It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Maybe if you keep denying it it will go away...

Nope won't work.

(post by 07271978googleme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What if they're just patriotic people who want to serve their country? If they're qualified (pass the tests, meet the standards, etc.), why shouldn't we let them serve?

That's all I'm saying.

No, you're bitching about one of the standards. If a military standard is that you have to be mentally stable where your birth gender is concerned, then that is a STANDARD which must be met. Pure and simple.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

It doesn't have to make sense to you. What should make sense is that we let people be free to do what they want if they meet the requirements.

That does make sense, and the military has decided that allowing transgenders to serve has a detrimental effect on job they are tasked with doing.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Remember when it was to get out of the service and not in? I do....

or to not be able to serve....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002017-07-26T15:17:56-05:000356 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Those in the military you need to be able to not question authority and to do their duty as a man or woman.

So here is a question: If a human being cannot accept ho nature and evolution made them (or God or whatever you believe), and they expect the government to pay for them to change as well, they are not really fit mentally to serve in the military. We need secure men or women, not those insecure about the way nature made them. You cannot have double minded people in the military.

They should go get a job in a store, or as a salesman or something. That is fine, just not a job where double-minded, insecure or confused people could endanger others.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
a reply to: introvert
a reply to: Gandalf77
a reply to: Cutepants

You all tell me if these issues sounds like military grade humans (just on the phsycial aspects alone)? And please do articulate!

Gender reassignment surgery--a 13 year review of surgical outcomes
PURPOSE: The aim of this study is to thoroughly report on surgical outcomes from 332 patients who underwent male to female gender reassignment surgery (GRS).

MATERIAL AND METHODS: Records from 332 patients who underwent GRS from 1995 to 2008 were reviewed. All patients were submitted to penile inversion vaginoplasty with glans-derived sensate clitoroplasty. Mean age was 36.7 years (range 19-68 years). Surgical complications were stratified in 5 main groups: genital region, urinary tract, gastrointestinal events, wound healing disorders and unspecific events.

RESULTS: Progressive obstructive voiding disorder due to meatal stenosis was the main complication observed in 40% of the patients, feasibly corrected during the second setting. Stricture recurrence was found in 15%. Stricture of vaginal introitus was observed in 15% of the cases followed by 12% and 8% of vaginal stenosis and lost of vaginal depth, respectively. Rectal injury was seen in 3% and minor wound healing disorders in 33% of the subjects.

CONCLUSION: Regarding male to female GRS, a review of the current literature demonstrated scarce description of complications and their treatment options. These findings motivated a review of our surgical outcomes. Results showed a great number of adverse events, although functionality preserved. Comparision of our outcomes with recent publications additionally showed that treatment options provide satisfying results. Moreover, outcomes reaffirm penile inversion vaginoplasty in combination with glans-derived sensate clitoroplasty as a safe technique. Nevertheless, discussing and improving surgical techniques in order to reduce complications and their influence on patient's quality of life is still strongly necessary and theme of our future reports.

Sex Reassignment Surgery: When Things Go Wrong
My Surgeon Doesn't Know How to Fix It
Then, seemingly, neither does anyone else. My SRS surgeon attempted to fix the two-inch tear in my colon while I was still there, the repair failed in less than twelve hours. Next, a colon-rectal surgeon was found in the nearest large city and brought in to look at me. He aborted his attempt to repair the defect and instead, performed a full colostomy.

I flew home to Michigan with a bag attached to my abdomen and thick pads between my legs to soak up the blood.

A local colon-rectal surgeon, persuaded to see me by my primary care physician, was upbeat. Each time I went into surgery with him he would encourage me, saying "this time we'll get it". Coming out of surgery, my spouse Cindy would hear from him how well it went and that he was "optimistic this time" the closure would take and a new defect would not open up.

Another surgeon who has had some success with other fistula patients seemed promising, but eight months later, under the pressure of a barium test, that repair too, failed.

I have had stitch-overs, mucosal flap advancements, and pelvic floor muscle mobilization; each new approach diminishes what viable tissue I have for another attempt. I have tried to go into every surgery with a realistic outlook; multiple failures however, become difficult to bear.

Still, I am one of the fortunate ones with this complication; I stand a chance, albeit small, for an eventually favorable outcome. Many transwoman are not able to find a colon-rectal surgeon who is willing to work on a transperson, much less "someone else's problem", nor do all of us have the means.

Even if you are fortunate enough to locate a doctor--and in my case, privileged to have insurance and financial means to cover remedial procedures, then there is still only a slim chance for alleviation of this humiliating and debilitating condition. One surgeon, out of frustration no doubt, finally washed his hands of me saying, "well, you did this to yourself".

Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Sex Change Surgery?
The patient must have good Body Mass Index. Their weight divided by the square of their height should give a value between 20 and 25. Being overweight won't necessarily exclude a person from surgery, but a stable weight category definitely helps as the excess fat tissue in and around the operating area of the patients body only adds to the surgeon’s troubles.

The patient must not have any sort of a bleeding disorder, high cholesterol, high BP, obesity, arthritis, diabetes, severe allergies, coronary and pulmonary diseases and severe depression.

The patient needs to have a positive outlook and realistic expectations as no surgery is perfect. For example, many people who undergo Surgeries involving the Breast tissue start regretting it a few weeks after the surgery seeing the red, swollen area but they must understand that all this will eventually pass.

What To Do Before A Sex Change Surgery?
-Gender identification is the first, most essential part of the procedure. The transperson has to identify themselves as belonging to either of the 2 sexes and hence undergo the procedure in order to become more like that sex to maximum possibility. The identification can be done by themselves after reaching a certain mental maturity or should be done by the doctors even when the Trans babies are born.

