It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Spider879

Exactly. If citizens want to join their country's military, they should be allowed to (b/c I'm sure not joining). Everything about the "no LGBTs in the military" argument is absurd.

Being gay doesn't prevent military service. Seems your creating a group that doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No, it seems like you have bad reading comprehension. Or do you not know what the "T" in LGBT stands for?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
This really is a good thing.

Anyone who was brainwashed by the GI Joe nonsense or other fake patriotism that is rampant in america now has an easy way out if they ever made the terrible mistake of joining the american military.

Being forced out and losing benefits would suck though.

I am so glad that I don't live in that cold backwards country.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FenderTwin
I am a female but have always felt that I should have been born a male. That is what makes one transgender. ... A re-assignment surgery does not. I served in the military back in the 'Do not Tell' period when they they let people like me serve. I feel I have done a service to my country fighting over seas, but yet I read message boards like these and I often fell like I am slapped in the face. I have a tough skin so you can call me 'Trash' a 'Gender Bender', 'Lesbo', 'Rug Cruncher' etc ... I did however serve and offered my life to protect my country ... Have You? Believe me I have flown places, dropped bombs (some which I regret but was under millitary orders to do so so I did) ... Again you get on a site like this filled with so much hatred. Once in a while I get a 'Thank You' message from a neighbour who thanks me for helping out our country and keeping it safe. ... And That is why I chose to serve.

Thank you for your service.

Thank you for proving people with your circumstance can serve with honor and not make the enlistment 'all about them.'

For what it's worth, I think Trump handled the situation wrong. All he had to say was that the military would not accommodate people who are confused by their gender, period stop. If a person wants to serve, they can volunteer but not expect any special treatment.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

*snip*

No, the argument is that the US Military is not a private employer and is not subject to the regulations placed on private business by government. They can and do discriminate on a variety of criteria.

As I am understanding it, the military services are covered under Title 10 of the United States Code, not ADA (or misc other labor laws):
uscode.house.gov - OLRC Home...

So they might then discriminate based on disability? But--and this is important--are homosexuals or transgenders (or whatever) disabled? I know homosexuals aren't, but I'm not sure of their stance on transgenders.

www.thebalance.com...

If they have any physical and/or mental issues that would prevent them from focusing on their mission, they can be disqualified. Them's the breaks.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Couldn't agree more with you on this!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
How about this?

It is not about LGBT in the military. It is about the military. When you serve in the military, you give up certain rights and freedoms and make yourself a cog in the military machine. You are subordinate to it. It does not exist to service you. Just like there are no African-American servicemen or Latino servicemen, there are or should be no LGBT servicemen. There are only servicemen.

If you cannot accept that you are just another soldier and no more or less than any other and treated just the same with no special privilege or exceptions or distinctions because you are white, black, LBGT, or purple with green spots, then you do not belong in the military. Conversely, you do not join the military expecting to form the rainbow brigade and write inspiring books about how you went from PFC John to PFC Jane during your service.

You are military and your job is to serve, the military and this country, not make it all about your personal role. Some people get this and they served under Don't Ask, Don't Tell and did just fine and we thank them for their service like any other soldier. Some think we need to have inspiring stories and how PFC John become PFC Jane and that this is more important than an effective and efficient fighting force.
edit on 27-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Spider879

Exactly. If citizens want to join their country's military, they should be allowed to (b/c I'm sure not joining). Everything about the "no LGBTs in the military" argument is absurd.

They are allowed to volunteer for service. Just because anyone can walk into an enlistment center does not mean they automatically qualify for service. Lots of white anglo-saxon protestants who are not confused about their gender get sent home too.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
seems like a minefield already

I can only imagine what its like to sit in the field in conflict awaiting supplies of food water and munitions and things get desperate , I can then only imagine further how it would feel for a TG to not have their meds when supply lines are cut

what happens to trans people when they suffer injury in combat where they suffer head wounds or genital wounds , how do they recover from this ? I understand pretty much the same way as any other human

what does it do to their psychology after a head wound, do they then question their choices?

if they lose their genitals in an accident do they then question their choices

Im just asking questions I have no idea , war is hell for anyone , so why put someone who is already going through hell on the front line !

at the same time if they pass the physical whats to stop them from serving.

it seems this just comes down to the all mighty dollar $$$ and nothing else!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess it's okay to write an inspiring story about your personal role as a super awesome sniper gunman while you were in the military, as long as you aren't trans (Chris Kyle).

What about all the trans soldiers who have bravely served with no drama or fanfare, and just did their job? You want to kick them out too?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

you have summed it up exactly , you are there to serve not to be served!

