally unstable people from having guns, other dangerous things.

Yeah I find that acceptable.

link   

You give up some rights when you join the military.
You are no longer allowed to disobey - if you do you get thrown out.
Some people seem to have difficulty following rules and want to be special - they have no right to be in the military.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

Since a person is born one of two ways.

Male or female.

Can't claim Equal rights when people decide to change themselves in to one or the 'other'.

You can't argue with DNA.

There's no such thing as 'transgender'.

It's a made up word.

Political neologism to be exact.

Or are you just scared of something you don't understand and so you want to ban it.

Jesus, Drama queen doesn't cover it at all.

Transgenders can be as Trans as they like, they can dance and prance all over the world and wear bananas on their heads, but if they want to be out and Trans, they don't need to be in the Military. Why don't you fight the same battle for blind people who want to be pilots?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

As long as they behave and follow orders like the other men, and never bring their transgenderism to work, then I am sure they will be fine.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Transitions are always difficult.

Pun intended?

Integration based on color was an issue for some.

To be fair, though, back near 1950 (integration was mid-1948, but hard to find population data just for that exact moment), minorities totaled about 10.5% of the total population--a far greater number than 0.4%.

Also, "being black" was impossible to be considered a 'mental issue,' as some see gender disparity as being--that's a pretty unanswered question, IMO, and in being unanswered to a scientific certainty per my standards, I fully understand why it would be concerning to some to have an unknown variable like that in the ranks of the military. I'm not saying that I think transgendered people are off their rockers, but I'm not saying that they're perfectly "normal" as far as expected brain chemistry goes, either--I'm stating that I just don't know the answer.

When I was a paralegal in the military, I typed up plenty of Chapter 5-13s...basically the administrative separation of a Service Member due to a diagnosed mental disorder. Whether or not gender dysphoria is "chapterable" offense is unknown to me, as that instance never crossed my desk the 15-19 years ago that I served.

This is a non-issue that will become a major issue now.

Agreed--but only because the issue of bathrooms is involved

Bottom line, if you're willing to die for your country, you should have that right.

I agree, but only to a point. If one's service may be either detrimental to themselves or their unit (morale and cohesion really does matter), the line does need to be drawn somewhere.

link   
a reply to: marg6043

Let's talk truth. Most of the time, the surgery is very successful. Most of the time, trans people do great after, as long as they aren't marginalized by the rest of society. If a person can fulfill all the physical and mental requirements of being in the military, they should be allowed to serve. Those who are having issues won't be able to fulfill those requirements, so your argument is moot.

link   

I want to pay no taxes and have a 25 hour a week work week, and I bet I could get a lot of people to agree with me, but it still won't happen. Why is that so hard to understand?

Who says I don't understand that?

It could happen if you fight for it. They are fighting for what they want.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

If they can serve, not demand anything other than what any other soldier would, and not draw attention to themselves, they can serve just as they have for as long as "transgender" people have existed. But the second one wants to be moved to the hospital to have his pecker turned into an "innie", GTFO, that's not what the military is for.

Other than stupidity and I mean MOUNTAINS of it, I cannot fathom the argument here.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Let's talk truth

Yeah lets talk TRUTH.

People that considering butchering a normal healthy body based on how they feel is about as NUTZ as it gets.

I always wonder how genital mutilation became socially acceptable in third world countries.

Now I know.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

do most Transgender folks wear a "T" on their shirt sleeves, or are they using Tattoos these days?

No, but i'm guessing your the kind of folk to rock a swastika on his.

There are 1000's of transgender individuals currently serving, ones who passed all required tests to serve. They are now being discriminated against because of their gender.

If you are a transgender and in the military, and have been able to do your job without calling attention to the fact that you are in fact a "T", then continue to do your job and STFU. If you want to be a drama queen (as you seem to be) then jump up and down, throw a tantrum and see where you end up.

So you have to hide it right? If you don't hide it, even if you are fully capable of doing the job, you are out.

Drama queen... please, i'm just trying to get it through your thick-skull. You seem really p1ssed off that Transgender people have been serving your country for years.

It looks like it makes you insecure? What are you afraid of?

You and those who share you ideology should not be allowed to openly want to discriminate against a group of people based off nothing but fear and inability to understand.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join