It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

I didnt imply any direct implications directly on you, or whatever.

But seriously, how can people who have undergone GENITAL MUTILATION SURGERIES be expected to pass the same physical standards as everyone else. Suuuure, if they can then maybe (there's still the mental issues to consider). But I just cant believe a significant percentage truly would. And then this part about they're supposed to get the surgeries as part of their sign up package, even though it could take years to reach a level anywhere near 'full recovery'.

This whole topic is completely insane, all things considered.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Again, what's the issue when the majority of transgender people don't have or want surgery?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
I feel like if there are exclusions like this just because of someones medical expenses or identity, then I hope to never see a Draft, and if I do, I expect to not see any of my trans friends forced into it.

"Your sacrifice is good enough when we say it is"

-Alee

If there is ever a draft, expect to see an upsurge in transgendered people

ETA: I'm just thinking and wondering. Aren't there numerous medical conditions that would preclude someone from being able to serve in the military? How is this different? If the person who wishes to serve has already transitioned to their desired gender then I'm not sure there is a problem, but if they have not I think I can see the logic in this decision.
edit on 26-7-2017 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

No they haven't.
Trump didn't consult anybody.
Just like he never sent anyone to investigate Obama's birth in Hawaii. ( And you WONT BELIEVE what they are finding) What a joke.
He didn't consult anyone.
He is just going down a list of things Obama did trying to undo every one. We all know what his secret agenda is and nobody is being fooled. Well some but not a lot. Lol.

Muslims would disagree with your viewpoints.

You need to be more accepting of the opinions of others. Or do you hate Muslims too and think they're stupid? Can't have it both ways. Or of course you could point to the large transgender community serving for Muslim armed forces around the world.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh yeah, to be fair the generals already said trans folks can serve, so who am I to questioned the experts. It does make Trump's tweet seem a bit fishy though.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The military isn't a social experiment. The military is about effectiveness not virtue signaling. The battlefield isn't a liberal arts college. There are no safe spaces.

They also do not allow overweight, mentally ill, drug addicts, or felons simply for the fact that they are a detriment to the effectiveness of the military as a whole.

This isn't a game folks.

edit on 26-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A transgender Navy Seal just called out Trump..

A retired Navy SEAL Team 6 hero who is transgender had a message for President Donald Trump after he announced the US military would bar transgender people from serving.

"Let's meet face to face and you tell me I'm not worthy," Kristin Beck, a 20-year veteran of the Navy SEALs, told Business Insider on Wednesday. "Transgender doesn't matter. Do your service."

Link

While Trump dodged the draft with help from daddy..

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

A retired Navy SEAL Team 6 hero who is transgender had a message for President Donald Trump after he announced the US military would bar transgender people from serving.

"Let's meet face to face and you tell me I'm not worthy," Kristin Beck, a 20-year veteran of the Navy SEALs, told Business Insider on Wednesday. "Transgender doesn't matter. Do your service."

Link

Meh, just more virtue signaling.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Link

Meh, just more deflection.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Good. It's about time we stopped catering to the mentally ill.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Here goes some more perspective for you demagogues to ignore so you can keep smearing Trump and labeling everyone bigots etc:

Medical Conditions That May Prevent You From Joining the Military
Abdominal Organs and Gastrointestinal System

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction are an authenticated history of:

a. Esophagus. Ulceration, varices, fistula, achalasia, or other dismotility disorders; chronic or recurrent esophagitis if confirmed by appropriate x-ray or endoscopic examination.

b. Stomach and duodenum.

(1) Gastritis. Chronic hypertrophic, or severe.

(2) Active ulcer of the stomach or duodenum confirmed by x-ray or endoscopy.

(3) Congenital abnormalities of the stomach or duodenum causing symptoms or requiring surgical treatment, except a history of surgical correction of hypertrophic pyloric stenosis of infancy.

c. Small and large intestine.

(1) Inflammatory bowel disease. Regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis, ulcerative proctitis.

(2) Duodenal diverticula with symptoms or sequelae (hemorrhage, perforation, etc.).

(3) Intestinal malabsorption syndromes, including postsurgical and idiopathic.

(4) Congenital. Condition, to include Meckel's diverticulum or functional abnormalities, persisting or symptomatic within the past 2 years.

d. Gastrointestinal bleeding. History of, unless the cause has been corrected, and is not otherwise disqualifying.

e. Hepato-pancreatic-biliary tract.

(4) Pancreatitis. Acute and chronic.

f. Anorectal.

(1) Anal fissure if persistent, or anal fistula.

(2) Anal or rectal polyp, prolapse, stricture, or incontinence.

