It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

So you think they should be singled out and put in "special" places. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: kaylaluv

Men commit suicide more frequently than women. I think we should ban men from the military. Too risky.

How many men come back from tours of duty with depression, anxiety and other mental problems?

If you think men shouldn't be in the military for those reasons, surely you would say the same with groups with an even higher rate of suicide.

Lol.. Don't expect an answer to that one. Talk about in your face. Pesky ole facts again.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Are transgenders gay?

They can be heterosexual or homosexual or bi-sexual.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with transgender.

Right, so this is not really an anti homosexual move.

Since Gays are allowed to serve.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

How can we take you seriously in combat?

You mean how can you take me seriously in combat. Btw I am sure a lot of military personnel think the same as Trump. So I wouldn't worry too much about the seriousness of a normal minded person in combat.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I want my star back I gave you - I meant it for IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Soldiers need to be respected? Yes. That respect isn't based on their looks but their actions.

In my opinion - AND soldier who compromises the US military by doing this 'trans' crap?

Is a traitor.

peace

I don't want your star anyways.

Compromises the military? You scared you'll see a chiffon scarf or two? The reality is that trans-folk can do anything any other soldier can do.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

So you think they should be singled out and put in "special" places. Interesting.

Not at all. But I cant say I'm surprised that you'd interpret it that way.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Are transgenders gay?

No, its not. At least not yet. Who knows what Trump will do.

However, being such a tiny minority - - - LGBT advocates tend to fight for the whole spectrum IMO.

NOTE: But, don't you think many of the uneducated in this matter do lump them all together?

edit on 26-7-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: TheTory

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So honestly could you take these people seriously in combat?

Halloween one thing, SJW another...I'm sorry but really I couldn't....

I could. Any soldier, regardless of looks, earns my respect.

Any soldier, hey?

I will give you this...any soldier deserves respect who serves in combat. But if he/she affects the focus and lives of other soldiers in combat that doesn't deserve respect...that deserves selfishness award.

I don't really give a good goddamn whether you're a pecker puffer or a rug muncher. I don't care if you're a chick, or a dude, both, or neither. Nor do I care who you choose to get jiggy with, as long as they consent to getting jiggy back. Posting all the pictures of trans in the military in the world won't change that opinion.

Some of us care about whether you can do the job you signed up to do. If you can't, it's nothing personal, but kindly step aside and allow somebody who can do the job to do it and stop wasting boat space. If you can do the job? Great, ruck up and let's get it done.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

perhaps you could explain your post.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Anyone who wants trans-anything in the military obviously have greater problems than which bathroom they use.

Dear God - can you imagine? The world is already laughing at us - but then we put gays in the military and believe we'll be effective? Mighty? Terrifying to other nations? Not.

Please - can you imagine some yancie-boy swishing here and there in uniform.
*High Five President Trump*

peace

Hate to break it to you, but gays have always been in the military. Since there's been a military. There was even a gay general in the Continental Army during the revolutionary war..

Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben

He wrote Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States, the book that served as standard United States drill manual until the American Civil War.[2] He served as General George Washington's chief of staff in the final years of the war.

His exits from the court of Hohenzollern-Hechingen and from Paris were under clouds of accusation of homosexual activity.[26] Von Steuben arrived in the United States with his secretary, Peter Stephen Du Ponceau, who is rumored to have been his lover. [27]At Valley Forge, he began close relationships with Benjamin Walker and William North, then both military officers in their 20s, which are assumed by many to have been romantic. [28] Because homosexuality was criminalized at the time, records of his relationships are limited to references in correspondences.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up - I knew this - just used the wrong word, I meant to say trans not gay.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Comrade Cheeto's just pandering to the religious right.
I respect everyone who serves in the armed forces--period. There's absolutely no reason why transgender people can't do the job and serve with honor & distinction.
Personally, I'd rather be in a foxhole with a well-trained transgender warrior than that fat orange idiot of a president any day.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: introvert

If has already taken place before they joined and they can get through basic and AIT then good for them. The one thing I think could influence that is if they plan to continue hormone therapy, but that is a medical issue I am not qualified to speak on.

Like I said, if they are willing and able, let them serve.

You were correct to add 'able' to the mix.
Undergoing hormone treatment and sex change operations make them unable to serve.
If they don't go through any of that, obey the same orders and follow the same processes as the other men, and simply STFU about being transgender then they should be fine if they are willing and able to serve.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Talk about unreasonable special treatment expectations...

Who Are The Ideal Candidates For Sex Change Surgery?
The patient must have good Body Mass Index. Their weight divided by the square of their height should give a value between 20 and 25. Being overweight won't necessarily exclude a person from surgery, but a stable weight category definitely helps as the excess fat tissue in and around the operating area of the patients body only adds to the surgeon’s troubles.

The patient must not have any sort of a bleeding disorder, high cholesterol, high BP, obesity, arthritis, diabetes, severe allergies, coronary and pulmonary diseases and severe depression.

The patient needs to have a positive outlook and realistic expectations as no surgery is perfect. For example, many people who undergo Surgeries involving the Breast tissue start regretting it a few weeks after the surgery seeing the red, swollen area but they must understand that all this will eventually pass.

