It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I actually have no problem with someone writing a book about their experiences in the military. The difference is, I don't care what the experiences are. Everyone has the right to write a book, and whoever doesn't want to read it doesn't have to.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: EchoesInTime

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

Cant help but remember how all those sweet peas down in FLA just let a guy walk around in the nite club and just execute them. Not one attempt was made to bum rush the guy.

I guess all those people in the movie theater in Colorado were "sweet peas" too then.

Jerk.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Cant help but remember how all those sweet peas down in FLA just let a guy walk around in the nite club and just execute them. Not one attempt was made to bum rush the guy.

I think your comment is quite wrong , transgenders in a club shooting are not service men/women in the field of battle so using that as a comparison to weigh up a transgender persons ability to act under fire is ridiculous.

I think you will find that any service man or woman in a situation with a gunfight will immediately switch into combat ready mode and assess the situation so to suggest that they didnt do anything was probably because no one in that club was a service man or woman in the US military

edit on 27-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

Unless of course there actually were transgender service men and women in there that night , then in that case they didnt follow their training well and would not make very good soldiers

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I agree

Ooops forgot to quote your post about the book

hopefully now my agreement makes sense

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It was about how special he was. You aren't supposed to be special in the military. You are just like every else. Just another cog in the wheel.

My dad told me about cross dressers in the military back in the 50s. But they did this on their own time and like everybody with some distraction never let it complicate their military duties.

This stuff we have now, the discussion, the high profile, government paying for sex change is just to much. Hard left progressives love it but they cant even get numbers on the thing. One count said 1,500 to 15,000 were in the military. So no one really knows and the figures are hyped on the large in for promotional purposes.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Were you in the military?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I guess all those people in the movie theater in Colorado were "sweet peas" too then.

Jerk.

Well you have a club for of hundreds and not one move on the guy. I would say that was indicative.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: kaylaluv

wouldnt have made any difference if chris kyle was trans and was a super awesome sniper writing a story about being a sniper
because the story was about his service not about being trans !

Star for that!.
Exactly right. Perhaps now military personal can spend more time training to win wars and excelling in combat, instead of learning about transgenders. A better chance for more Chris Kyle's of the world to step up without having to worry about whether they are upsetting Steve who just became Stephanie.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Chris Kyle the proven liar?.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No I have never served and never will !

I am all for the protection of life , like yer man in Hacksaw ridge!

I have many friends and family who serve and have served so I have quite a bit of military knowledge passed on and currently discussed.

Both my grandparents fought in WW2 one of my great aunts was a an ambulance driver in WW2
my great uncle and great grandfather both fought in the Great War
My grandads best friend and next door neighbour for years was a spitfire pilot who defended the Forth Rail bridge against the luftwaffe and he had 3 confirmed kills.

I am against war but for some reason it really interests me always has , and the reason I wouldnt join up is because I dont like killing , but also because I think id be really good at it

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: UKTruth

Chris Kyle the proven liar?.

I don't care if a military person lies about whether he punched Ventura or beat up some Mexicans as long as they can shoot straight and kill the enemy. In fact, I care about it as little as I do about transgenders feelings in the military.

edit on 27/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

wouldnt be the first time some military personnel has lied about their kills or feigned bravery at the request of the top brass for propaganda reasons !

it's the oldest military trick in the book and that book being sun tzu's the art of war !

many lies have been told about military strength or feats of bravery in order to increase their strength in the eyes of their enemies

it's just now in the modern world people can write books about it and get fame and riches

Chris Kyles book was probably no different, a book that says HA enemy I kill loads of you with ease and Im still alive and I kill from 3000 meters away , you will never see me coming !

its the perfect propaganda piece for moderate rebels to keep them quaking in their boots

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: network dude
Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

Oh, really? List them.

Keep hearing that claim, but where's the proof?

LOL! You want me to provide you with a list of all the transgender members of the armed services? RICH! Only on ATS!

www.rand.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I never really cared that homosexuals were finally allowed to openly serve. Who you prefer to sleep with does not affect your abillity to do your job. It does bother me quite a bit that females have been allowed in combat arms. The lowering of standards that has come with that is going to cost lives sooner or later.

The accomodation of such a minuscule portion of the population is insane. I heard it said the the main reason the Obama administration pushed for this was to weaken the institution and harm the military. I don't disagree with that. Taxpayers should not be paying for gender reassignment for military members in any form. Someone who cannot deal with the fact that they were born a certain sex, and would rarher be the other is not someone I would trust in battle.

There is no amount of propaganda that would ever convince me that someone who has transitioned is anything other than their birth sex with mutilated genitals and hormone therapy. No matter how well that surgery is done and how beautiful someone who has transitioned appears, it would instantly kill any attraction the moment I found out.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well you have a club for of hundreds and not one move on the guy. I would say that was indicative.

Because the club was dark, the shooting, at first outside, getting closer and closer, people beginning to panic and run every direction, now the (very loud) firing inside-- Bam bam ba-bam!, people dropping, the floor becoming slick with blood.

The wave of panic was understandable, the reaction by everyone is to run , away from gunfire, not towards it...

duh

edit on 27-7-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I think the issue was the cost of changing sex... 15,000(?) buys a lot of bullets.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
President Trump is the Commander in Chief. He is not just some idiot who happen to beat the odds. I appreciate this decision. First the timing was very tactical. He moves the conversations of the world by a tweet. The pen is mightier than the sword. The media is hounding the government so he gave them a new game to play. Second the reasoning is sound and unemotional. While individuals may get hurt feeling and all have opinions on who should be allowed to serve, the military was not designed for opportunities for all. It is for the few.

Transgender people deserve respect certainly. I have no issue in general. I feel they too are brave and strong. It must not be an easy decision. There are many opportunities to serve the nation and its people. However, The military however may not be one of them right now.
Transgender issues complicate the mission unnecessarily. The 0.3% of so has a disproportionate effect on the larger population. When you realize all the costs and structural changes needed to make it happens it make little sense. So some people are denied. The military is not weaker as result. And I wouldn't want to compromise our strength to accommodate them. But I do feel bad for those caught in the middle. It does suck for them.

Trump knows he is not winning new supporters. I don't think he has as strong as personal agendas as say Obama did. And I don't really believe if he cares for a second term. He is doing his duty as the people's choice (accept it he won) as Chief Executive and Commander in Chief. Breaking the status quo and challenging a gridlocked political system is music to my ears. I don't agree with allot of his views but I do respect his role in bringing change to Washington. Unorthodox methods that fly in face of establishment, criticized by the world but still he stands unshaken. How can people dismiss that as mere insanity?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Because the club was dark, the shooting, at first outside, getting closer and closer, people beginning to panic and run every direction, now the (very loud) firing inside-- Bam bam ba-bam!, people dropping, the floor becoming slick with blood.

The wave of panic was understandable, the reaction by everyone is to run , away from gunfire, not towards it...

duh

Chicken spits really. Make all the excuses you want.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

is no one catching on to the fact that transgender and transsexual are two completely different things? otherwise they'd most likely be called the same thing. transgenders don't need surgery and hormones and blood work and reconstruction. so if the cost of allowing transgender people into the military based on cost is the basis of your argument, you've automatically lost due to ignorance. and bigotry.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You still assume that the club was full of transgender service personnel who did nothing to prove your point that they would make terrible soldiers but you have provided no evidence of your claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join