It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But all in all, this is just about a non issue to me when you look at all of the other problems this country and the world face.

about which there is no action either.
pressing problems but no action
just lots of blustering and false eyelashes and reality tv via tweets

link   
Some decent information sources are suggesting that this is a diversion and that something really big is in the works. If true, its a genius move, not something the Anti Trump would ever consider as true. Also if true, its working. The MSM is on fire with this story! Truly triggered.

Lets see what happens.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: MortonBunkum

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I agree with his statement. Why should the military pay for a sex change? It was ridicilous from the start and catering to a few percent isn't worth it.
Who said anyone was paying for it except the individual?

who ever said the military should pay for a sex change

They all said it.

Haven't you been listening?

They paid for manning.

Indeed they did...(meaning "we", the taxpayer.)

How Much Does Gender Reassignment Surgery Actually Cost

Our best look at what the total cost for reassignment in the U.S. comes from the Philadelphia Center for Transgender Surgery. Their package deal for a bevy of reassignment procedures for a candidate going from male to female is $140,450. Their package covering female-to-male transition is $124,400. That estimate, however, doesn’t factor in a lifetime supply of HRT, the cost of travel to a chosen clinic, lost work days, and other expenses.

No mention of psychiatric counseling before and after said surgery.

Nope....nothing against transgender persons, but gender dysphoria is high anxiety. No place in the military for it. Plus, it creates issues others have to deal with unnecessarily.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: yuppa

Make sure you don't enlighten him about the other animals that also change sex... it might blow his tiny little mind.

Do animals pump themselves full of big pharmaceuticals and pay thousands of dollars so called doctors to switch their 'sex' ?

Some people sure do need enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Care to answer the question or are you just going to deflect?. My point can not be argued Trans folk can be as brave as you or as weak as you, they are all different and some will excel at what they do and some will fail just like the rest of us.
Here it is again which would you prefer fighting next to you a cowardly man or a brave transsexual?.

link   
originally posted by: queenofswords

Nope....nothing against transgender persons, but gender dysphoria is high anxiety. No place in the military for it. Plus, it creates issues others have to deal with unnecessarily.

Boom. Right there.
edit on 26-7-2017 by FarEastManor because: D'oh.

link   

Sources.
Reliable, fact-checked sources.
if you please

also who is They All

??
you are eye-witness?

just curious

Who is gonna pay for it was your question. Right?

I think if they join up fully converted, there should be no problem.

edition.cnn.com...

www.statnews.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Funny you should mention autism.
www.theatlantic.com...

There was a Ben Afflack movie called The Accountant where he played a butt kicking autistic guy.

I am sure there is a place for people with some levels of autism that could not only be effective, but in some ways better than those without.

However, I work with people with disabilities everyday, and believe me, I wish more than anything that the world could adapt to make them more in place and comfortable.

But it just isn't possible.

As far as transgender, I don't understand why they couldn't serve in non combat roles. But I dont agree with paying for their surgeries and treatments, etc.

Again, I have no access to evidence either anecdotal or empirical that addresses trans impact on the military.

I only have three major points.

1. Banning trans from the military isn't proof of hating trans.

2. The military isn't a social experiment.

3. Once more, Trump appears to have bungled up the release of this policy.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

my question was: why are you of the belief that the military paid for manning's transition (did they?) and who says that those in the military should have the procedure paid for by the military?

who has asked the military to pay for their transition?

for whose transition have they paid?

edit on 26-7-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Banning trans without trying to understand the issue may indicate hate. There are many transgender people already serving in the military and they are doing a very good job.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Trump wins again,

The interwebs have gone berserk over people mentally incapable of fulfilling their role in the military.

They want mangirls hiding from the front lines and girlboys in the trenches, Trump sides with Generals and says no way.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Here in the UK we allow it. A good article here.

www.ft.com...

“I joined the army not because I wanted to be a trans woman in the army. I joined because I wanted to be an engineer,”

I personally think you are shooting yourselves in the foot turning away potential talent.

link   

Then they don't need to be in the military.

when will it be that no one at all "needs" to be in the military
?
how about just no more military

who said there has to be a military at all to begin with and that only some people get to sign up to go get killed but others can't even have a chance to sign up to go get killed

?

Try getting in with an obvious death wish.

Why don't they just take serial killers and murderers?

Try getting in with bone spurs or flat feet.

If Tump promises to draft them first when the next war starts, will that be ok?

link   
a reply to: neo96

Do animals pump themselves full of big pharmaceuticals and pay thousands of dollars so called doctors to switch their 'sex' ?

They pump themselves full of big pharmaceuticals so they can be the fastest and best at sports, and so they can keep erections or clear up acne or be relieved of chronic discomfort

why not for physical change of gender?

people are animals

and are the only animals who are so fixated on "sex" (the act or the label) or "gender identity".

edit on 26-7-2017 by MortonBunkum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Because they pay for every single other healthcare related thing for our service members...

The military has amazing insurance..

They are not creating some new entitlement.

It is just their insurance policy covering their healthcare needs..

Funny how in the end all of this "I shouldn't have to pay for that". Benefits the insurance companies more than anyone else..

Hmm..

I'm sure that is just random chance huh

In the 90s I was denied entry into the army and air force because I wear glasses and need braces.

The military can refuse anyone for any reason.

Just ask Hillary.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Military preparedness is about following standards and regulations. There are no individuals in the military, and very little room for anything outside of an established standard.

Due to this very reason alone - taking away all of the gender and identity politics, once you enter the military, you give up most of your rights and individuality. Literally. It's part of the cost of joining, and expecting special treatment for any reason whatsoever is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Here in the UK we allow it. A good article here.

www.ft.com...

“I joined the army not because I wanted to be a trans woman in the army. I joined because I wanted to be an engineer,”

I personally think you are shooting yourselves in the foot turning away potential talent.

And if all that person wants to do is serve and train as an engineer, great.

If they complain about their gender and distract from the mission, out they go.

EDIT: I'm not opposed to someone who is confused about their gender serving in the military, so long as they:

1) Meet the physical standards for the gender they enlist as - and I mean what biology says they are, not their 'feelings'
2) Keep meeting the physical standards for the true gender they enlisted as
3) Join so they can serve as a soldier and not bring their mental baggage along.
4) Not demand special medical procedures that will modify their body (and therefore physical standards) and remove them from service for an indeterminate amount of time. This counts towards combat and non-combat roles.

You enlist to serve, not to become part of a social experiment.
edit on 26-7-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Banning trans without trying to understand the issue may indicate hate. There are many transgender people already serving in the military and they are doing a very good job.

Perhaps there should have been more research done BEFORE Obama decreed from on high that they could serve in all capacities and should have their treatments paid for.

I don't know, but I bet most people serving, or at least a substantial amount, will support Trumps decision.

What proof do you have that

1. Trump or his advisors didn't try to understand the issue.

2. Trans people are doing a good job.

link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Care to answer the question or are you just going to deflect?. My point can not be argued Trans folk can be as brave as you or as weak as you, they are all different and some will excel at what they do and some will fail just like the rest of us.
Here it is again which would you prefer fighting next to you a cowardly man or a brave transsexual?.

I'm not going to answer a silly hypothetical question.

But if you insist, I rather have a Klingon next to me.

link   
People who want to volunteer should be free to do so. Without being "recruited" or having to do it as "punishment" for some legalistic "transgression"......
Regardless of their sexual orientation or size or shape or skin color. If they are competent to make the choice, they should be allowed to make that choice. Not under threat.

THAT is a volunteer army.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join