-At the very start, when the trans person first goes to consultation, he/she has to introspect within themselves and be doubtlessly sure that they want to undergo the procedure as a procedure like vaginoplasty is irreversible. A person entering into such a procedure without appropriate forethought, will be emotionally and psychologically overwhelmed after.

-Like all other major surgeries, this surgery too demands a decent medical history and the surgeons will be very sure to ask for it.
-Like all other major surgeries, this surgery too demands a decent medical history and the surgeons will be very sure to ask for it.

-The patient will have to quit smoking a few weeks prior to surgery as nicotine slows down the recovery. Patients needing nipple grafts should not consider smoking at all as nipple tissue is extremely sensitive to Nicotine and the graft might get rejected otherwise.

...CONTINUED...

link   
...CONTINUED...

What Is The Post Operative Care For Sex Change Surgery?
Male To Female Surgery Care:

After 3 days in the hospital for the surgery, for the recovery time, the patient has to stay in the area for 10 to 12 days.

The patient can perform light work in 4 to 6 weeks. Strenuous work and exercise can begin by 6 to 8 weeks.

Dilation (stretching the vagina walls periodically) should be done as per the surgeon's after care instructions, with a frequency of twice a week till 13 weeks.

A good dilator that is large and comfortably fits inside the vagina should be used.

The vagina should be douched (cleaned in a particular way) as per surgeon’s instructions.

Painkillers according to the surgeon's prescription should be administered in the different stages of healing after the gender reassignment.

Female To Male Surgery Care:

After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days.

Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks. More strenuous exercise can only be started after 4 to 6 weeks.

A compression binder might have to be worn during the recovery stages for 6 weeks. It primarily depends on the surgeon's advice.

There will be less than moderate pain after surgery for a few weeks depending on how the surgery was done. This will be taken care of by the surgeon who will prescribe necessary painkillers.

Sutures in the top surgery will be removed in about a week.

What Are The Realistic Expectations From A Sex Change Surgery?
Sex change is not a short term procedure. While the surgery lasts only a few hours, the duration for a complete sex change, in both psychological and physical terms, can take upto a few years. Gender is a prime identity of any individual, it defines his/her preferences, lifestyle, habits, and so on. Hence, the decision to undergo the surgery should be taken with much consideration.

While more than 97% individuals undergoing the surgery find gender reassignment results satisfactory, it is best to be sure about the resulting effect of the treatment before undergoing it.

Since the surgery is irreversible and lasts for a lifetime, you should consult in detail with your doctor whether you are an ideal candidate for the surgery.

The procedure is ideally suited for two types of individuals; for those who were not biologically assigned a gender at birth, or those who do not feel comfortable with their current sex. Generally, such people do not wish to be associated with the gender that they biologically posses or have a gender dysphoria.

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
In the Uk, when you apply to join the forces, whichever branch, if you have seen a doctor in the last 6 months for anything more than a cold you will be deferred until they have your full medical records. If you have seen a psychologist/psychiatrist you will be immediately excluded unless it is proven you were seeing those people for no more than depression. If you have suffered from depression you have to be at least 3 yrs clear without any medication before being considered. Transgenders serve in the UK army AFTER they have transitioned provided they meet the same rigorous mental & physical requirements as everyone else. LGB individuals get the same rights as hetrosexual soldiers i.e. maternity leave etc

To UKTruth....the fitness required for the Army is exactly the same, per job role, for women as for men. Different branches have different fitness requirements. Women themselves actually demanded the same fitness tests and the same basic training as men so people couldn't say they had it easier.

link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Don't both sexes fight on the front line? I have two women friends who were commanders. Both did hard duty in Iraq. One in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 07271978googleme

Wrong thread for this

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!🎥

twitter.com...

Is this also his call to make?

edit on 26-7-2017 by Mikehawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 07271978googleme

Quit trying to derail the thread with Russia WTF

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Did you read my post? I just said people should be fit. I wouldn't recruit anyone with a busted colon or whatever.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Thank goodness, the last thing these mentally deranged people need is more affirmation that their illness is normal.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No they haven't.
Trump didn't consult anybody.
Just like he never sent anyone to investigate Obama's birth in Hawaii. ( And you WONT BELIEVE what they are finding) What a joke.
He didn't consult anyone.
He is just going down a list of things Obama did trying to undo every one. We all know what his secret agenda is and nobody is being fooled. Well some but not a lot. Lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikehawk

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A persons sexual identity and orientation should not be an indicator to their devotion to duty, honor, or the mission.

Trump is CnC though. It is his call to make.

IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!🎥

twitter.com...

Is this also his call to make?

I worship a little-known squishy purple thing from another dimension that calls itself Kevin.

It's got claws and pointy bits.

Does that count?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It does not sound logical to exclude a person that could of had those complications after their surgery. If they are fit and no health issues, what's the problem?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Remember when it was to get out of the service and not in? I do....

or to not be able to serve....

www.youtube.com...

Good thing SJW's didn't exist during the Korean war.

Klinger!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

No they haven't.
Trump didn't consult anybody.
Just like he never sent anyone to investigate Obama's birth in Hawaii. ( And you WONT BELIEVE what they are finding) What a joke.
He didn't consult anyone.
He is just going down a list of things Obama did trying to undo every one. We all know what his secret agenda is and nobody is being fooled. Well some but not a lot. Lol.

Have you got any proof of your statement?

edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't want someone wrapped up in confusion over their gender and who's more concerned with getting their pecker chopped off next to me in the bunker in a war zone.

Not the place for it, nor do we need tax dollars going to paying for all their cosmetic surgery.

Another win for Trump.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join