It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Explain why it is silly?.
Here a quote from a UK Captain.

“I can’t think of anywhere better.” In the military, she is valued for her competence as an officer, she says. In the heat of battle, her comrades care more for her skills with a tank than intricate issues of gender.

So again you just deflect it is a really simple question.
Anyhow answer or not I proved my point here.

Good for her and the UK army.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MortonBunkum
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't say anything at all about "reasonable accommodation" and it never occurred to me that it would be an issue. I'm saying if you want to be in the military, go be in the military! You make it or you don't. No 'special treatment.'

for chrissakes

Perhaps you are not paying attention to the issue then.

Trans people are receiving free transition procedures, and tons of accommodations including medicinal and therapy treatments, and living and restroom accommodations.

The argument is that these accommodations are unduly expensive, and that these in addition with the fact that military members may be uncomfortable with serving with these people and upset at their special accommodations is hurting the military.

Why do you ignore all of this, and try to simply say if they want to serve they should be allowed?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

No one stops them from volunteering

irrelevant and not the topic

But the military doesn't take every volunteer, and they are under no mandate to do so.

they should, though

if someone volunteers, they should be admitted and have an "audition" with exactly the stuff that the most fit young Nebraska high-school grad is able to manage

sink or swim

maybe there should be a mandate that they take EVERYONE who volunteers

survival of the fittest via front-line combat or IT-genius or Blue Angel Pilot.....

that's how guys like to do it.
Chest-pounding jocks.

edit on 26-7-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Trump is CnC.

He takes the heat.

Except for when he doesn't and he blames someone/everything else and says screw it I don't care fake news

And it's Trump

^unqualified crappy 'actor' who hasn't got a clue^

They make a cream for that hurt, ya know.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Actually many people in the LGBT community love Trump and are very pro-Trump.

True, I should have said "most LGBT"

I would guess that even after this policy, he will still have many LGBT supporters. So again, not a yuuge deal.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Does the U.S. military make a habit of catering to individuals? Asking for a friend.

Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone personally know, as in face to face close to, a trans currently serving?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Actually many people in the LGBT community love Trump and are very pro-Trump.

True, I should have said "most LGBT"

I would guess that even after this policy, he will still have many LGBT supporters. So again, not a yuuge deal.

Yeah. Even our own transgender ATS member agrees that they shouldn't transition with surgery during the service.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Trans people are receiving free transition procedures, and tons of accommodations including medicinal and therapy treatments, and living and restroom accommodations.

I'm following just fine. I asked buddgerbud for sources proving that the military has paid for those things

he failed to provide them, and i you have them please by all means just link them. i had no aware that manning's procedure was paid for by the military, and if that is true, it is really really strange

that money could house an entire family from Syria who have been displaced by the "grads".

not even mentioning the rampant mental unease of those who have served and their loved ones

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

1) It's not irrelevant nor off topic.
2) No, they should take the best of the best
3) (checks that this is the mudpit, confirms) Survival of the Fittest and Chest-pounding... now you are being emotional, ignorant and insulting to the nature of military service.
edit on 26-7-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is a list of Medical conditions that can cause you to not be able to enlist.

www.military.com...

These are the ones 'sexual' or gender based

Genitalia
The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction are:

a. Female genitalia.

(1) Abnormal uterine bleeding, including menorrhagia, metrorrhagia, or polymenorrhea.

(2) Amenorrhea, unexplained.

(3) Dysmenorrhea, incapacitating to a degree recurrently necessitating absences of more than a few hours from routine activities.

(4) Endometriosis.

(5) Hermaphroditism.

(6) Menopausal syndrome, if manifested by more than mild constitutional or mental symptoms, or artificial menopause if less than 1 year's duration.

(7) Ovarian cysts, persistent, clinically significant.

(8) Pelvic inflammatory disease, acute or chronic.

(9) Pregnancy.

(10) Uterus, congenital absence of, or enlargement due to any cause.

(11) Vulvar or vaginal ulceration, including herpes genitalia and condyloma acuminatum, acute or chronic, not amenable to treatment. Such treatment must be given and demonstrated effective prior to accession.

(12) Abnormal Pap smear graded LGSIL or higher severity, or any smear in which the descriptive terms carcinoma-in-situ, invasive cancer, condyloma acuminatum, human papilloma virus, or dysplasia are used.

(13) Major abnormalities and defects of the genitalia such as a change of sex. A history thereof, or dysfunctional residuals from surgical correction of these conditions.

b. Male genitalia.

(1) Absence of both testicles, either congenital, or acquired, or unexplained absence of a testicle.