(3) Hemorrhoids, internal or external, when large, symptomatic, or history of bleeding.

g. Spleen.

(1) Splenomegaly, if persistent.

(2) Splenectomy, except when accomplished for trauma, or conditions unrelated to the spleen, or for hereditary spherocytosis.

h. Abdominal wall.

(1) Hernia, including inguinal, and other abdominal, except for small, asymptomatic umbilical or asymptomatic hiatal.

(2) History of abdominal surgery within the preceding 60 days, except that individuals post-laparoscopic cholecystectomy may be qualified after 30 days.

i. Other.

(1) Gastrointestinal bypass or stomach stapling for control of obesity.

(2) Persons with artificial openings.

And that's only maybe 10% of the page. You should get the idea. But of course you wont. Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Link

Weird thing is I can tell you're a hardcore Trump supporter. Your stance in here is quite anti-Muslim and against much of their belief system.

Shocking.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It should be noted by anyone thinking this is some informed decision.
The Pentagon and dept of defense were completely taken aback by this tweet.
So no he did not consult his generals.
And like I said earlier Colonel Sanders and Cap'n Crunch don't count. Neither does General Mills.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

What is his 'secret' agenda? This should be a doozy....

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

LOL!

You have any source for the top part?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Here's a good read for you.

calhoun.nps.edu...

This study explores the policies, problems, and prospects related to transgenders serving in the U.S. military. Simply defined, “transgender” refers to persons whose gender identity, behavior, or expression does not conform to their sex assigned at birth. Yet, as the present study shows, the terminology and associated issues are complicated and defy simple definitions. The U.S. military currently prohibits transgenders from joining or serving openly, as seen in policies and medical standards identified by the study. A number of other nations do not prohibit transgenders from serving in their military. The study focuses on the practices of two such nations, Australia and Canada. Also examined is the trend toward changing medical classifications of transgender, resulting from revised perspectives by the world’s most authoritative sources. Notably, these sources have shifted away from classifying gender incongruence as a disorder or placing it in a mental health category. The study concludes that medical reasons for excluding transgenders from the U.S. military are inconsistent with prevailing views. Several areas for further research are recommended.

According to the Palm Center’s Report of the Transgender Military Service Commission, there are an estimated “700,000 transgender Americans, representing about .2% of the public” (Elders, Steinman, Brown, Coleman, & Kolditz, 2014, p. 5). In the U.S. military, it is estimated that 15,450 transgenders are serving at present; this includes roughly 8,800 active-duty personnel and 6,650 members of the National Guard and other reserve components (Elders et al., 2014). There are also an estimated 134,350 transgender veterans (Elders et al., 2014). The numbers indicate that transgender Americans are three times more likely to serve in the U.S. military than are non-transgender Americans (Elders et al., 2014). So, why are transgender people currently prohibited from serving openly, without the fear of disclosure and discharge, in America’s All-Volunteer Force?

Over the course of U.S. military history, various groups of people, such as blacks, women, and homosexuals, have been denied fair and equal treatment because of what they are, not who they are. Being a citizen and being otherwise qualified to serve meant little in the face of prejudice and the prevailing ignorance of the times. The difficult lessons of the nation’s past demonstrate clearly why exclusionary policies contradict the most-revered and recognized declaration of American government, that all persons should be treated as essentially equal.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Glad we agree then, have a star. I'm not sure what circumcision's got to do with it, but yes, if the mental condition checks out and if their genitals aren't interfering too much, then it's A-OK. The best thing is that it wouldn't cost any extra for the army.

And as you read in my post, I don't think it's reasonable to recruit someone and then wait for them to transition before they can actually serve.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Link

Not to mention confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance, etc.
A former member of SEAL team 6 effectively disarms a number of arguments on this thread and it's just glossed right over.

Nice find underwerks.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There's a difference between being a transsexual and being a cross dresser.
Not that I expect you to know that.
Transgender is not cross dressing those are mostly straight men and transgender is not gay or homosexual.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Again, you are wrong....

www.militarytimes.com...

It was Mattis. Like I said earlier in the thread.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is giving the military chiefs another six months to conduct a review to determine if allowing transgender individuals to enlist in the armed services will affect the "readiness or lethality" of the force. Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said Mattis made the decision Friday. The delay in allowing the enlistment of new recruits does not affect transgender troops who are already serving openly in the military. "After consulting with the service chiefs and secretaries, I have determined that it is necessary to defer the start of accessions for six months," Mattis said in a memo that was sent Friday to the service chiefs and secretaries and was obtained by The Associated Press. "We will use this additional time to evaluate more carefully the impact of such accessions on readiness and lethality."

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join