However I have not seen any evidence to suggest that the LGBT community are trying to get special considerations for transgenders in the military nothing more than anyone else would get at least.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Trump did it to get his Military Budget passed and appease people who were toting the cost of transsexuals as a problem. While the cost is insignificant compared to the hundreds of billions of dollars, it is not insignificant in general terms:

time.com...
the actual costs for transsexuals includes:
hormone replacement therapy
psychiatric oversight
routine blood work
genital surgery (5-25k)
then all the secondary sex characteristics fees, depending on the sex:
FTMs - breast removal (very expensive), facial/bone reconstruction (very expensive)
MTFs - facial/bone reconstruction. vocal cord surgery, electrolysis/laser (all very expensive)

By the time you are done paying for one transgender soldier to comfortably fit in with the opposite sex soldiers, you have spent about $50,000-100,000

Now lets compare that with sign up bonuses:

Navy Bonus and Incentives Overview

The Navy offers many incentives for joining; these include several types of cash signing bonuses, education bonuses, and additional incentives. If you qualify for more than one bonus the Navy may combine them to pay a combined bonus, which is not to exceed $30,000, except in the case of Nuclear and SEAL enlistment programs which are capped at $40,000.

Many cash enlistment incentives may also be combined with either the Navy's Student Loan Repayment Program or the Navy College Fund, but not both.
How the Navy Pays Bonuses

If you enlist for cash bonuses, the Navy will normally pay the entire bonus amount (lump sum), when you arrive at your first permanent duty station after you have successfully completed your training. In some cases, the Navy may pay the bonuses incrementally as you reach certain career milestones or complete special training.
Navy Cash Bonuses

The Navy's cash bonuses include bonuses for joining the Navy SEALS, choosing a high demand job specialty (called a Navy Rating), for selecting a specific date to begin basic training (called shipping dates), for having a college education, signing up for "Delayed Entry," and more.

The following is a quick summary of the current Navy Cash Bonus:

Enlisted Source Rate (Specialty) Bonuses (ESRBP ) -- Up to $15,000
Enlistment Bonus Source Rate with Navy College Fund (EBSR-NCF) -- Up to 8,000 plus up to $72,900 for the Navy College Fund.
Extended Enlistment Bonus -- Up to $5,000
College Education Bonus -- Up to $8,000
National Call to Service Bonus -- Combined incentives equal to more than $23,000.
Navy SEAL or Special Warfare Bonuses -- Up to $40,000
Extended Delayed Entry Program -- $500
High ASVAB score -- $100 for Each Month on DEP

it is not unreasonable to therefore conclude that 2-3 soldiers could be recruited and serve/get their college money for the price of every one transsexual.

Additionally, at this time, the surgeries do fail to create a fertile member of the human species, which implies during some repopulation scenario, each soldier subject to the current level of gender reassignment surgery would be a non viable candidate for repopulation. Repopulation rules also apply for Colonization, such as the new Space Corps military branch broken from the Airforce. While concepts like colonization and repopulation are far from the civilian agenda, they are consistent themes for the US Military, NORAD and nuclear bunkers, Seed Vaults, etc.

In theory if the medical procedures for gender reassignment yielded soldiers with full capacities as the opposite sex, it is highly likely there would be far less controversy.
edit on 27-7-2017 by skynet2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

wouldnt have made any difference if chris kyle was trans and was a super awesome sniper writing a story about being a sniper
because the story was about his service not about being trans !

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

I think a happy medium of they can serve, but the military will not pay for anything related to their sex change would be good.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Losing their meds is one reason why I would not have been considered despite having been an elite level athlete. I also had migraine and needed medication.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I guess it's okay to write an inspiring story about your personal role as a super awesome sniper gunman while you were in the military, as long as you aren't trans (Chris Kyle).

What about all the trans soldiers who have bravely served with no drama or fanfare, and just did their job? You want to kick them out too?

Notice how Chris Kyle did that while he was actively serving?

Oh, wait, no he didn't ...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It was about how special he was. You aren't supposed to be special in the military. You are just like every else. Just another cog in the wheel.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

So you're okay with a trans person writing an inspiring book about their experience as a trans soldier, as long as they do it after they get out? I'm not sure I understand the significance of the timing.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

special is what some may call it , others would simply see it as excellence in the service of your country
you know the type of excellence that gets your medals

Many people join the military and never think anything of it and serve and retire, others join thinking nothing of it , serve and perform feats of courage and bravery which makes them stand out amongst their company so those men or women are then awarded medals or they gain rank , so being special in the military is rewarded.

Then those really special soldiers are moved into "special" units , i'm sure you have heard of the special air services!
so being special in the military is recognised the world over and rewarded

Evidently some humans are just really special at killing other humans or leading other humans to kill other humans, not something Id care to reward or recognise but its not my show!
edit on 27-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-7-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

Cant help but remember how all those sweet peas down in FLA just let a guy walk around in the nite club and just execute them. Not one attempt was made to bum rush the guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join