It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No he thought he could get conservatives who are pissed at how he's treating Sessions to be happy again if he did this. It's the distraction Du Jour.

On a related lateral note Paul Manifort has turned over contemporaneous notes he took during the June 2016 meeting with Russians close to Putin. Now isn't that interesting? If they were in and out???
He took notes...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Trump is just stupid..

He is gonna get screwed for this hard...

A lot of people backed trump because he was FOR TRANSGENDER BATHROOMS!!

It was a sign he wasn't interested in the social issues and might actually help improve the GOPs problems with that portion of the pop.
Trump will do anything to make friends.Trump understands demographics,he understands that racist people have very low inteligence and will follow and do as they are told at a moments notice.Trump is so desperate to be liked so he's over turning any and everything that Obama did...just cause.
He understands that the people that support him are just like he is,"Deplorable".So he uses that to his advantage to herd his special little sheaple to making america great again.

He will do any thing to be loved.
edit on 27-7-2017 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

As a life long democrat he has to personally know his policies suck huh???

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Maybe someone already mentioned this, but the Pentagon was as surprised as the rest of us, BTW I saw a clip of a documentary, about a bronze star awardee a former member of Seal team 6, did some serious duty in hotspots the world over, made me think, no need to bar ppl like that from an all volunteer service.

edit on 27-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Perfectenemy

Neither is a wart being removed... or plastic surgery.. or any of the other unnecessary procedures people use on a daily basis....

There is zero chance this flies..

Isn't it considered unconstitutional to discriminate over this??

Imagaine a female in a war zone who needs a hysterectomy...

Imagaine a male in a warzone with a broken leg...

Race, sex , age , religion or sexual orientation right??

Does he not even ask his lawyers first??

Ah, but soldiers do NOT get plastic surgery. Unless they were trans, under the O plan, that is. That is special treatment, and I am glad to see it tossed out!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

He is trying to drag the story away from Russia and energize his base..which the majority of are anti everything gay or trans..

"...trying to drag the story away..."...did you really say that?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BTW, what the heck does Russia have to do with anything? What, you think he's worried that O and H selling uranium to Russia will hurt him??

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: network dude
Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

Oh, really? List them.

Keep hearing that claim, but where's the proof?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

It was about time to stop the insanity. We have had transgendered soldiers/sailors sue the government for "hormone therapy" and even "sex operations" to be paid at the expense of the tax payer.

Pentagon to Pay for Some Sex-Change Operations for Transgender Troops

BTW, some transgerder folk agree with President Trump.

I Was Once Transgender. Why I Think Trump Made the Right Decision for the Military.

The insanity of the Obama era, at least in this regard, is over.

edit on 27-7-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

Valid question, but not sure you will like the answer. If someone wants to serve, they need to be able to serve where needed, not where their lifestyle choices allow them to serve. How would it be fair to say some men must be on the front lines, but other men cannot be, because their surgical (elective) complications prevent it? That's not fair or equal treatment.

For what it's worth, I a not really comfortable with women in many military positions, either. That as a woman veteran, and wife of a career soldier. Women don't belong in combat areas for certain. Should they be paid the same as the men, if they can't do the same work?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: underwerks
I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

Intelligence apparently doesn't count.

Only "grunts" need apply.

Meaning what, exactly? are you claiming that non-trans recruits can't be intelligent?? That certainly seems to be your claim.

Beyond lame.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: eNumbra
Was there some sort of study done about Transfolk signing up just to get a free reassignment and not serving their term? Or did someone pull that talking point out of their ass and some of you have latched on to it as a rallying cry?

Dear all supporters of trans in the military,

Is it possible to compromise on trans allowed but the taxpayers dont have to pay for their sex / gender reassignment surgery and related therapies, or is there just no hope for reasonable compromise with you?

Sure. I don't think taxpayers should have to pay for soldiers' dependents either. Would save a ton of money.

But you're sure for forcing businesses to pay for the family members of homosexuals, aren't you? So "equal"....NOT.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Is joining the military a right, or a privilege? If it's a right, then nobody would ever "wash out", but they do. Why? because they couldn't adapt to the military way. It's not a crime, it's a fact.

But there are already thousands of transgender folk servicing that didn't wash out. Trump's major excuse for excluding them is "medical costs", he says, not fitness.

Oh, really? List them.

List all the non-transgender folk.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Didn't his original tweet site medical costs as his reason for this?

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow ... Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming ... victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you,” Trump wrote in the morning tweets

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: allsee4eye
If they are transgender, they could go hush hush and join secretly.

That's what I was thinking. Is it easier for the military entrance doctor to tell if you were a man, or if you were a woman? From what I remember, he didn't check us over all that thoroughly. Next..Next...Next...

Of they did a proper physical, believe me, they'd know. No way to hide that. Not unless the standards are a LOT lower than when I enlisted.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Oh, really? List them.

List all the non-transgender folk.

No, doesn't work that way. Someone claiming "thousands" of trans people are serving needs to provide the proof, or stip making the claim.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Didn't his original tweet site medical costs as his reason for this?

After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow ... Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming ... victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you,” Trump wrote in the morning tweets

Medical costs are a huge part of the problem with O's stupid little plan. That the medical issues (already covered quite nicely elsewhere in the thread) would also disqualify a person is another part of it. The mental issues are yet another. Many reasons trans people serving in the military is a bad idea. That's all part of the "disruption" he also mentioned.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

The reason behind the decision has nothing to do with devotion or duty or honor.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
the transgenders might be fit to do duties as independent subcontractors, that do support activities for the military...

but the Generals are correct...high-heel soldiers that are undergoing sex organ adjustments are not qualified to be active duty personnel

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Exactly. If citizens want to join their country's military, they should be allowed to (b/c I'm sure not joining). Everything about the "no LGBTs in the military" argument is absurd.

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Oh, really? List them.

I saw a number from the DOD that 250 soldiers have requested there gender to be changed. So active duty is probably very low. The reserves and the guard I bet are considerably higher. Trans people tend to have a problem finding employment so the guard is a great way to suppliment income.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join