It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I will rather have my tax money retuned to me than been used for somebody personal choice.

Cost of a sex change

How much does it cost to get a sex change in or out of US? The cost of the surgery will run from $20,000 or $30,000 outside the United States to close to $100,000. in the United States. Fortunately this cost is generally paid out in s…maller increments, as a man starts his journey to the life he's always wanted.

www.answers.com...

As of today, sex change is a personal choice and falls under cosmetic surgery.

Sex change is not as easy as getting a pair of breast implants or removing skin, just like any other procedure it comes with side effects and can be a life threatening events

So is not all wine and roses after sex change, in many instances the results do not meet the expectations of those that undergo the procedures causing mental issues.

A WARNING FOR THOSE CONSIDERING MtF SRS:

In the large majority of cases, transsexual (TS) transitions work out well over the long-term, as we've seen in the many stories documented in Lynn's Transsexual Women's Successes page. However, in some cases a complete TS transition may totally fail to meet very unrealistic expectations, and way too late the transitioner may realize that undergoing sex reassignment surgery (SRS) was a BIG mistake.

ai.eecs.umich.edu...

That is why extensive mental evaluations should be a big step for those that wants to change their lives for ever

Remember people is easier to dig a hole than build a pole so sex change is not as easy as people think.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: EchoesInTime

A large majority of Americans agree with this.

Based on...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I think people forget how much money wars cost because its all we have known for 16yrs. I guess they think the president will pay out of his own pocket for an undeclared war.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Tekaran

Except due to Jrs emails we know he did collude with Russia.

could you please explain that in such a way that shows Donald Trump (President) was there, or had knowledge of the meeting before hand?

I honestly don't see the crime knowing it was just as described in the e-mails, but aside from that, it was not President Trump, but his son. I'll enjoy seeing your rendition of "facts".

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Women should be removed from the front line too.

Wow... just wow.

I thought such cancerous and barbaric caveman thinking was long gone.
edit on 26-7-2017 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: JoshuaCox

A surgery for a transition to mtf or ftm is in no way beneficial to the military or even necessary to begin with. Btw look up dialation procedure for the transision from man to female. Now imagine a trans soldier in a war zone with that "problem".

A transgender would make an excellent soldier.

Just think of it. Being born a male has certain advantages, like stronger muscles and bones, making for a more hardy soldier. But, being a woman has other advantages, like being able to infiltrate ISIS undercover as a sex doll for all those sexually deprived militants. So, with a transgender soldier, you get the best of both advantages, can can send in your covert operatives right behind enemy lines, without them even suspecting a thing.

...some serious moral and ethical bounderies bring crossed there boi and not all sex dolls are females or human either considering ISIS.

link   

It is estimated that a male to female transition can cost between $7,000USD - $24,000USD; female to male transition can exceed $50,000USD

Which, depending on policy, the military may have to fund.

Quite expensive for a surgery that isn't exactly needed to join the military i would say.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

link   
a reply to: marg6043

I will rather have my tax money retuned to me than been used for somebody personal choice.

Likewise.

I don't know if women in the military get free breast enhancement, and other 'free' goodies.

Or is TG just the only ones that matter?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

Because they are not drug free or pass a psych evaluation.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The difference is a person with a physical disability cannot perform their duties. The same does not apply to transgenders. If they're willing to serve and they can make it through basic why should they not be allowed to serve?

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Military under Matthias is laser focused on working on its core mission, projecting force and dominating the battlefield. Transgenders in the military is not something that overall strengthens our military capacity. It's a good call. The Military needs to execute like a well oiled machine, this was something like sand in it's gears.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Once a liar, always a liar.

Just telling people whatever the hell they want to hear.

Link

He probably didn't even know the 'T' stands for transgender, but probably something like "tremendous."

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I will put this link here again
www.military.com...
There was a list of disqualifiers BEFORE trump became POTUS

Personality, Conduct, and Behavior Disorders

b. Personality, conduct, or behavior disorders where it is evident by history, interview, or psychological testing that the degree of immaturity, instability, personality inadequacy, impulsiveness, or dependency will seriously interfere with adjustment in the Army as demonstrated by repeated inability to maintain reasonable adjustment in school, with employers and fellow workers, and with other social groups.

As long as the military doctors that do admissions are allowed to define "inability to maintain reasonable adjustment" they can keep out whomever they like.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm sure there are plenty of transgender people that could pass both. I'm sure there a plenty secretly serving in the military as we speak. So why should they not be allowed to serve?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Welcome to the world of the alt-right .... and Trump's biggest fan club.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EchoesInTime

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

While I agree with this statement, having been through basic training, advanced individual training, and "the field" (luckily I never had to deploy), I can completely and fully understand the problems that could arise for and because of transgendered individuals.

Now, the solution of creating unisex or transgendered shower and bathroom areas could work, but the age of some of the buildings and the layout of the facilities would make the costs and issues of remodeling disproportionate to the percentage of Service Members or future Service Members that it would directly affect or bar from service. I mean, currently there is ab1.4 Million people actively serving in the military (give or take a few, considering that this link is 1.5 years old), which equates to roughly to 0.4% of our nation's population.

As far as the percentage of our nation who identify as transgender, we're looking at 1.4 Million people as well (again, 0.4% of the total population).

So, if we are to pretend that this percentage would be directly reflected in our military members' numbers (which we all can probably safely assume that it wouldn't), we would be looking at roughly 6,066 people directly affected by this proposal/mandate stated by Trump.

Making massive accomodations both to all facilities and political correctness--something that the military rightfully is known for ignoring (and for good reason)--for 0.4% (at most) of the military population is something that should be questioned. And I'm very willing to bet that there would not be an equal percentage of trans people of our American population who would join the military.

Yes, I know, this is not a popular opinion, but there has to come a time when making massive accommodations for, at most, 0.4% of anything is not something that should be considered.

Now, if transgender recruits were willing to utilize the facilities that correspond to their sexual organs, then that could be a different consideration altogether, as EVERYBODY who joins the military gives us personal comforts and preferences after they sign on the dotted (actually, it's a solid) line.

ETA: Having asthma, I was advised to mislead the Army about that fact (even though I hadn't had an asthma attack in 7 years at the time I joined) because asthmatics are not accepted into service. Where do we draw the line at crying foul over discriminating circumstances surrounding the military? The bottom line is that the military is a unique, specialized profession that has relatively strict mandates and guidelines and concerns that average civilian employment need not consider.

Luckily, I served at a time where deploying to a desert for a year was not a real probability--but if I did, my asthma most likely would have become a major concern at that point. There are reasons to these decisions, and unless one has served, it's easy not to understand the "why" behind them.
edit on 26-7-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He says what people want to hear at the moment. Then we all are to forget it in the future. He has the best ideas...

link   

Cosmetic surgery is only allowed in the military if you suffer disfigurement while serving or to save lives.

As a personal choice is not allowed.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment.
I seriously doubt there will be a 'transgender test' if someone want to sign up.

Strange that you seem to be making up your own rules here.

This is what Trump said.

"United States Government will not accept or allow Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military."

If you consider yourself Transgender you are not allowed in any capacity.

No where did he say "They can - as long as they wear a male uniform like the rest of the men, pass all the tests, and don't ask for special treatment".

Stop lieing.

edit on 26-7-2017 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join