It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Says anyone you can ask who actually is military, and knows military people. Says other sources, already posted int he thread.

Military people know other military people, on a bigger scale than you might think, and know about many they don't know personally, as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: testingtesting

I would prefer to fight alongside a brave straight man or woman. I reject your choices. Professionalism does not mean I have to like weirdos.

Very true, that's why the Spartans were the most feared and heroic army ever in human history...because none of them were gay....

Oh wait...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

As a Vet I don't have a problem with Gays and Lesbians in the military.

That being said, During the hormone treatments and recovering from the surgery they are incapable of training with their units for up to two years (half of a normal enlistment).

The military requires training to be an effective fighting force. Any untrained or partially trained individual is a danger to themselves and everyone around them, a lack of training kills quickly in combat situations.

The military refuses enlistments on many grounds, they are not and never have been "an equal opportunity employer".
If a person cannot meet the physical and mental standards they are refused entry, as it should be.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: lakenheath24

Our defence minister said this.

the Defence Secretary told the Telegraph: "No, we don't support that ban. I want our military to be completely open. It is right that the military should be equally open to anybody, irrespective of their race, their colour, their gender their sexuality. That is only right."

Shouldn't your military be against discrimination?.

Our military has standards for mental and physical health. If the applicant doesn't meet those standards, they are disqualified. If the applicant can't mesh into the system, they should be drummed out. The military doesn't need diversity, it needs cohesion. If any person (regardless of ethnicity, sexuality, etc) can't deal with that, they should not volunteer in the first place.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You said it.
If they don't meet the standards they're out. So what do we tell those people already serving in the military who are doing good jobs?

edit on 7/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Early retirement is great.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Isn't it great for everyone?

edit on 7/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Really? No women in combat roles? Ever heard of PRP? It screens folks working on Nukes. So yeah, it does.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Your military doesn't support a lot of things....like buying ships or airplanes, or helping the 7000 homeless vets. As an aside what does that say about the NHS?

www.express.co.uk...
www.express.co.uk...
www.express.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...

And god forbid when Neville Chamberlin wins your next election.

You want your military to reflect society? You mean you want them to be weak and nice, and polite. Please sir,, put that Nuke down. Please sir, unstrap that bomb, and lets cuddle and have a slap and tickle session. That is how Rome fell. It became weak and indefensible and the Russians and/or Chinese will pounce one day.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I'm glad to see sanity winning this thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I'm glad to see sanity winning this thread.

Well hey, nothing screams mental illness more than needing a sex change in the military, I'm surprised really that they set the bar so low.

One has to consider that military enrollment is so low that they needed a boost...now matter what social boundaries needed to be broken...

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Twump= Stoopid...

...K...
edit on 30-7-2017 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Go on out there and do the clean up yourself then ya douche-bag.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

What clean-up would that be? And dont project your Straightaphobia at me, I did 23 years of service, what have you done besides flip burgers.

Oh, and third grade called....they'd like their insults back please.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: yuppa

Isn't it great for everyone?

Full military retirement is actually pretty darn good.

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You said it.
If they don't meet the standards they're out. So what do we tell those people already serving in the military who are doing good jobs?

If they meet the standards are are not disruptive, they should not be discharged.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Exactly, a grandfather clause.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

What clean-up would that be? And dont project your Straightaphobia at me, I did 23 years of service, what have you done besides flip burgers.

Was that customer service at Burger King by any chance. Fraud.

Oh, and third grade called....they'd like their insults back please.

Wow. 23 years in the service... and then this. I mean you must be in your 40's... and you post a "third grade called" joke?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

You said it.

If they meet the standards are are not disruptive, they should not be discharged.

So why did Trump tweet the ban on transgender people in the military? He was all for LGBT. Trump tweeted that the transgender shouldn't serve in the military "in any capacity".
Does that mean Klinger finally can get out of the Army?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

This doesn't make trump any more anti-LGBT than the BMI qualification makes him a fat shamer.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69 >>

join