It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tweets NO Transgender in Military

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So honestly could you take these people seriously in combat?

Halloween one thing, SJW another...I'm sorry but really I couldn't....

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Since science is sexist, ow about an first hand 'anecdote':

Sex Reassignment Surgery: When Things Go Wrong
My Surgeon Doesn't Know How to Fix It
Then, seemingly, neither does anyone else. My SRS surgeon attempted to fix the two-inch tear in my colon while I was still there, the repair failed in less than twelve hours. Next, a colon-rectal surgeon was found in the nearest large city and brought in to look at me. He aborted his attempt to repair the defect and instead, performed a full colostomy.

I flew home to Michigan with a bag attached to my abdomen and thick pads between my legs to soak up the blood.

A local colon-rectal surgeon, persuaded to see me by my primary care physician, was upbeat. Each time I went into surgery with him he would encourage me, saying "this time we'll get it". Coming out of surgery, my spouse Cindy would hear from him how well it went and that he was "optimistic this time" the closure would take and a new defect would not open up.

Another surgeon who has had some success with other fistula patients seemed promising, but eight months later, under the pressure of a barium test, that repair too, failed.

I have had stitch-overs, mucosal flap advancements, and pelvic floor muscle mobilization; each new approach diminishes what viable tissue I have for another attempt. I have tried to go into every surgery with a realistic outlook; multiple failures however, become difficult to bear.

Still, I am one of the fortunate ones with this complication; I stand a chance, albeit small, for an eventually favorable outcome. Many transwoman are not able to find a colon-rectal surgeon who is willing to work on a transperson, much less "someone else's problem", nor do all of us have the means.

Even if you are fortunate enough to locate a doctor--and in my case, privileged to have insurance and financial means to cover remedial procedures, then there is still only a slim chance for alleviation of this humiliating and debilitating condition. One surgeon, out of frustration no doubt, finally washed his hands of me saying, "well, you did this to yourself".

Sounds like a ideal candidate for paratroopers if I ever heard of one.

edit on 26-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Trump is totatly corrcet on this one.

Cant have people with mental disorders in the military.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Was there some sort of study done about Transfolk signing up just to get a free reassignment and not serving their term? Or did someone pull that talking point out of their ass and some of you have latched on to it as a rallying cry?
edit on 7/26/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I'll give Trump this - people are talking about this instead of Russia or Obamacare.

Both Obamacare and Russia were/are

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Everyone IS the same in the military with the right leadership. Black, white, asian, muslim, jewish, christian, atheist, gay, trans, male, female. Same.

That's just not true military leadership doesn't have any more control over racism than anyone else. Depending on the branch it could be a major problem. For example the air force keeps everything separate often having private showers etc. The Army still bunks privates together in mass. And you can't be there 24 7 to make sure they don't harass someone.

Having been in that situation with my unit I will say often transferring them is the best solution.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: matafuchs

Everyone IS the same in the military with the right leadership. Black, white, asian, muslim, jewish, christian, atheist, gay, trans, male, female. Same.

That's just not true military leadership doesn't have any more control over racism than anyone else. Depending on the branch it could be a major problem. For example the air force keeps everything separate often having private showers etc. The Army still bunks privates together in mass. And you can't be there 24 7 to make sure they don't harass someone.

Having been in that situation with my unit I will say often transferring them is the best solution.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Was there some sort of study done about Transfolk signing up just to get a free reassignment and not serving their term? Or did someone pull that talking point out of their ass and some of you have latched on to it as a rallying cry?

The surgery is my only issue with the subject.

Dear all supporters of trans in the military,

Is it possible to compromise on trans allowed but the taxpayers dont have to pay for their sex / gender reassignment surgery and related therapies, or is there just no hope for reasonable compromise with you?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Are transgenders gay?

They can be heterosexual or homosexual or bi-sexual.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with transgender.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I could. Any soldier, regardless of looks, earns my respect.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Anyone who wants trans-anything in the military obviously have greater problems than which bathroom they use.