(2) Epispadias or Hypospadias, when accompanied by evidence of infection of the urinary tract, or if clothing is soiled when voiding.

(3) Undiagnosed enlargement or mass of testicle or epididymis.

(4) Undescended testicle(s).

(5) Orchitis, acute or chronic epididymitis.

(6) Penis, amputation of, if the resulting stump is insufficient to permit normal micturition.

(7) Penile infectious lesions, including herpes genitalis and condyloma acuminata, acute or chronic, not amenable to treatment. Such treatment must be given and demonstrated effective prior to accession.

(8) Prostatitis, acute or chronic.

(9) Hydrocele. Left varicocele, if painful, or any right varicocele.

c. Major abnormalities and defects of the genitalia, such as a change of sex, a history thereof, or dysfunctional residuals from surgical correction of these conditions.

So, I guess having 'BIG BALLS' does not help when enlisting...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

After consultation with my Generals...

My Generals. Mine. MY Generals.

Why does he refer to our Generals as his? The men and women who swore an oath to the Constitution and the United States are not his property or personal military force. He is not CEO of America, he is the President of the United States.

He may be Commander in Chief but that doesn't make the military his. They are our military not his.

Furthermore, on topic; Whoever he consulted with he didn't even tell them that he was going to make this announcement:

Pentagon and Trump don't appear coordinated on military transgender ban

Pentago n 'worried Trump was going to declare war on North Korea' during today's tweets about military

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Trump is CnC.

He takes the heat.

Except for when he doesn't and he blames someone/everything else and says screw it I don't care fake news

And it's Trump

^unqualified crappy 'actor' who hasn't got a clue^

They make a cream for that hurt, ya know.

consinder a spuscription for him as a gift if he dont tweet back pronto

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'm following just fine. I asked buddgerbud for sources proving that the military has paid for those things

he failed to provide them, and i you have them please by all means just link them. i had no aware that manning's procedure was paid for by the military, and if that is true, it is really really strange

that money could house an entire family from Syria who have been displaced by the "grads".

not even mentioning the rampant mental unease of those who have served and their loved ones

You are right to demand evidence.

However, it is common knowledge to many. But here is a source for you, and you can google many more.

The department will begin providing transgender service members on active duty all "medically necessary" treatment starting Oct. 1, said Air Force Maj. Ben Sakrisson, the Pentagon spokesman. Treatment could include behavioral health care, hormone therapy, and in some cases gender reassignment surgery. Service members must be diagnosed as stable in their preferred gender for 18 months before they can receive treatment.

"The Secretary of Defense has made clear that service members with a diagnosis from a military medical provider indicating that gender transition is medically necessary will be provided medical care and treatment for the diagnosed medical condition," Sakrisson said.

www.military.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

So don't pay for the transition. Make it a requirement that military service must be before or after the transition. Sounds like a fair compromise to me.

Remember when white soldiers were "uncomfortable" serving with black soldiers? They got over it.

link   
a reply to: links234

Because he didn't consult with Obama's generals.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Now, if the majority of those serving have no problem with serving along sides trans people, then I think Trump has madde a huge mistake.

Soldiers do as they're told. If they're told to serve next to trannies ... then that's exactly what they'll do.

The problem with trannies is the same problem with homosexuals. They've lived their entire lives as liars. This is a growing realization in the security community. You've got an insider over there that absolutely cannot be trusted to tell you the truth.

Further, they think they have to violate laws and break rules to achieve a level playing field. Next you're dealing with SJWs defending 'these people' for the bad choices they've made. The trannies serving in uniform right now are comparable to illegal immigrants. They need to go to jail.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So don't pay for the transition. Make it a requirement that military service must be before or after the transition. Sounds like a fair compromise to me.

Remember when white soldiers were "uncomfortable" serving with black soldiers? They got over it.

The black soldiers weren't demanding procedures to become caucasian, asian or latino while they were serving.

EDIT: Someone contact Rachel Dolezal!!!!
edit on 26-7-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

But but but....

Thats prejudice!!!!!!

The military should accept anyone with any disease and make accommodations for them!!!

Just ask all of the celebrities tweeting today!

First they came for the people with undescended testicles, and we said nothing.

And now they come for the Trans and everyone else!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I find it odd that the people most offended by not having TG people in the military are people who themselves did not want to be in the military. While it would seem that people who have served in the military, or are currently serving, aren't offended by this decision. I'm not painting everyone this way, but the general consensus seems to be that.

Not that people who haven't served should have no say in the actions of the military. It's just something that I've noticed. My Facebook feed is lit up with people who love social justice, but would never serve if asked of their own free will.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You quoted my whole post, but I don't think you read my whole post.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join