What To Do Before A Sex Change Surgery?
-Gender identification is the first, most essential part of the procedure. The transperson has to identify themselves as belonging to either of the 2 sexes and hence undergo the procedure in order to become more like that sex to maximum possibility. The identification can be done by themselves after reaching a certain mental maturity or should be done by the doctors even when the Trans babies are born.

-At the very start, when the trans person first goes to consultation, he/she has to introspect within themselves and be doubtlessly sure that they want to undergo the procedure as a procedure like vaginoplasty is irreversible. A person entering into such a procedure without appropriate forethought, will be emotionally and psychologically overwhelmed after.

-Like all other major surgeries, this surgery too demands a decent medical history and the surgeons will be very sure to ask for it.

-The patient will have to quit smoking a few weeks prior to surgery as nicotine slows down the recovery. Patients needing nipple grafts should not consider smoking at all as nipple tissue is extremely sensitive to Nicotine and the graft might get rejected otherwise.

What Is The Post Operative Care For Sex Change Surgery?
Male To Female Surgery Care:

After 3 days in the hospital for the surgery, for the recovery time, the patient has to stay in the area for 10 to 12 days.

The patient can perform light work in 4 to 6 weeks. Strenuous work and exercise can begin by 6 to 8 weeks.

Dilation (stretching the vagina walls periodically) should be done as per the surgeon's after care instructions, with a frequency of twice a week till 13 weeks.

A good dilator that is large and comfortably fits inside the vagina should be used.

The vagina should be douched (cleaned in a particular way) as per surgeon’s instructions.

Painkillers according to the surgeon's prescription should be administered in the different stages of healing after the gender reassignment.

Female To Male Surgery Care:

After 2 days in the hospital, the patient will have to stay in the area for about 5 to 6 days.

Small work can be resumed in 2 weeks. More strenuous exercise can only be started after 4 to 6 weeks.

A compression binder might have to be worn during the recovery stages for 6 weeks. It primarily depends on the surgeon's advice.

There will be less than moderate pain after surgery for a few weeks depending on how the surgery was done. This will be taken care of by the surgeon who will prescribe necessary painkillers.

Sutures in the top surgery will be removed in about a week.

What Are The Realistic Expectations From A Sex Change Surgery?
Sex change is not a short term procedure. While the surgery lasts only a few hours, the duration for a complete sex change, in both psychological and physical terms, can take upto a few years. Gender is a prime identity of any individual, it defines his/her preferences, lifestyle, habits, and so on. Hence, the decision to undergo the surgery should be taken with much consideration.

While more than 97% individuals undergoing the surgery find gender reassignment results satisfactory, it is best to be sure about the resulting effect of the treatment before undergoing it.

Since the surgery is irreversible and lasts for a lifetime, you should consult in detail with your doctor whether you are an ideal candidate for the surgery.

The procedure is ideally suited for two types of individuals; for those who were not biologically assigned a gender at birth, or those who do not feel comfortable with their current sex. Generally, such people do not wish to be associated with the gender that they biologically posses or have a gender dysphoria.

Transgender Surgery Can Cost More Than $100,000
"Just imagine, you have to take every stitch of clothing you own and put it in the garbage," Buechner says. "The best analogy I tell people is, 'What if you moved to Bolivia tomorrow, how much would it cost to start a totally new life?'"

"The costs are enormous. Start counting."

...every thing I would ever expect from every cue I've noted between research, TV, documentaries, cinema, etc all my life is the military has strict physical fitness requirements for eligibility. Even during draft periods. And reasonably so. To be expected.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I was asking what are people's objections to trans people serving in noncombatant roles, since all everyone is talking about is front line combat.

I never once said I think trans people should be pigeonholed into any certain areas of service, you're the one who brought that up in a feeble attempt to attack me.

I was only wondering about other people's rationale.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Are transgenders gay?

No, its not. At least not yet. Who knows what Trump will do.

However, being such a tiny minority - - - LGBT advocates tend to fight for the whole spectrum IMO.

NOTE: But, don't you think many of the uneducated in this matter do lump them all together?

The only people I see lumping this issue together with the entire LGBT community are those wailing about the military decision to exclude transgenders. They do indeed sound uneducated.
edit on 26/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Thanks for the heads up - I knew this - just used the wrong word, I meant to say trans not gay.

Thanks.

It does help to use the right words.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

There were and are lots of military that don't habe nor do they deserve my respect

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Do not forget that certain jobs have special requirements that the moment you start taking the drugs, you are not allowed to do that job till the military figures out the long term physiological effects.

This process can take years in some areas, that would be years of not doing the job you were hired to do while getting paid to do the job you cannot do.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I was asking what are people's objections to trans people serving in noncombatant roles, since all everyone is talking about is front line combat.

I never once said I think trans people should be pigeonholed into any certain areas of service, you're the one who brought that up in a feeble attempt to attack me.

I was only wondering about other people's rationale.

Sex change operation and drug costs.
They are unable to serve in any capacity if they want to go through that. Those that have already been through it - too risky to let them.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join