Dear God - can you imagine? The world is already laughing at us - but then we allow trans g's in the military and believe we'll be effective? Mighty? Terrifying to other nations? Not.

Please - can you imagine some yancie-boy or hulky-chick swishing here and there in uniform.
*High Five President Trump*

peace
edit on 3847Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: Fixed a specific word

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I see everyone talking about being in combat with transgender people, but what about support operations?

Should trans people not be allowed to drive a truck? Pilot a drone? Work in intelligence away from the front lines?

The military isn't only people fighting on the front line, a huge number are in support positions. What are the reasons for keeping trans people from these types of positions?

Intelligence apparently doesn't count.

Only "grunts" need apply.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: eNumbra

The surgery is my only issue with the subject.

Dear all supporters of trans in the military,

Is it possible to compromise on trans allowed but the taxpayers dont have to pay for their sex / gender reassignment surgery and related therapies, or is there just no hope for reasonable compromise with you?

Firstly, I'm a supporter of PEOPLE in the military, transfolk have the same right to volunteer as everyone else.

Secondly, I do class it as an elective surgery, so it should only be covered by any plan that covers electives. If that counts the military plan, change whatever need be changed.

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yeah.... I'm glad you liked you post. But, having 3 out of 10 Americans slap each other on the back at a Trump rally means nothing. Trump is alienating his moderate 'supporters' faster than he can tweet about his desire to screw over his hard core supporters, (you know, the majority of those who be hurt after he throws out their health care with nothing to replace it). All his pompous flailing around now and short-term executive orders designed to appease only those 'poorly educated' 30% won't save him from what's coming in the form of Mueller's investigation - the one that Trump's terrified of....

Trump is Trash

Worst. 'president'. EVER!

link   
a reply to: TheTory

I want my star back I gave you - I meant it for IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Soldiers need to be respected? Yes. That respect isn't based on their looks but their actions.

In my opinion - AND soldier who compromises the US military by doing this 'trans' crap?

Is a traitor.

peace

link   
How about we allow ONLY Trump supporters to serve? Let's get this Korean war started!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Regardless of one's opinion on this - getting through MEPS would be a nightmare! As someone who has served and deployed I can say that not everyone has the right to go be all they can be in any branch of service. it's very selective just to get into any branch - tattoos need waivers, old medical issues need waivers, endless hours seeing DoD and civilian doctors. there is a lot of logistics to it. Its difficult enough to get the green light to deploy even with a few bad teeth, or sleep disorders, etc. At the end of the day, Generals make these calls (or suggestions) and the Commander in Chief makes the call. this topic has so many aspects its crazy - are people only joining to get free surgeries on a 3 year contract, ETS, and live their lives? if so, I'm not mad at em, a lot join for free college and bennies, but there goes the ole 'duty and service' thing. is it all money on DoD budget? I dunno I would think they could afford it? or is it that the Military needs to spend more time on soldiering tasks and warfighting skills compared to sitting in death by powerpoint training to cope with all of this? I can say personally that on a given duty day, you can spend 90% of it in briefings about Equal Opportunity, alcohol use, gender sensitivity training, suicide prevention, the list goes on and on. I would have stayed in if you spend the majority of your time honing your specific MOS. I'm glad I served, but even more happy I don't have to deal with any of this.

not trans related, but there were A LOT of homosexual service men and women, we all knew who and it never mattered a bit, everyone did their jobs no questions asked - it was fine... until politicians and civilians got involved. Don't ask Don't tell worked perfectly.

Also, more to think on. you don't have the same rights as you do as a private citizen. you fall under the UCMJ, think about this... in the military, adultery can get you thrown in jail.

complicated issue here. my .02, let the Generals make the decisions.

link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

How can we take you seriously in combat?

link   

originally posted by: TheTory

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

I could. Any soldier, regardless of looks, earns my respect.

Any soldier, hey?

I will give you this...any soldier deserves respect who serves in combat. But if he/she affects the focus and lives of other soldiers in combat that doesn't deserve respect...that deserves selfishness award.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join